Son of God

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubt at all that the New Testament presents Jesus Christ as an outstanding personality. He gives striking evidence of extraordinary powers in the miracles he performs; he makes the most penetrating observations about human life, and faith, and the true worship of God; and his claims concerning himself, as the only source of life to come, are such as no one else would dare to make.

Now the majority of those who have any ideas at all about Jesus, think of him as part of the Godhead: as God the Son, existing in heaven from the beginning of time with God the Father, equal in power and authority to Him, but coming down to earth to be born, as a human babe, of the Israelite maiden known as the Virgin Mary; then dying on the Cross as a sign of God's love for mankind, before returning to heaven to resume his former exalted position. As the Holy Ghost (now more commonly called the Holy Spirit) is also regarded as part of the Godhead, this is the "Triune God" (or One in Three), as described in the Doctrine of the Trinity. The relationship between the three Persons -- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost -- is understood in a very subtle way by the learned theologians who defend this doctrine, and in a much more elementary way by the majority of those who somewhat vaguely accept it.

The view that "Jesus is God" is held in a rather emotional way by many sincerely religious people. Anyone who does not unhesitatingly accept this formula is immediately regarded as a "heretic" and as "unChristian". This short work is a plea for a friendly and sincere examination of this most important subject. The author and all those who share his opinions, would stress with all the earnestness they can command, that they really do believe that Jesus was, and is, literally the Son of God. They are not Unitarians, who think of Jesus as just a very superior man; nor are they "adoptionists", holding that God "adopted" Jesus as His spiritual Son. They believe that Jesus was God's "only begotten Son" in the way the Scriptures describe.

This does not sound like you so where did you copy and paste this from?

Other thing in Psalm 110 says " Lord (Father) said to my Lord (Christ), come and sit with me on my Right Hand. It is very hard concept how to describe who God is. Even the Spirit said Even before the world was made, I was there. So the whole Bible summed up of the Trinity. How the word Trinity brought in, it is shorten the word Tri-Unity. Many other religion brought the wrong idea what christian believes. Even the religious leaders think Jesus is a blasphemer, bec the idea of what religious leader see Jesus claimed to be God. Jesus never said He is God, bec He doesnt have to. He shown His humility. Satan is the other hand, " I am God", thats full of pride. That is why. If Jesus isnt God, then, He will not be on a throne and judge.

Actually that is incorrect.. The Bible does say that Jesus is God.

John 1 speaks of Jesus as Word.. and it does say in verse 1 that the Word is God.

:ty: We need Reba in here too. :giggle:

Jesus is supposedly the son of God cuz God impregnated Mary without her permission.

Jesus is supposedly the son of God cuz God impregnated Mary without her permission.

I guess GOD choosen Mary for some reasons to be the mother of his child. Mary had to Married Josph so her family protect her for beinging undwed mother without a husband. It must have been hard on Mary.

It was not done without her permission, An angel appeared to Mary and told Mary that she was selected by God to be the mother of the Messiah, and she accepted. She was even more happier to be chosen.

I guess GOD choosen Mary for some reasons to be the mother of his child. Mary had to Married Josph so her family protect her for beinging undwed mother without a husband. It must have been hard on Mary.

That's not true.

During the time an angel appeared to Mary, Joseph and Mary were engaged they were not married as of yet.

Mary's Father wanted Joseph to marry Mary before he die because he knows Joseph is a good man, a man of strong beliefs

When Joseph found out that Mary was pregnant, he thought she was raped nor had an affair while he was away, and tried to break off the engagement, He found Mary's story about God's Holy Spirit was difficult to believe. Then an angel appeared to Joseph and convinced Joseph that Mary was telling the truth, and that she was not being unfaithful, even told Joseph to marry Mary, and named the child, Jesus. Joseph obeyed God.

That's not true.

During the time an angel appeared to Mary, Joseph and Mary were engaged they were not married as of yet.

Mary's Father wanted Joseph to marry Mary before he die because he knows Joseph is a good man, a man of strong beliefs

When Joseph found out that Mary was pregnant, he thought she was raped nor had an affair while he was away, and tried to break off the engagement, He found Mary's story about God's Holy Spirit was difficult to believe. Then an angel appeared to Joseph and convinced Joseph that Mary was telling the truth, and that she was not being unfaithful, even told Joseph to marry Mary, and named the child, Jesus. Joseph obeyed God.

Okay,, I remember watching the movie called the "Nativity" and it was all about Mary and her child. So we know that Mary's child would change the world. When one of their neighbors loses his daughter to involuntary servitude to pay off a tax debt, Mary is forced into a betrothal by her parents to Joseph, a young homebuilder who has had his eye on Mary. They're told they must not consummate the marriage for a year. Mary's not happy with the arrangement. She barely knows Joseph; she certainly does not love him.

But you right,, Mary did agrees to the angel's request, and then travels to see Elizabeth. Elizabeth is the wife of Zechariah, a priest who was told in the temple his aged wife would conceive and bear a son, who was to be named John. Zechariah didn't believe it, so he lost his ability to speak. When Mary shows up, Elizabeth seems to know all about Mary's impending pregnancy, saying her own child leapt in her womb. Mary tells Elizabeth she's scared, since the law requires she remain pure. She thinks nobody will believe she's kept her vows. Elizabeth comforts her, telling her to trust God.

Remeber look back on that movie.

Oh you watch the story testmant movie too MUCH instead of naturally reading the scrpitures.

TEN COMMANDMENTS

PASSION

ON AND ON MOVIE LISTS YOU NAMED.

my thread: Christins actually worshipping a WHAT??! thats what the exactly I talked about!

sad!

I get this informations from people I used discuss about GOD in view discussions is what I learn from them. So all that informations came from the people I learn from the chruch, and the people online give me their view of how feel about son of GOD.

I understand but what I'm asking is if your post #11 was typed in your own words? or did you copy and paste it from a web site?..

Oh you watch the story testmant movie too MUCH instead of naturally reading the scrpitures.

TEN COMMANDMENTS

PASSION

my thread: Christins actually worshipping a WHAT??! thats what the exactly I talked about!

sad!

We do read the bible, if you got nothing nice to say, then refrain yourself from posting anywhere in the Religious forum.

Last edited:
I understand but what I'm asking is if your post #11 was typed in your own words? or did you copy and paste it from a web site?..

Yes most of them are typed in to my own words, and other part of the words that I added were mostly people tell me what they know about the bible and how the story goes about GOD and Jesus history facts. But then again, I have to respect everybody view if they get mad about it. Seems that religions issues played a big role in people lives how they view it. I do, however agree to some of that informations that made some sense. But I am nto judging yours or other people view on Jesus is GOD. I just find it a bit odd how that is viewed in deaf way viewing GOD and Jesus.

TEN COMMANDMENTS

PASSION

sad!

How is it sad by watching the movie the nativity? That is all about the story from the bible. It same as reading a book, only difference is the movie show a visual picture how the story was written. These are all good movies about the bible itself. Not the religion. So, as to me the way I see it, it about bible history.

Yes most of them are typed in to my own words, and other part of the words that I added were mostly people tell me what they know about the bible and how the story goes about GOD and Jesus history facts. But then again, I have to respect everybody view if they get mad about it. Seems that religions issues played a big role in people lives how they view it. I do, however agree to some of that informations that made some sense. But I am nto judging yours or other people view on Jesus is GOD. I just find it a bit odd how that is viewed in deaf way viewing GOD and Jesus.

GarentTigerMom, I was hoping you would be totally honest with me but sadly you left me no choice.

I found the link to a web site which you did copy and paste exactly every words that was posted on #11

Jesus: God the Son or Son of God?

And another link to your post #5

What does it mean that Jesus is the Son of God?

Please provide a link next time due to copyrights :ty:

Simple question:

Did Jesus consider himself as God?
Did Jesus consider himself as Son of God?

Nope but the people who claim Jesus as God or Son of God because Jesus can help people with his mircale things.

That's not true.

Well, at their time, women would stone to death for unmarried mother no matter either they are being raped nor an affair but label them Hure because they are not married.

They would sentenced Mary to death with stones. God know that... It's really hard to beleive that God ignored Jew's rules and continue to make unmarried Mary pregnant. He should talk Joseph first before make his wife pregnant.

What if Joseph disobey God and continue to let Mary punish to death with stones?

It make no sense to me... Sorry.

my hat off from head to you

Simple question:

Did Jesus consider himself as God?
Did Jesus consider himself as Son of God?

Nope but the people who claim Jesus as God or Son of God because Jesus can help people with his mircale things.

EXCELLENT POINT! Like the scripture of John 1:34 John the bapist saw him, He made claimed this is SON OF GOD. Others like Peter, Nathanael, Roman Solder, said He is the son of God. On and on verses from scriptures!

Keep your head up! :)

People did not claim that Jesus is God, It says so in the Bible. End of the discussion. If people will seriously investigate the Bible evidence, then they would know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back