Son of God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death of John the Baptist:

Matthew 14

1 At that time Herod the tetrarch heard of the fame of Jesus, 2 And said unto his servants, This is John the Baptist; he is risen from the dead; and therefore mighty works do shew forth themselves in him. 3 For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife. 4 For John said unto him, It is not lawful for thee to have her. 5 And when he would have put him to death, he feared the multitude, because they counted him as a prophet. 6 But when Herod's birthday was kept, the daughter of Herodias danced before them, and pleased Herod. 7 Whereupon he promised with an oath to give her whatsoever she would ask. 8 And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, Give me here John Baptist's head in a charger. 9 And the king was sorry: nevertheless for the oath's sake, and them which sat with him at meat, he commanded it to be given her. 10 And he sent, and beheaded John in the prison. 11 And his head was brought in a charger, and given to the damsel: and she brought it to her mother. 12 And his disciples came, and took up the body, and buried it, and went and told Jesus.

13 When Jesus heard of it, he departed thence by ship into a desert place apart:

Mark 6

14 And king Herod heard of him; (for his name was spread abroad:) and he said, That John the Baptist was risen from the dead, and therefore mighty works do shew forth themselves in him. 15 Others said, That it is Elias. And others said, That it is a prophet, or as one of the prophets. 16 But when Herod heard thereof, he said, It is John, whom I beheaded: he is risen from the dead. 17 For Herod himself had sent forth and laid hold upon John, and bound him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife: for he had married her. 18 For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife. 19 Therefore Herodias had a quarrel against him, and would have killed him; but she could not: 20 For Herod feared John, knowing that he was a just man and an holy, and observed him; and when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly. 21 And when a convenient day was come, that Herod on his birthday made a supper to his lords, high captains, and chief estates of Galilee; 22 And when the daughter of the said Herodias came in, and danced, and pleased Herod and them that sat with him, the king said unto the damsel, Ask of me whatsoever thou wilt, and I will give it thee. 23 And he sware unto her, Whatsoever thou shalt ask of me, I will give it thee, unto the half of my kingdom. 24 And she went forth, and said unto her mother, What shall I ask? And she said, The head of John the Baptist. 25 And she came in straightway with haste unto the king, and asked, saying, I will that thou give me by and by in a charger the head of John the Baptist. 26 And the king was exceeding sorry; yet for his oath's sake, and for their sakes which sat with him, he would not reject her. 27 And immediately the king sent an executioner, and commanded his head to be brought: and he went and beheaded him in the prison, 28 And brought his head in a charger, and gave it to the damsel: and the damsel gave it to her mother. 29 And when his disciples heard of it, they came and took up his corpse, and laid it in a tomb.

I lost any responses to one of my questions about 10 pages ago (LOL).
I asked, does anyone think that "Son of God" could mean "prophet"? I never saw any answers.
It could mean anything...

If they say that Jesus was born from Mary, that would make him Mary's son. Since Joseph and Mary are married, that would make him Joseph's son. Since God is the one that got Mary pregnant, that would make him God's son.

So, Jesus has 2 fathers?

What if Jesus was actually the son of someone else, but to cover up her sin... she claimed it was God's son.

It could be anything. Look at me, I am my father's son. However, I have two fathers too. I've never met my biological father, but I grew up with my adopted father. Whose son would you say I really was?

Are prophets not the men of God? Yes all the prophets were begot of God, period. There already mentioned verses in the old testment scripture without argue or deny.. Yawn..

I lost any responses to one of my questions about 10 pages ago (LOL).
I asked, does anyone think that "Son of God" could mean "prophet"? I never saw any answers.
My answer is big YES, I correct you without mistakes or no misunderstand you! Son of God is the prophet. the prophet is the Son of God either. Was Jesus one of prophets? there already Moses mentioned in the highest scripture. ;)

I undy totally that. I did crying and broke my heart for him because he not accepted.

You can't expect that I accepted christians view or belief

I pray for him. He would THANKFUL to Lord since He created his life born since now.

I am not here to THANKFUL the Lord who created my life born. My parent and their life created me since I born from them thru flesh, blood, and life. not God. ;)

I suspect what caused or whatever hurt or destory him his Jesus Christ's life doctrine.

I already posts somewhere in forums. Like Liebling had mentioned about my experinces she post somewhere in this thread. ( thank to Liebling)

He knew Bible verses every time in alldeaf. I read his posts in alldeaf for 2 yrs since how sad.

you should happy to see me knowledge the bible verse. so you are lucky to have me here and hear every verses I gave out as instead of that You feeling sad. ;)

I cant higher hope he can heal but God can heal with him when he can submit to Lord. You r right not against him, me too. I respected who people believe gods but how sad. Truth is only one here John 14:6

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I am He, I am the way, the truth and the life No man come directly to fatherly heaven but My father is in me and I am in Him. In the last day you will know I AM HE!

I don't think he is against "GOD", I think it the religions issue. I don't see him being bitterness person. He does have a right to "choose" what he perfer to believe in. It all up to him what he decided. But I respect his feelings what he wants. We really can't tell a person what to do with his or her belief in GOD and the religions. So, I can't judge him.

Yes I second that.
GTM AND Liebling, I don't know how much thank you.. I don't know how to thank you. I really appericate you GTM and Liebling pick me up from fell and put my feet on the strong rock! my feet always with your feet's side, no matter what you put me thru bad and good posts. I don't know how to use 'THANK YOU' however you know my heart inside.. ;)

You can't expect that I accepted christians view or belief

Exactly, you decide what you beleive in and comfortable with.

I am not here to THANKFUL the Lord who created my life born. My parent and their life created me since I born from them thru flesh, blood, and life. not God.

Exactly, the parents created us, not God. The fact is our decision either we want to create the baby or not. My children thank us for create them. It's reality.

I already posts somewhere in forums. Like Liebling had mentioned about my experinces she post somewhere in this thread. ( thank to Liebling)

Willkommen ;)

you should happy to see me knowledge the bible verse. so you are lucky to have me here and hear every verses I gave out as instead of that You feeling sad.

True, you give verse in several threads and eye differently as Christians. It's good education for us to learn how we beleive differently.

I am He, I am the way, the truth and the life No man come directly to fatherly heaven but My father is in me and I am in Him. In the last day you will know I AM HE!

Yes I know and respect your posts what you beleive in differently than Christianity.

We are glad to answer each other if we have questions when we are unsure... but not judge or disrespectful.

GTM AND Liebling, I don't know how much thank you.. I don't know how to thank you. I really appericate you GTM and Liebling pick me up from fell and put my feet on the strong rock! my feet always with your feet's side, no matter what you put me thru bad and good posts. I don't know how to use 'THANK YOU' however you know my heart inside.. ;)

Willkommen :) The fact is you beleive in differently than Christianity belief doesn't mean that you negative God what some Christians thought. That's why I correct them.

That's your decision, but we showed you the verses and it speaks the same as we told you. Almighty Living God did become fully human. It happened in Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.

To me, Jesus is not Son of God because I know from the bible that the different personality between God and Jesus. I learn their difference personality is:

God is a pride.
Jesus is loving and warm heart.

It could not be that Jesus is God due their different personality.

Yes, I agree that Jesus is not GOD,, he is the "son of" GOD. That what they it says in the bible. So, Josph help raised Mary son Jesus, so he could have a father figure in his life. I am sure Josph knew Jesus is not his birth son. But He was graceful enough to help support Mary and Jeues out of love. :)

Yes, you make me curious more... I MUST rent the DVD to find out and focus either Jesus is really son of God or not.

That's where you are wrong, There are also verses in the bible that states that Jesus is God. It's the people who decides not to believe it.

Joseph knows that Jesus is not his birth son, because the angel did spoke to Joseph.

Remember, the bibles say differently as your bible. Your bible say that Jesus is God but our bibles doesn't say. Our bible did not say that Jesus claim that he is God or Son of God.

That's why we can't depend on our feelings about God. Feelings can change back and forth but God and His word are constant and never change.

:confused: The people do have feeling and decide what they feel comfortable with and trust to. We have feeling when we read the bible.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

It sound that Jesus is Son of God, not is God.

And :ty: for post the story about John of Baptist here. I know those history thru my bible story and also at school as well. I like to re-read them... It's very interesting.

If they say that Jesus was born from Mary, that would make him Mary's son. Since Joseph and Mary are married, that would make him Joseph's son. Since God is the one that got Mary pregnant, that would make him God's son.

So, Jesus has 2 fathers?

What if Jesus was actually the son of someone else, but to cover up her sin... she claimed it was God's son.

It could be anything. Look at me, I am my father's son. However, I have two fathers too. I've never met my biological father, but I grew up with my adopted father. Whose son would you say I really was?

Logical

So, Jesus has 2 fathers?

A child born to a married couple, even if not conceived by the husband, is legally the child of that man. That is legal position.

Joseph was not the biological father of Jesus but he was the legal father of Jesus. That's why the genealogy of Joseph is included in the Bible.

The actual conception of Jesus was by God, making God the biological father of Jesus.

Are prophets not the men of God? Yes all the prophets were begot of God, period.
Where does it say prophets are "begotten" of God in the Bible?

The Bible has many references that state that Jesus is "the only begotten Son of God." Notice, "only".

There already mentioned verses in the old testment scripture without argue or deny..
What are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back