Something from your childhood

i been to that museum and i could cry when i think of the things i thrown out over the years they worth fortune now

Wow, my nephew got that one with my collection! Even looks about that dinged up. Too many jumps down the stairs.

I had one exactly like this one in orange at my Grandma's house. I'm sorry I sold it. It was good for memories. Pretty beaten up, but I did get little money.

When I was young, I liked things that glow. This was one of my favorites, a lighted peg drawing board called Lite Brite.

tumblr_ly84i0XAfm1qes78io1_400.jpg

My brother and I enjoyed playing with our cap guns, although he preferred to take a whole roll of them and bang each cap with a hammer.

Me and my six-shooters. (Yes, I'm wearing two; the other one slid to the back.)
Yeah, we did the hammer to the entire roll at once. BANG!

BTW, your picture looks like you are playing both cowgirl and Indian.

Lincoln Log Cabin (wooden cabin with green wooden roof) and Heathkit (I miss that...)

Attachments

• HeathManual-02.jpg
    HeathManual-02.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 4
My brother and I enjoyed playing with our cap guns, although he preferred to take a whole roll of them and bang each cap with a hammer.

Me and my six-shooters. (Yes, I'm wearing two; the other one slid to the back.)

I loved to bang the cap with a rock , my mother was not very happy about that. I have a photo my my older sister , ex brother and myself and we're all wearing our Hopalong Cassidy outfits with guns .

We had a besr that wind up and we build a house of cards and wind up the bear and have knock down the house of cards. We thought this was a blast!
I think the best toy was the boxes that my dad's shirts came in from the dry cleaner that delivered your clothes right to house. I would take the boxes and ties them together and put my toys in them and pull it around the house.

My favorite childhood game was "Chinese Checkers." Shocking I know......:cool2:

Laura

Yeah, we did the hammer to the entire roll at once. BANG!

BTW, your picture looks like you are playing both cowgirl and Indian.
I did play both. In my play stories they weren't enemies. :)

Large cardboard boxes were a big hit with us seven kids. My mom was so great having us use our imagination. My younger brother and I would put a sheet over the kitchen table and play Batman & Robin for hours. My goddaughter received so many toys for Christmas and she likes the boxes best:):)

Sledding was good times. Dad would pull all of us behind the old Ford with clothesline rope tied to our sleds up the road up the mountain and then we would sled back down. Wasn't much traffic back then.
I was hooked on sledding though and was a common sight dragging my sled here and there up until eight or nine when I outgrew it. Soap on the runners made for a fast run, I went through a lot of soap.

Saw this at Salvation Army last night. Anyone remember this one?

Attachments

• 2013-01-19 19.15.54.jpg
    2013-01-19 19.15.54.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 20
this not old game but enjoyed it. was ping pong plug it into tv set

Back