Something from your childhood

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Is there something you had when you were a kid, that is no longer around or phased out today? I wonder what other people had in other states or countries that I didn't get to see here.

It can be anything, toys, food, clothes, or something popular that you liked when you were a kid.

I'll start first:
I realized that parachute army men toys are nonexistent today. I've browsed around in several toy stores and they don't keep them around anymore.

Wd7pa.jpg

oaVMW.jpg

Is there something you had when you were a kid, that is no longer around or phased out today? I wonder what other people had in other states or countries that I didn't get to see here.

It can be anything, toys, food, clothes, or something popular that you liked when you were a kid.

I'll start first:
I realized that parachute army men toys are nonexistent today. I've browsed around in several toy stores and they don't keep them around anymore.

Wd7pa.jpg

oaVMW.jpg

i still see those cheap toys at the one dollars store that sells. its perfect for kids birthday party flavors. truefully, kids got bored with it F - A - S - T.

Some of my favorites were 6 million Dollar Man; had the button in the back that made the arm go up and lift that engine. I had the space ship that turned into the operating table, too. The arm and legs had rubber on them that you could roll up and there were little plastic chips you could take out. And you could look through a hole in the back of his head and see out his eye, which made everything look far away. I also had the robot enemy that could be disguised as other people from the show. It had different removable arms and faces for Steve Austin, Oscar Goldman, and I think Rudy Wells.

Another fun one was the Evel Kneivel with bike. I also got the mobile home that turned into a ramp, but it was a lot of fun just racing and jumping the motorcycle around.

MODELKIT WORKSHOP: The Six Million Dollar Man Figures : Kenner
Evel Knievel Toys I IDEAL I 1973 I Catalog I Plaidstallions.com

Attachments

• capguns2.jpg
    capguns2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 15
There are so many 90's toys that I love. It's impossible to list them. :D

EDIT: And I still remember water guns. It was so much fun for summer time.

Caps! I forgot all about those things! We had a blast with them and capguns. I remember one day me and Kieth started off with banging caps with rocks and the fun escalated to building bombs emptying out his moms perfume bottles and pouring in the powder from every firecracker we could find. Supervision was lax back in 1960's Alaska.

I remember I had a Dick Tracy Squirt Rifle. Whoa that was a happy day when I hauled that thing out at the water pistol fight! Then there were the water balloons!

I remember proper Transformers ( or Gobots if you like :) ) that actually transformed within 3 or 4 "moves" and didn't need a degree in Engineering to figure out how to change them ( StarWars/Transformer Darth Vader/DeathStar I'm looking at YOU!!)
AND....... they were made of metal!!!!

I remember proper Transformers ( or Gobots if you like :) ) that actually transformed within 3 or 4 "moves" and didn't need a degree in Engineering to figure out how to change them ( StarWars/Transformer Darth Vader/DeathStar I'm looking at YOU!!)
AND....... they were made of metal!!!!

I boycotted Transformers; Micronauts Rule! Fun to interchange parts.

i dont know how to do a link but if you google museum of childhood V&A museum there pic of toys long gone...

Back