So, This Is What Terri Want ?..

Taylor said:
I'm missing something. How is the husband going to get millions if she dies? I've heard he was offered millions to let her live and he turned them down saying that she didn't want to live like that and was following her wishes (prior to her becoming ill). I'm curious as to how the husband will get millions as I must have missed that part of this whole story.

mom heard from tv, husband won 20 millions cuz of he sued other hospital for not take care of Terri and she has heart attack.. so husband took her other hospital that where Terri is at now.. he won 20 millions for sued other hosiptal... also Terri dont wanna die and she wanna ALIVE!! she been cried on new and tried tell her parents that she dont wanna die...

Don't ask me [about Terri's prognosis], ask the 14 doctors who've filed affidavits with the court saying that she can recover if she's given proper therapy. Patients in worse shape than her, like that Kate Adamson [who recovered after being diagnosed as PVS] have recovered. They act like we're blinded, but we have opinions from all these doctors which point to one thing: Terri could recover if she were given the right therapy.

Link:
http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/features/johansen_schindlers1_dec04.asp

While Michael should have gotten Terri therapy, He wasted all that time having an affair, recieving money for settlement, spending times going to court and seeking for Terri to die three times. You want to listen to Michael when he did nothing to work hard to get Terri what she needs, All he cares about is himself from day one.

A jury in Pinellas County, Florida, awards $1 million in a malpractice judgment; $700,000 of that is placed into a trust fund to pay for Terri's care.

So the husband may not get all of it cuz it goes all the medical need and other bills. So hopefully he not getting nothing out of it.

that's very sad and he should respect her although she became disabled in 1990. I can't believe that he doesn't care about the Americans With Disabilities act and he only wanted to do his own things instead of taking care of his DISABLED WIFE. According to ADA law, people cannot :nono: discriminate the disabled.

while it's true that she is disabled, but what's more than disabled is that her brain no longer funtions and can not chew and shallow solid foods on her own and would only get the food through the feeding tube into her stomach so while she is brain dead, she doesn't even know what is going on and have serious lack of communication.

I mean, c'mon...would you like someone like that to care of for the rest of your life?

if you have a baby that was born with no brain or skull (even though it rarely happens) would you still take care of the baby even though it's "not really there"?
would you rather take abortion of this baby with no brain or just take care of it, no matter what?

I know this is a big and confusing situation, but you know the old saying...just follow your heart and know what's best.

nobody is trying to kill terri and she've been that way long enough and she is still the same ever since her heart stopped for afew mintues and then continued beating, and thats when her brain got serious damage. if your heart stops, then the oxygen and engery to your brain stops as well, and would cause major problems. but when your heart beats again, your brain will never work again like before. It's pretty creepy.

Why does Michael want to starve Terri? Here is the answer from Michael's brother:

"Because he's sticking by what he promised," Scott Schiavo, Michael's brother, said in a recent interview. "He wants to honor the last thing he can give to her."

Excuse me? "Because he's sticking by what he promised"? What about his promise to stay faithful thru sickness and health, for better, for worse? How about honoring that?

Why does Michael insist on cremating Terri immediately after her death, without an autopsy, and without honoring her Catholic beliefs?

Why does Michael refuse to allow last communion to Terri? Was that one of Terri's promises? I don't think so.

Why does Michael refuse to allow comfort to Terri thru the dying process? Why can't she have all her family present, why can't she have ice chips, why can't she have soothing music in her room?

Why does Michael insist on making Terri's death as unpleasant and mean as possible? How is that honoring Terri's wishes?

Reba said:
Why does Michael want to starve Terri? Here is the answer from Michael's brother:

"Because he's sticking by what he promised," Scott Schiavo, Michael's brother, said in a recent interview. "He wants to honor the last thing he can give to her."

Excuse me? "Because he's sticking by what he promised"? What about his promise to stay faithful thru sickness and health, for better, for worse? How about honoring that?

Why does Michael insist on cremating Terri immediately after her death, without an autopsy, and without honoring her Catholic beliefs?

Why does Michael refuse to allow last communion to Terri? Was that one of Terri's promises? I don't think so.

Why does Michael refuse to allow comfort to Terri thru the dying process? Why can't she have all her family present, why can't she have ice chips, why can't she have soothing music in her room?

Why does Michael insist on making Terri's death as unpleasant and mean as possible? How is that honoring Terri's wishes?
Rarely do we see eye-to-eye, Reba, and I am so sorry it HURTS to do it this time. There is SOMETHING WRONG here, and I wish I was skillful enough with words to express my misgivings. I fear that this whole sordid affair is just a beginning of something worse. I hope to goodness I am wrong. We are supposed to be a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, and it makes me nervous that we find ourselves to be a government of the judges, by the judges, and for the judges. Perhaps I ought to re-examine my whole being, living in a democracy.
I am done with this.
I am FURIOUS and I need to calm down.

Beowulf said:
... We are supposed to be a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, and it makes me nervous that we find ourselves to be a government of the judges, by the judges, and for the judges. ..
We can vote out Presidents and Congressmen.
We can't vote out judges.

Steel said:
while it's true that she is disabled, but what's more than disabled is that her brain no longer funtions and can not chew and shallow solid foods on her own and would only get the food through the feeding tube into her stomach so while she is brain dead, she doesn't even know what is going on and have serious lack of communication.

I mean, c'mon...would you like someone like that to care of for the rest of your life?

if you have a baby that was born with no brain or skull (even though it rarely happens) would you still take care of the baby even though it's "not really there"?
would you rather take abortion of this baby with no brain or just take care of it, no matter what?

I know this is a big and confusing situation, but you know the old saying...just follow your heart and know what's best.

nobody is trying to kill terri and she've been that way long enough and she is still the same ever since her heart stopped for afew mintues and then continued beating, and thats when her brain got serious damage. if your heart stops, then the oxygen and engery to your brain stops as well, and would cause major problems. but when your heart beats again, your brain will never work again like before. It's pretty creepy.

Actually, I always believe that taking care of beloved ones who are disabled, even if it is for life, is the most noblest gesture and shows a pure love and compassion toward those less fortunate than us. (Also a great teaching opportunity for kids to learn compassion, too!)

I don't know how religious you are, but think about it:

What if God were to come down and toldto the people, "What I need is someone who is willing to take on a challenge I'm about to give you, so you can prove me that you are willing to do anything I ask of you>"

We raised our arms excitedly and say "Oooh, a challenge? Yes, we're willing to take on any challange you can give us!"

"Excellent," said God, "Now you take my child in and love and care for him as long as you live. See if you can prove me that you will do it!" And he held out a crippled baby with twisted legs and arms and a vacant look in his eyes.

We take one look at the tiny baby. "As long as we live?" we squeaked. "Aw, it's too time-consuming! We're too busy and have too many important things we need to pay attention to them first. Sorry, but we'll just turn down your challenge and be on our way!" One by one each of us chickened out and scurried away until one woman was the only one standing. This big-hearted lady said bravely, "I will take him in and care of him as long as I live."

"Wonderful! In this case, this baby will be yours forever and ever, and in the next life your child will rise to bless you with great blessings worthy of a loving parent!" Then God added: "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my children, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40, with a slight change on one word)

Sorry about this religious-themed little story I had just typed, lol. ^_^;; It's just that even though it may seem difficult (and requires a lot of patience too) caring for a handicapped child, in the next life we will find out it is actually a blessing, not a curse! See, we are constantly facing one challenge after another as we wander down the path to the end of our lives...it's all in how we are willing to show we are capable of taking on challenges.

Also, it always bothered me that people complain and consider it burdensome to tend for those unable to take care of themselves. Life on the Earth is too short to gripe about the severely handicapped people. They need us after all!

^^^ I find it funny how some poeple make up stories to try to make people feel bad to win your case.

most of you people have no say in this.

have you ever met her
have you ever spoke to her
have you ever touched her

if not, then you have no say in my opinion.

anyway - just in case this ever happens to me, i want to post in a public board so that my parents cant say otherwise - if i end up like her, PULL MY DAMN TUBE.

and btw, that story sounds made up. think about how its worded and how politics work - do you think bush tells the truth all the time? who says she does too.

to each his\her own.

Heh...I am just telling a little story (in my own words - and a little quote from Bible, of course) to make people think about what would God have wanted them to do and how they should treat each other while they are still living on Earth. (That is, if anyone is religious).

Of course we haven't seen Terri in person - even if we are in Florida - because Michael refused visitors anyway. : P And well yes, of course it is entirely up to people to make their own decisions. (Even to have their feeding tube pulled out too, if they wish...although I doubt they'll find starving very pleasant. :/ )

Toonces said:
Of course we haven't seen Terri in person - even if we are in Florida - because Michael refused visitors anyway. : P And well yes, of course it is entirely up to people to make their own decisions. (Even to have their feeding tube pulled out too, if they wish...although I doubt they'll find starving very pleasant. :/ )

You know what? My dad told us today that we are going in Florida on Tuesday where Terri is at now in a nurse home, I asked him, Can we visit her? He said I don't think that possible because they wouldn't allow any visitors. But, We are going to tried to talk to the cop by the doorway and asked him if it would be ok if we just go in and give Terri a hug, and that we are from Ohio, wanted to say goodbye to Terri. But, we will see if we can get in. Let you know when we return. ;)

Cheri said:
You know what? My dad told us today that we are going in Florida on Tuesday where Terri is at now in a nurse home, I asked him, Can we visit her? He said I don't think that possible because they wouldn't allow any visitors. But, We are going to tried to talk to the cop by the doorway and asked him if it would be ok if we just go in and give Terri a hug, and that we are from Ohio, wanted to say goodbye to Terri. But, we will see if we can get in. Let you know when we return. ;)

Wow...cool. If they do let you go inside to say goodbye to Terri, you can let us know all about it. Good luck! :)

Reba said:

Reba, Just wanted to say thanks for pointing that out. I personally am very confused about this entire issue. Had I told a spouse that I didn't want to live like that, I'd hope that the plug (for me) would have been pulled a long time ago. At first, I thought the husband was doing the right thing and respecting his wife's wishes. Then other things come to light, such as your post, where he isn't honoring her wishes at all. I'm troubled by that. I'm also troubled by the inhumane way this whole process occurs.

Cheri said:
i hope that u can make it!!!! :fingersx:

Cheri said:

im sorry Cheri but i personally do not think u would make it past the security that is out front of the nursing home where Terri is

Fly Free said:
im sorry Cheri but i personally do not think u would make it past the security that is out front of the nursing home where Terri is

It would not hurt to try. That's what I am going to do give it a try and see. :)

Reba said:

:gpost: Well said there Reba :thumb: , keep going girl LOL

Fly Free said:

True, but if we can find a huge wooden log and have a few others hold it along with us and count to 3 then run passed the polices , to the door and hit it open, then we're in LOL

If you see two blondes girls get arrest on the news, then you know it's us ;)

Back