So Lucky....to be alive.

All over a few dollars. What the real reason they kept chasing him was probably respect. They felt he disrespected them by not complying. Your son is a bright guy. Ask him if they were wearing gang colors.

To RR and Shel90, hugs and prayers from me.

Many thks....and I was thinking the same thing about "gang colors"....It seems the guy who chased my son was the only one who had a gun....

:jaw: Oh, my! I'm so glad that your son is alright. I hope he stays safe, and that justice is done in his case. I'm sure you hugged, hugged, hugged him. :hug:

Many thanks...and yes, I sure did (hug him)...he just shrugs it off...(as all young men do!)....:giggle:

I am really sorry about what happened to your son, RR. I hope they find the other three also.

Hopefully the guy will give up the other 3's names....they need to be taken off the street....But I doubt this happening....as far as we know now...no one is coming forward about it.

Yes, your son was lucky!! I feel for those that carry a big amount of money. I ask for cash when I sell bikes. Therefore people may have to carry $50 or $100 when buying from me. Luckily my area is safe. If it was bad, then that would be a different story. I would not be able to sell anything to people that carried big amount of money.

Our area (where we live) is safe also...the basketball court was around 1 mile away....and I'm thinking this more than likely has happened before...no one reported it.

Oh no. I pray that you all are safe. Glad your son is OK. i think your son IS so brave to fight back with the crazy guy. :shock:

you all are in my thoughts.

Thanks, FF...and yes, he is brave and won't be bullied....but whenever there is a gun involved, feel he should have just thrown his wallet down and let them have it....Luckily he was able to escape and not get shot.

Wow Robin, I am so sorry to hear he had this experience, and so glad you still have him!

My daughter is also very lucky to be alive also. She was rushed to the ER Sunday night and they thought she had fluid around her ovary. When they opened her up, they found so much pus and it was discovered that her appendix ruptured 2 weeks before and she ended up with a major infection. Her kidneys and ovary were badly infected. She is still in the hospital fighting the infection but expected to make a full recovery. If she had waited a few more days, the outcome could have been different. I was so sick with worry and fear on Monday.

Wow Shel, that sounds terrifying. I had no idea you could have a ruptured appendix and not know it. I thought the muscles in the surrounding area contracted to the point of un-ignorable pain. Shows how much I know. Anyway, so glad she got to the hospital when she did and that her prognosis looks good.

OMG robin that awful,how old is he?you must be feeling like jelly,So glad all is ok and these less than human trash get full force of law.

I am very glad he got out of it OK.

I am so surprised to read that his Social Security Card was in his wallet! It has been suggested for years that it NOT be carried unless going to something like a job interview where it is known that you will have to show it that day. It has too much use in identity theft.

HEY RR, wow...I'm sorry for this to happen!! But what count the most is your son still alive and ok!! Whew...

I would still insist just simply give up the wallet than fighting over even I'm 3rd degree black belt but there are more men out there looking after the guy who asked for the wallet... 3 or 4 against one? or maybe they have guns also... forget it.. just give up the wallet!!

RR I'm so glad that the guy was a bad aim and didn't get your son. And I'm glad that your son was a GOOD aim and got the guy pretty good. Sounds like he must have broken the guy's nose if the result was two swollen eyes!! :D I bet that is what hindered him from getting away - the pain is excruciating and you can't see!

At this point I think he probably learned his lesson about not giving up the wallet. I wouldn't mention it. Instead, when he is feeling up to it, I'd ask him how he would handle it differently if it were to happen again. Let HIM be the one to say that he would hand over the wallet... ;)

My son went through something very similar. The difference was there was no guns, HIS nose was broken because they tapped him on the back and when he turned around they smashed him in the face and knocked him out - AND they got the wallet. I'm sure they found his ID that said he was a member of the local Police Dept.

His girlfriend was also beat up, it took three guys over 6'3" to beat up kids (age 18).

So being that the girl (who is also a member of the PD) and witnesses called 911, 7 police cars and a helicopter arrived.

They caught the guy but he had an alibi...

Shel, I hope that your daughter has a speedy recovery. It's sad that things got so infected but luckily it was caught in time. She has her life and we are all thankful for that. :)

I just found some links to get a new SS # on line, I would never one of those links, there is no way to know if the real deal or not.
That's why I use ssa.gov, the official government link.

That's why I use ssa.gov, the official government link.

I use that too, but I am sure some people use the other links . I will sometime get mail that looks like it come from the government , I have a special place to file it , in my recycle trash.

I'm glad you son wasn't hurt.

I've read about people keeping a second wallet with a few bucks in it to give up in these situations.

RR OMG I'm so, so sorry this happened. Relieved to know your son is OK. I would be so upset because they know where you live now. It is awful when one does not feel safe in their own home. Please be careful!!!!

Shel...glad your daughter is getting better.

When one's family is involved in such an event with potential of serious problems-does make one want to "thank God" not more happened=eg serious beating/death etc.

Back