smallest hard disk

Gonji

Reaction score
Japanese electronics giant Toshiba shows mockup of its 0.85 inch hard disk drive, measuring 24mm (0.96 inches) in width, 32 mm(1.28 inches) in length and 3-5 mm (0.12-0.2 inches) in thickness and weighing less than 10 grams, in the photo released Tuesday, March 16, 2004. According to Toshiba Corp., Tuesday, the hard disk, with a capacity of 2 to 4 gigabytes, will be recognized as the smallest one in the world by the new 2005 Guinness Book of World Records, which will be issued in September. (APPhoto/Toshiba Corp., HO)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040317/lthumb.tok11003170748.japan_toshiba_tok110.jpg

Wow! That is *TINY*!!! It makes me wonder how much smaller they could make in the near future?

Deaf258 said:
Wow! That is *TINY*!!! It makes me wonder how much smaller they could make in the near future?

Maybe smaller that you can insert one through a needle's eye.

:eek: Amazing! Imagine being able to play Unreal Tournament 2004 from your wallet! Hehehe!

damn.. things are changing from bigg stuff to small stuff now makes me wonder what will happen 50 years from now :roll:

funnycat78 said:
damn.. things are changing from bigg stuff to small stuff now makes me wonder what will happen 50 years from now :roll:
50 years from now.. all woman's titties will be small.. all men's cock will be small sad isn't it?

Geez.. everything is getting so small.. last christmas is famous for selling smallest Radio Control cars.. have u seen it? its soooo TINY!

ROFL SUBBIE! HAHHAHAHAHAHAAH I for one say remmy this, its not abt the looks, it's abt if it can work and is good way to know, sometimes smaller doesn't always work, check its own reliablitity.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
50 years from now.. all woman's titties will be small.. all men's cock will be small sad isn't it?

:rofl: ppffty.. I doubt that the mostly geez.. u want a gf that have small tit? lol sorry if I go off topic :P

Maybe with Mircosoft's next Xbox console coming, they said it would be in smaller size, but might not have the hard disk included but if this one does come with the next Xbox, then...nothing shall defeat Mircosoft's gamin' business! :P

LUNZ said:

Wanna me to call Japanese to make a T I N Y pacemaker for your heart, so you won't be *thuddin'* again ? :laugh2: (Jokin' ... lol)

CyberRed said:
Wanna me to call Japanese to make a T I N Y pacemaker for your heart, so you won't be *thuddin'* again ? :laugh2: (Jokin' ... lol)
:P :booty:

That is small in physical size. My first Hard Drive was a whopping 40MB (Not GB) And, it was too big for DOS 3.3 to see as a single drive.

That Hard Drive is cute, but I don't feel that they are as reliable as non-volitile memory. You drop a Compact Flash Disk, and it still works. Drop a hard drive and you can cause some severe damage.

The picture was just a mock-up of what the real one will look like.

prostock19 said:
That is small in physical size. My first Hard Drive was a whopping 40MB (Not GB) And, it was too big for DOS 3.3 to see as a single drive.

That Hard Drive is cute, but I don't feel that they are as reliable as non-volitile memory. You drop a Compact Flash Disk, and it still works. Drop a hard drive and you can cause some severe damage.
Welcome back!

Yes, my first laptop contained 25MB and ran Windows 3.1... old! Heh! I still have that laptop though. Sometimes, I wouldn't mind running Windows 3.1 from a CD just to see how it runs on this computer. I remember in the old days when 25MB was considered a lot of memory. Now, it's a quarter compared to thousands of dollars today. :crazy:

Back