Silliest gossip about you

Gossips/Rumors are always a thing that is in our human nature to thrive on whether we realize it or not. It is part of how we fuel the information to be passed on to others. Of course it doesn't mean that we all have to do this or that.

The thing is, When you are becoming a familiar person in a community (whether it's deaf, spanish, politic, etc), the words will be flying out before you know it. It's like, When you become aware, there will always be one or more person trying to bring you down to the bottom. That reminds me of the crab syndrome.

As for me, I've had gossips or rumors that were passed around. Sure, some of it were hurtful but does it mean that it was always the rightful thing to do so? No, it doesn't condone anything. Most of the time, I'd normally move on and ignore it just because I know what I did, not what others did. If you know the truth to yourself, then you are the only one that knows it, nobody else.

Question to all of u...

Have any of you been guilty of gossiping about others from time to time?

I admit that I am guilty of it from time to time especially at work. :whistle: However, the kind of gossip I get into are never the kinds that can really hurt someone's feelings or to reveal someone's personal or private secrets.

I admit that I am guilty of it from time to time especially at work. :whistle: However, the kind of gossip I get into are never the kinds that can really hurt someone's feelings or to reveal someone's personal or private secrets.

Yes I am guilty of it.. but only in good ways like u.. like guess what my friend will get married but nothing like bad stuffs. I stay out of it as I dont want to get involved as it is not my business. I try to be good angel. :angel:

Of course everyone gossip, I know I'm guilty of that too, most of the time I vent out about people that bugs the hell out of me, and I'm not afraid to say it to their face either. ;)

Of course, the only time when I get really pissed at is when someone made anything up just for the hell of it... just trying to make me to look bad for an apparently no reason. It doesn't mean that I am gossiper or whatsoever other people think that I am...in fact, they are the ones who start their own gossiping and THAT gossip is not necessary to bring people some troubles. They need to grow up sometimes and learn to quit gossiping ... be nice and show their true friendship!

I had my own reason to pissed off at by talking about their BS.

Some people got around to thinking I was gay because I have some gay and lesbian friends. Ridiculous.

I've had announcements come back as something twisted. When I told my friends I was in preparation to receive a CI, a friend emailed me 3 days later wanting to know how I ended up getting a "seeing eye" procedure.

A couple silly gossip I've heard about myself was...

"He's gay because he has gay friends!"

(Because of this rumor, I've had some women refuse to date me.)

... and ...

"He's anti-gay because he doesn't like when gay people talk about their sex lives!"

(Because of this rumor, I have had some deaf GLBT people gang up on me and yell at me about it.)

Of course everyone gossip..
but I don't.. just don't. not "just for hell of it" either. I have better things to do.

as for me, silliest rumor - she is lesbo! she is lesbo!. that was at high school, we all girls had to dorm together. that is why I think this is sillest one. how can people blame at them those decisions they didn't make? I have plenty more but they're nothing to me now.

I, myself have zero respect and tolerance for backstabbers and rude people. once one of my 'friends' believes foriegn words over my actions, they're off my golden list. instantly. however, I don't call everyone a friend anymore.

am I taking this too serious? :B

Too many ridiculous rumors about me that I wont go into mentioning them here :giggle: I seem to be misunderstood often.

But yes there was one real tragic rumor - that my deaf brother was dead - everyone started calling me and I was shocked only to find out that it was a rumor. Yikes!!!!

Last silliest gossip, last April...

That boy I was somewhat interested, all of sudden, his ex-gf accused me for dating his bf and made up about what horrible exprience story about her bf abused her and blah blah. I didn't buy it anyway. In fact, I never date him yet, we were only on friend 'date' as we just tried to get know each other. We ignored her and later, in summer, I began to lost an interest for him. I couragely told him the truth, all of sudden, he accused me for cheating on him! Oh, dear!

Even he accused me for bring my "boyfriend" to the hotel on my 21st birthday. In other fact, I did not bring any boy to hotel, I only inveinted (sp) three of my girl friends. DUMB and CLUELESS...

Today, he still called me a "cheater" because I just lost an interest in him. :roll:

EDIT: "blah blah; a gossip began to pass on to some people that his ex-gf know." and "...21st birthday. A minor gossip about I 'have' a boyfriend after I dropped our friend date."

Sorry for confusion. Now it made better and clear.

I grew up in the deaf community...my parents were deaf.. my mother always lied about other deafies.. i went with her to the deaf club every weekends... saw her lying to deafies what deafies had visited us... When I got home... i told her that no deafies had visited us for long time... why she lied about other deafies... she stayed quiet...
Then i graduated and got married... i stayed away from my mother.. she always caused me lots of troubles.. I kept telling her i am not interested in her lies about other deafies... so there were more rumors about me .. Guess who started the rumors?? my mother...
Thats how i never believe any kinds of rumors what i heard.. I just shrugged.. tell them GO TO HELL. you are not my friend if you believe any rumor about me...then STAY AWAY FROM ME...

The rumors about me had stopped after my mother passed away...

Wow, my mom never do that to me... I'm so sorry how she mistreated you like that. My opinion, it's so wrong to make up a thing about you. It's not good role as being parent. At the least, you don't have to worry about those rumors. :) :hug:

At work I have been gay straight and bisexual. I find this hilarious that people will come up with this stuff out of their ass all based on a haircut. As for myself if people want me to be gay, straight, or into monkeys, I am happy for whatever people project over onto me. Its all lunacy and nothing more.

I detest gossip and most of my friends will tell you that the one thing about me is that I do not get involved in gossiping - I"m a "give me the facts, straight from the horse's mouth" kind of person.

There is a rumor about me right now spreading in my old hometown- I am getting married! I was shocked because everyone forgot to tell one person about it - ME! Don't you think I should know if I'm getting married or not?

In my new hometown, the rumor is I'm a lesbian because I had the gall to turn down some dates. When I tried to explain to people that I'm just not ready to date, especially after a horrible marriage and divorce, they look at me like I'm lying or exaggerating. Geez.

There is a rumor about me killed few guys in my career.

It does not surprise me at all. The Deaf communities across the world are well-known for spreading and twisting ridiculous gossips about leaders and members. Evenly it includes Deaf blogs, vlogs and forums unfortunately. Those gossips have turned me off and I have simply chosen to ignore them.

It does not surprise me at all. The Deaf communities across the world are well-known for spreading and twisting ridiculous gossips about leaders and members. Evenly it includes Deaf blogs, vlogs and forums unfortunately. Those gossips have turned me off and I have simply chosen to ignore them.

The hearing community does that too. Look at all the rumors about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewisky. Now, that's BAD!!!!

The hearing community does that too. Look at all the rumors about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewisky. Now, that's BAD!!!!
but deaf world is the SMALLEST. I mean.. everyone knows everyone everywhere and I really don't know stewart, spears or clinton lol.

but deaf world is the SMALLEST. I mean.. everyone knows everyone everywhere and I really don't know stewart, spears or clinton lol.

That's why I keep my nose clean. :D

I've heard a lot of gossip going around behind my back too. In a way, it helps me determine who my friends really are and what kind of people they are.

If I hear something from someone else, I don't immediately take it as a fact. I will just nod and move on. I will eventually find out more, whether it's true or a lie. I also don't try getting myself involved in the situation since it doesn't involve me, so I try to keep a neutral position.

"OMG! That bitch! Last night, she left my party to go have sex with this guy she met!" She heard it from someone she hates and isn't even friends with. The truth? That woman who left actually left the party because she was getting a headache and had to get up in the morning for a meeting of some kind. I saw her myself, so I know what really happened. When I asked the other woman why she thinks her story is true. She said it was because she heard it from someone else first.

It has happened to me several times. It was most common with my ex-girlfriend. She was always getting these false ideas from her other friends. She would approach me and accuse me of wanting an open relationship, of having an affair with someone else, of not loving her enough, etc. It sorta made me mad at her friends for doing that to her. (I later found out that her friends were actually giving her their opinions based on what she told them... lies from her point of view.) :roll:

We're apart now. I'm glad we're apart. She still hasn't learn to accept the fact that she's been lying her whole life and doubt she will have a wonderful future if she can't stop living her life of gossip and live a life of truth.

Oh lord, that brought back some old memories! LOL *sorry off point

Back