Should We Refuse the Bailout for the BIG 3?

Should We Refuse the Bailout for the Big 3?

• 1. Refuse the bailout for them!

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • 2. Yes to bailout for them!

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 3. Not so sure?!

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is! :laugh2:

I'm still trying to get used to the heated seats to keep my tooshie warm!

Hahaha! Yeah, they feel weird when I sat on the seat of a 2001 VW Passat with heated seats.

Not anymore i don't :)

VW is not a bad car but I traded mine for another German car.

Nice car!

That s my pt is that US automakers should go back their draw board and stop making sh*t cars.

Nice car!

That s my pt is that US automakers should go back their draw board and stop making sh*t cars.

I agree! The ironic thing that Apple makes pretty good products and it is designed here in the US, specifically California. They design it here but they produce it in China or wherever.

Hmmm, that makes me think that they will build factories in China and sell American cars in the US?

I disagree the idea of bail out, reason? It will only delay the inevitable (Banikruptcy) and if we did bail out and they bankrupt, we all lose and it will be much worse than allow them file bankruptcv in the first place.

The problem is that even though the Union contracts last til 2012, and if automaker need to lay them off, then they are reqired to pay them regardless! I don't see any way out for automaker except bankruptcy court where they have power to cancel the union contract and abolish the unions. Unions = lower quality. Unions don't care about quality because they get paid, Union dont care about quality, they are protected from being fired if they did shoddy job.

On other hand, I find interesting, those japanse car plants in the USA fare far better than American car maker, they are NON-Unionized! No unions, yet makes better cars, it is no brainer, go figure!

Even though execs may make more money than Japanese, any million dollars different won't make any difference if you do a math, for every dime in pay raise for each employees cost company way over million dollars in just a year alone! So, this is to say, if we give each employee a dollar pay raise, then executive stand to lose over 10 million dollars. Then will a dollar raise in each employee help? I don't think so!

Its all unions that I am blaming on!

Those Unions never learn lesson, here is history, thanks to Union for destroying several steel companies. Speaking of where I was raised, there was 27 steel companies, all of them are unionized. That was during 70's, right now how many left? Seriously only 3! Over years, Unions have fought hard to get more money for all employees, resulting 24 Steel companies either gone bankruptcy or moved overseas for cheaper labor.

From my experience, Union is really a virus to any companies!

I voted yes that we should refuse to bail out the Big Three because I think they should file for bankruptcy protection.

How are the Japanese car makers in US are doing well while the Big Three are struggling? I read some news articles which pointed to bad management styles and poor quality of cars that the Big Three have suffered.

I didn't read the whole thread after this one, BUT I agree with THIS!

Bailout on 3 big companies are loan, not free money and they would have to pay back as well.

I have disagree with some of posts but rather not to discuss to prevent any possibly endless debate since I don't have any much time.

Beside of greedy and union, all of 3 big companies are deserves to get loan to support our economy, if not then we could be in very deeper recession and decline of manufacturing job, Everyone has different tastes on American cars and they are awesome to me, I believe that they can have any chance to change their mistake since bailout is actually loan, their market need to be fixed since they have own market in different countries to make more expensive to work in area and union need to be balanced with wage, union does help us into higher standard of living instead of companies take all money and union need to be balanced, can't pay like king, that's just my views.

I know Asian automakers have almost same market for many other countries, except for SUV (Pilot), Honda don't carry SUV to UK but they did in USA and for union, I have get question with friend that know about Asian automakers are unionized or not, maybe not in all factories.

Republicans has been control in congress for very long time until democrat tookover in 2006 and they loosen the financial regulation in late 90's or early 00's for bank, credit and mortgage, now, they are screw up and American companies could be part of it due increase more greedy and unstable financial.

I think loan has regulation, it would be need something to meet requirement for 3 big companies.

Check out this video to make ensure on your support or against for bailout (loan) on big 3 companies.
[yt]72cHfOKoA1c[/yt]

I have been keeping tabs on this story and am not amused or think these executives are being very humble in asking (actually demanding) for money or else.

When they waive off their salaries for only $1 per year (they've just done this) and not take any stock options and only live on that $1 per year, then I'll be interested in hearing what they have to say. These Big 3 have been way too big for way too long and taken salaries that no one else would be able to do.

The funny part is that they all drive (separately) back to D.C. in hybrid vehicles to ask for more money than they did a few weeks prior!

What part of "NO" don't they understand?

Maybe they're still waiting for the Amish CEO to arrive.
clip clop clip clop :P

I have been keeping tabs on this story and am not amused or think these executives are being very humble in asking (actually demanding) for money or else.

When they waive off their salaries for only $1 per year (they've just done this) and not take any stock options and only live on that $1 per year, then I'll be interested in hearing what they have to say. These Big 3 have been way too big for way too long and taken salaries that no one else would be able to do.

The funny part is that they all drive (separately) back to D.C. in hybrid vehicles to ask for more money than they did a few weeks prior!

What part of "NO" don't they understand?

You don't understand about how economy works, look at this video.

Unfortunately, $25-$34 billions bailout (loan) will be very possibly to pass by congress.

You don't understand about how economy works . . .

Are you an economist? The law of supply and demand and production possibilities show what's due to be run for this country. This is only three companies that have squandored their money and, like the five foolish virgins story in the Bible, they were not prepared. Unfortunately, there are a lot of jobs at stake. My sympathies, really. But, I don't agree with government handouts when these companies will pay those CEO's millions a few weeks after they get bailed out (if that occurs). Hopefully, they will NOT be bailed out any time soon. They will have to use what money they do have and work with it. Works for me!

thank you! to those who support-- we are a gm family and things are scary right now!

Last edited:
Are you an economist? The law of supply and demand and production possibilities show what's due to be run for this country. This is only three companies that have squandored their money and, like the five foolish virgins story in the Bible, they were not prepared. Unfortunately, there are a lot of jobs at stake. My sympathies, really. But, I don't agree with government handouts when these companies will pay those CEO's millions a few weeks after they get bailed out (if that occurs). Hopefully, they will NOT be bailed out any time soon. They will have to use what money they do have and work with it. Works for me!

They has learn their hard lesson, even damage has done and our economic are very bad now, not all of their fault to cause like that and there's alot of problem with credit companies and bank, it has hurt all of 3 companies.

I'm not economist but do study on some of them, I had alot of share from my friend that who is economist.

Sorry, without doubt, it will pass by congress, they care about our economic, regardless on democrat or republican, also remember, this bailout has regulation and you shouldn't pay their mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back