Should We Refuse the Bailout for the BIG 3?

Should We Refuse the Bailout for the Big 3?

• 1. Refuse the bailout for them!

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • 2. Yes to bailout for them!

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 3. Not so sure?!

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't you say it was a Honda car? I'm saying that more people buy Japanese hybrid cars than American hybrid cars. By making a hybrid cars - it requires MORE parts thus making car heavier and more prone to malfunction. Gas-sipping (high gas efficient) car are lighter and simpler.

We can't just give up on the electric cars and simply stick with the gas which pollutize our earth-base home, if Japan success invented a good car that can get along with the gas car, why not we create them just like Japan?

What do you think about this?

no no. you're misunderstanding me. Honda Pilot is exactly same as sold in any countries that sell it. But my guess that Honda Pilot is not sold in UK is because of its size.

Only Pilot is sold in 3 countries, US, Russia and Ukraine, I think so far.

Big 3 companies probably have different business role over Japanese or European auto companies.

We can't just give up on the electric cars and simply stick with the gas which pollutize our earth-base home, if Japan success invented a good car that can get along with the gas car, why not we create them just like Japan?

What do you think about this?

America is a very practical country. Our country is widespread and huge. People need power to tow and to carry stuff in large bulk. Japan is so tiny that you do not even need a car. Unitl hybrid technology is cheap, lighter, and sufficient... America will adopt it.

Different needs, Different tools.

Only Pilot is sold in 3 countries, US, Russia and Ukraine, I think so far.

Big 3 companies probably have different business role over Japanese or European auto companies.

that's right. Big 3 sells completely different models in UK, Australia, and America.

that's right. Big 3 sells completely different models in UK, Australia, and America.

Some of model could be similar to US, some are same name.

Countries have different regulation and laws for energy, fuel, etc.

America is a very practical country. Our country is widespread and huge. People need power to tow and to carry stuff in large bulk. Japan is so tiny that you do not even need a car. Unitl hybrid technology is cheap, lighter, and sufficient... America will adopt it.

Different needs, Different tools.

Yup exactly! We just look in other country, and we make it even better :)

Some of model could be similar to US, some are same name.

Countries have different regulation and laws for energy, fuel, etc.

I read an article from while back about comparison of Big 3 business model and Japanese car manufacturers. I'll have to find it....

For now - read this if you like - Why Toyota Is Beating Ford

Yup exactly! We just look in other country, and we make it even better :)
Yes but just because it works in Japan doesn't mean it'll work in America. That's why I said - "Different needs, Different tools."

I read an article from while back about comparison of Big 3 business model and Japanese car manufacturers. I'll have to find it....

For now - read this if you like - Why Toyota Is Beating Ford

Yes but just because it works in Japan doesn't mean it'll work in America. That's why I said - "Different needs, Different tools."

There's partly reason because skyrocket of oil price in 2003-2008 are caused big 3 companies to suffer so hard, they would have any chance to improve.

For me, I love American car so more than foreign car.

There's partly reason because skyrocket of oil price in 2003-2008 are caused big 3 companies to suffer so hard, they would have any chance to improve.

For me, I love American car so more than foreign car.

skyrocketing oil price was a small dent. very small. the article i posted gives you a big picture. i'm trying to find another one. it explains about different business model.

Jiro--You seem to know so much about cars, I gonna take someone like you to a car dealership whenever I need a new car. :lol:

Japan have been selling the cars to America for hundred of years, and the American's cars remain open, why can't we just make it even better than Japan's cars? (no offensive to foreginer's cars) It's my opinion is that it's really stupid and silly to just let other country do everything for us instead of us, the America even though we are the richest single country of all.

Jiro--You seem to know so much about cars, I gonna take someone like you to a car dealership whenever I need a new car. :lol:

:laugh2: i know nothing when it comes to price negotiation but I know exactly what i want. right tool for right needs :cool2:

skyrocketing oil price was a small dent. very small. the article i posted gives you a big picture. i'm trying to find another one. it explains about different business model.

OK, when $25-$34 billions bailout is pass by congress then I hopefully they will work out, such as change in market, reduce of production on SUV to meet ratio on demand and supply and increase of fuel efficient vehicles, such as hybrid, increase mpg, fuel cell or somthing like that.

They would probably need change the business role and union need be change as well.

Japan have been selling the cars to America for hundred of years, and the American's cars remain open, why can't we just make it even better than Japan's cars? (no offensive to foreginer's cars) It's my opinion is that it's really stupid and silly to just let other country do everything for us instead of us, the America even though we are the richest single country of all.

well..... computers... clothes... tv... etc.... all are made in china, si? no difference for cars either. Japanese already figured out what we want but Big 3 are too dumb to figure it out. Their cars are SHODDY and EMBARRASSINGLY ugly. It's very obvious to why Big 3's failing.

OK, when $25-$34 billions bailout is pass by congress then I hopefully they will work out, such as change in market, reduce of production on SUV to meet ratio on demand and supply and increase of fuel efficient vehicles, such as hybrid, increase mpg, fuel cell or somthing like that.

They would probably need change the business role and union need be change as well.

the whole fuel efficiency debacle is hardly a reason for its downfall. It's their business model. Its health coverage and its supplier networks are bleeding them bad. so yes you're right - they need to change its business role

the whole fuel efficiency debacle is hardly a reason for its downfall. It's their business model. Its health coverage and its supplier networks are bleeding them bad. so yes you're right - they need to change its business role

You seems bashing on big 3 companies, I'm not going to continue to discuss.

It's obviously that they aren't your taste and keep bash on them, for me, if I dislike Japanese SUV then just don't buy it and don't bother to bash on their companies.

well..... computers... clothes... tv... etc.... all are made in china, si? no difference for cars either. Japanese already figured out what we want but Big 3 are too dumb to figure it out. Their cars are SHODDY and EMBARRASSINGLY ugly. It's very obvious to why Big 3's failing.

Then we can't just sitting with the ugly cars, we had to do something about it. Being dependency are the most embarrasingly even more than creating a ugly car.

You seems bashing on big 3 companies, I'm not going to continue to discuss.

It's obviously that they aren't your taste and keep bash on them, for me, if I dislike Japanese SUV then just don't buy it and don't bother to bash on their companies.

but you said it right out of your mouth. I'm bashing its management model. It's inefficient and greedy. I'm just explaining to you the bigger picture of Big 3's downfall. Don't get me wrong. I like Big 3's old models.... boy.... was that a good ole' time, eh? :cool2:

Then we can't just sitting with the ugly cars, we had to do something about it. Being dependency are the most embarrasingly even more than creating a ugly car.

it's not that we're being dependent. It's simply part of capitalism. If somebody makes a better product but cheap, that's what we'll pay for and so will you. American or Japanese... it's of no concern to me. I only want a nice reliable, cheap product. That's all I care.

Big 3 makes affordable cars but.... they're ugly as fuck. Why can't they make simple and attractive cars??? But their trucks are friggin' cool like F-150 :cool2:

but you said it right out of your mouth. I'm bashing its management model. It's inefficient and greedy. I'm just explaining to you the bigger picture of Big 3's downfall. Don't get me wrong. I like Big 3's old models.... boy.... was that a good ole' time, eh? :cool2:

You and I have different taste.

I like many of their existing model, it looks more sexier and better design than in 15 years ago, I dislike design of Mustang in prior to 1994, only post-1994, I love their design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back