Saints Row IV banned in Australia

I haven't killed anything in Animal Crossing: New Leaf yet.

Most games - you have to kill anyone, including Mario Bros series.

Animal Crossing? That's GREAT!!! Reba can buy this game or racing/sports games.

Most games - you have to kill anyone, including Mario Bros series.

Animal Crossing? That's GREAT!!! Reba can buy this game or racing/sports games.
No thanks. I don't have the time or money for playing video games. Besides, I sit on my butt too much as it is. (On-line classes require a lot of computer time.)

I like to use real bows and guns on targets but not on people. I use air-soft weapons for nuisance animals, to scare them away. The only critters I kill are snakes in my yard. Usually I dispatch them with a garden hoe. Even then, I try not to kill non-venemous ones (sometimes it's hard to tell).

No thanks. I don't have the time or money for playing video games. Besides, I sit on my butt too much as it is. (On-line classes require a lot of computer time.)

I like to use real bows and guns on targets but not on people. I use air-soft weapons for nuisance animals, to scare them away. The only critters I kill are snakes in my yard. Usually I dispatch them with a garden hoe. Even then, I try not to kill non-venemous ones (sometimes it's hard to tell).

That's ok, it is your ultimate decision.

At least, all games are rated so you will be informed.

That's ok, it is your ultimate decision.

At least, all games are rated so you will be informed.
Ratings and reviews are helpful for parents in the decision making process.

Not enough parents understand or care. Then you go to play a game online and encounter 11 year olds pouring out racist/homophobic abuse. Not pleasant!

There's also some kids who clearly aren't mature enough to be playing, like this one who cries as he gets killed in Call of Duty: Black Ops. (no captions)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w0TBA8Abd8]Little Kid Cries On Xbox Live (So Funny) LOL - YouTube[/ame]

Please forgive me for off topic. Reba, I should point out that those are some games are actually great for family and friends.

From Dust
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL-oTOjz5po]From Dust Demo PS3 (TFIT) - YouTube[/ame]

Popular Mario from Classic Nintendo games.

Big Brain Academy
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3-0w3bri8g]CGRundertow BIG BRAIN ACADEMY for Nintendo DS Video Game Review - YouTube[/ame]

The Magic School Bus: Oceans.

All above, they are less violence and more action. Some games are solely educational. I know there are not really many non-violence and educational games. But, it's so important to limit your kid's time, too.

EDIT: And those are some more games are for family and friends, too.

Please forgive me for off topic. Reba, I should point out that those are some games are actually great for family and friends...

All above, they are less violence and more action. Some games are solely educational. I know there are not really many non-violence and educational games. But, it's so important to limit your kid's time, too.

EDIT: And those are some more games are for family and friends, too.
Yes, I understand that. I'm sure there are very good games available. Even with the best games, I believe there needs to be time limits for kids sitting in front of computers and TVs.

Ratings and reviews are helpful for parents in the decision making process.

Yes, it save a lot of taxpayer's money for not establish the government-run rating board, such as National Software and Game Rating with president nomination on executive or commissioners. If game developers or publishers disagree with government so they have to resolved in the court.

Back in early 1990's, the congress had hearing on violence from video game due to lack of rating and they heavily encouraged game developers and publishers to form the rating board, also the congress told them - if they refuse so they will form the government-run rating board.

Unlike in Australia and Europe, ESRB doesn't have any rejection to rate the game, or mark as banned.

Some of my girl gamers from Steam. They love gore, blood, sex games because, they are emo girls and gothic girls. shrug...

That's fine. I don't have any problem, either. I like horror and survival genre, tho. :)

Still, that doesn't change the fact that a lot of video games provided objectivity on women and girls or to provide female characters being weak and defenseless all of the time. There are not really many strong female characters who are main characters -- for her own story.

Too long; don't read. In the short, there are soo many objectified ladies and weak little princesses in video games that bother female gamers.

Yes, I understand that. I'm sure there are very good games available. Even with the best games, I believe there needs to be time limits for kids sitting in front of computers and TVs.

Yes, they really should...

Too long; don't read. In the short, there are soo many objectified ladies and weak little princesses in video games that bother female gamers.

My favourite character in Gears of War is Bernie Mataki, who is a woman pushing 60 and still a badass frontline soldier. She's the best sniper they've got.

med_gears3Bernie-MP-Variant.jpg

It's down to the folks writing the games to come up with great characters. They really pulled out the stops for Gears 3, making several female characters playable at long last, and they were equal in ability to males.

I think the option should always be there. People pushed the team making Project Xenonauts to include female soldiers, even if the soldier graphics during battle look the same (under body armour and a helmet you can't really tell male from female) people wanted to know they could send both into battle.

Huh? The subjects played the games for 20 and 8 minutes, respectively. How does that prove anything about gamers who play for several hours per day, every day, for years? It doesn't show the cumulative affect on players, nor does it take into account how long-term playing keeps gamers from spending time in normal social interaction. Also, the subjects were random, so it doesn't show the affects on people who were prone to addictive playing.

Not an impressive "study."

Huh? The subjects played the games for 20 and 8 minutes, respectively. How does that prove anything about gamers who play for several hours per day, every day, for years? It doesn't show the cumulative affect on players, nor does it take into account how long-term playing keeps gamers from spending time in normal social interaction. Also, the subjects were random, so it doesn't show the affects on people who were prone to addictive playing.

Not an impressive "study."

You can believe what you want.

There isn't any fact about link the video game to violent - all studies are opinion.

You can believe what you want.

There isn't any fact about link the video game to violent - all studies are opinion.
I didn't say what I believe. I'm pointing out the flaws in the "study." It was too small in scale to prove anything.

I played Borderlands 2 for few hours yesterday and I have zero violent behavior, even no anti-social behavior.

Borderlands 2 is very violent game with full of explosive and gore.

Back