Road to 2008 World Series...

Naw Angel... root for TB!! LOL...

Will put up info regarding the Phillies and Rays on their WS appearances and more at a later time...

Yea, I was wrong....Phillies impressed me. They got better chance to win WS since they got Brad Lidge, not Mitch Williams. :cool2:

Whew, Red Sox beat Rays' Wheelers last night. Gotta be big game on Game 6 ahead or Rays do blast on Red Sox again?.

GO RED SOX!

Thats good thing abt Mitch isnt on our team!!

Yay!!

The Rays are in the World Series.

Go Rays beat the Phillys!!!

First WS game is 7PM this Wednesday!!

OK folks.. here the info for the Tampa Bay Rays and Philadelphia Phillies.. well it's a fact that TB and Philly will meet for the first time ever in the World Series, Philly do have one advantage over TB.. that is WS play and more...

Tampa Bay Rays: 1 American League Pennant, first ever World Series appearance....

Philadelphia Phillies: 6 Nationals League Pennants, 6 World Series appearances and the results....

1915 Boston Red Sox 4 @ Phil Phillies 1
1950 New York Yankees 4 @ Phil Phillies 0
1980 Phil Phillies 4 @ Kansas City Royals 2
1983 Baltimore Orioles 4 @ Phil Phillies 1
1993 Toronto Blue Jays 4 @ Phil Phillies 2
2008 Phil @ TB (results to be determined)

So Philly do have 1 World Series title, and could the Phillies finally bring another WS title or will the amazing and surprising Tampa Bay Rays break the Phillies' hearts and win their first ever WS title??

Game 1 Oct 22 @ Tampa Bay
Game 2 Oct 23 @ Tampa Bay
Game 3 Oct 25 @ Philadelphia
Game 4 Oct 26 @ Philadelphia
Game 5 Oct 27 @ Philadelphia * if necessary
Game 6 Oct 29 @ Tampa Bay *
Game 7 Oct 30 @ Tampa Bay *

So I will say this, I gonna root for Tampa Bay to win the World Series!! GO RAYS GO!!

OK folks.. here the info for the Tampa Bay Rays and Philadelphia Phillies.. well it's a fact that TB and Philly will meet for the first time ever in the World Series, Philly do have one advantage over TB.. that is WS play and more...

Tampa Bay Rays: 1 American League Pennant, first ever World Series appearance....

Philadelphia Phillies: 6 Nationals League Pennants, 6 World Series appearances and the results....

1915 Boston Red Sox 4 @ Phil Phillies 1
1950 New York Yankees 4 @ Phil Phillies 0
1980 Phil Phillies 4 @ Kansas City Royals 2
1983 Baltimore Orioles 4 @ Phil Phillies 1
1993 Toronto Blue Jays 4 @ Phil Phillies 2
2008 Phil @ TB (results to be determined)

So Philly do have 1 World Series title, and could the Phillies finally bring another WS title or will the amazing and surprising Tampa Bay Rays break the Phillies' hearts and win their first ever WS title??

Game 1 Oct 22 @ Tampa Bay
Game 2 Oct 23 @ Tampa Bay
Game 3 Oct 25 @ Philadelphia
Game 4 Oct 26 @ Philadelphia
Game 5 Oct 27 @ Philadelphia * if necessary
Game 6 Oct 29 @ Tampa Bay *
Game 7 Oct 30 @ Tampa Bay *

So I will say this, I gonna root for Tampa Bay to win the World Series!! GO RAYS GO!!

Awwww..... glad to know I'm not a lone supporter in this thread!
I think I'm gonna cry! Joy joy!! Lol

Thanks for the schedule Sharky.

Ya're welcome, Babyblue... and yeah I do think Tampa Bay would have a chance.. it might be a good series to watch ...

The WS schedule is for 7 pm CST (8 pm EST) so I would assume that the starting time most of the time... I bet Game 1 gonna be a bit longer to get started as there gonna be some introductions of players and managers and etc.. should be great to watch... if ya got other tv shows ya normally watch on that day, tape them!!! and watch later.. lol..

Thank you Boston Red Sox for a greast season!!! And cheer to Terry and Boston fans :wave:

I predicts Phillies to win the World Series, I would say 3-3 wins, poss. 4-2 wins, who knows. It is gonna be an awesome game!!! GO PHILLIES!!!

I do wonder if we will see Pete Rose again...:cool2: I never did forget 1980 World Series with the Phillies...I was in a grade school...What a memory!!!

Thank you Boston Red Sox for a greast season!!! And cheer to Terry and Boston fans :wave:

I predicts Phillies to win the World Series, I would say 3-3 wins, poss. 4-2 wins, who knows. It is gonna be an awesome game!!! GO PHILLIES!!!

I do wonder if we will see Pete Rose again...:cool2: I never did forget 1980 World Series with the Phillies...I was in a grade school...What a memory!!!

Ah you must hold alot of grudge against Tampa Bay for beating your beloved Red Sox so that is why you are rooting for the Phillies eh? :)

Ah you must hold alot of grudge against Tampa Bay for beating your beloved Red Sox so that is why you are rooting for the Phillies eh? :)

eh heh...maybe or maybe not :roll: Tampa Bay had many young players and I knew what to expect...I did expect that Saturday night's game was a surprise for us, Boston fans that they had won, but knew Tampa bay would win Sunday night's game...I did expected that Tampa Bay would win on Saturday night's game, but...All is well though as for Red Sox, they did won their last year World Series...

So now the reason I am rooting for the Phillies instead of Tampa Bay was because I was born and raised in the area around the Phillies all my life, and have gone to many Phillies games against the Braves...And don't ask me why I root for the Red Sox instead of the Phillies, I do have my reasons :D

As I see how the Phillies grew all season, I am giving them a chance to win this time...I will keep that Faith since the Phillies didn't in 1993...so now hear me... GO PHILLIES and we can do it!!! Yeah!!!:naughty: whether they are youngs or olds...

Think TB will win in 5 or 6 games.. but it could go all the way to 7 games... will watch and see!!

Back