Road to 2008 World Series...

Yeah Game 5 last night was something... I guess the MLB commish thought it might be wise to have a tied game suspended for the time being till it can be played with no problems tonite... if TB hadnt scored to tie the game and it ended up that Philly had the lead and it would be very very embarrassing to have that happen.. think about it, the TB organization would revolt and be upset if that happened to them... so best thing was to get the tying run scored and then suspend the game...

So Game 5 will go tonite but more rain coming in.. possible we will have to wait another day or so... the WS schedule could be pushed up more into November somehow... so best to be patient and wait see what happen...

Restless... ya do realize Tug is now dead? I would know as I have read his autobiography and he passed away as a result of a brain tumor in 2004...

We will see what happens if the game will contiune tonight. Weather do not look good here, since we do get snow, and later sleet...

Wow, I did really wasn't sure about Tug that he was dead or not. So he really is, I didn't know. I remember something, but wasn't sure...

He was on last night, with one of his TV show and I didn't know if it was present or the past TV show. Because a lot have gone last night with these craziness...they were bound one thing after another with past 1980 World Series and game being suspended. Wish I do hear all the conversation as you do know whether if it was present or the past with Tug...Mostly they had talked about the past World Series, bec fans do talked about it on the news with Tug's pitch. Everything was so FAST!!!! Not once they took one thing one at a time since we do live in an area where Phillies are at...I am not a Phillies fan, my brother is and he would have told me...He was upset enough as Farewell was...yes, about the umpires...

I stop being Phillies fan around 1982, and choose the Braves instead because of my father so yes I did miss everything after that. I am sorry for my mistake that I didn't know and wasn't too sure about Tug. But he did looked really good, a very, very handsome man on that TV show. I remember how we all looked in the 80's...God rest his soul...he was always one of my favorites in my early days...and Pete Rose also...

What about Pete Rose??? I do remember him real well...very handsome man also...

I still do like the Braves no matter what, but I am a Red Sox fan since 2004...

Good luck Rays...Go Phillies!!! Pray all is well with the game and all...We do feel for Rays, but I am really sorry that we are rooting for the Phillies...there are rarely Tampa Bay fans here, I will tell ya...Allentown is swarming with Phillies fans like fire ants :eek3: and you should have seen them...it was like as if they were drugged...like an obession you had never ever seen...Ask farewell about this...he will tell ya...it was one of the reason the polices were so worried last night, but after all it went smoothly and ppl were upset, tired, cold and very wet that they wanna go home...but they will come back tonight if the game is still on...

GO PHILLIES!!! Keep waving your pride!!!

Tousi, the weatherman predicts bad weather, winter setting in and the Commissioner has just agreed with me this morning that the game will be completed in the Philly Convention Center on Thanksgiving Day! :lol:

Yeah well...last night's game was something, was it??? Oh boy...I was talking to my brother through AIM during the game...We feel that we, Phillies are the umpires for the Tampa bay and the umpiries...jeeze...I could tell that Tampa Bay couldnt stand the chilly weather, even the rain!!! And umpires too...:roll:

We were getting really good, till we had a tie...I don't think Tampa Bay and the umpires could take it and they suspensed the game till tonight at 8 pm. So the game tonight will start with a tie, 2-2 at bottom of 6th inning...But guess what guys...it is snowing here where we are at, and down there in Philly, it may rain and pretty messy like last night...not good so we will see what happens if the game will go on tonight...but the problem is...Tampa Bay cannot go home to their home town, they must finish tonight right here in our home field because they did plan on having a parade tomorrow at 11 am if the Phillies win the World Series...it was already planned, even for next week too, but they decided that the game must go on here since the fans are holding their tickets for tonight's game...that is a tough choice to make, according to what the news people said last night on the news...

So farewell, hurry and buy the ticket off some fans, hee hee...maybe half price, or even a dollar haha...

Never seen a game like this one during the World Series...that is really something to talk about, huh?

I saw Tug Mcgaw, my goodness, he looks so good as ever. I remember 1980 World Series with Tug's pitch!!! Wow yeah it is ages and ages ago for me since I was in a grade school and my brother was in Kintergarden... Those ppl still remembers, yeah!!! But my brother didn't, he just heard about it, even from me :D

So guys, it is hammer and nails right now...so we will see what is gonna happen during the day till tonight...

GO PHILLIES!!!!!!! WE WILL SEE YA TONIGHT AND SEE YA ALL WIN!!!

How did u know abt Phillies' planning on parade on tmw at 11 am if they were won WS Champ last night? I dont see any info on Philly.com?

I wish I can attend WS Game 5 start with 6th inning bottom on tmw but nah cant afford to miss job so will go home for just parade

Tousi, the weatherman predicts bad weather, winter setting in and the Commissioner has just agreed with me this morning that the game will be completed in the Philly Convention Center on Thanksgiving Day! :lol:

geez, I just wanna they continue playing outside so Rays players can continue suffer on cold outside at Philly

Selig postponed game to tmw at 837 pm, fuck! I am still mad and hate Selig!

We will see what happens if the game will contiune tonight. Weather do not look good here, since we do get snow, and later sleet...

Wow, I did really wasn't sure about Tug that he was dead or not. So he really is, I didn't know. I remember something, but wasn't sure...

He was on last night, with one of his TV show and I didn't know if it was present or the past TV show. Because a lot have gone last night with these craziness...they were bound one thing after another with past 1980 World Series and game being suspended. Wish I do hear all the conversation as you do know whether if it was present or the past with Tug...Mostly they had talked about the past World Series, bec fans do talked about it on the news with Tug's pitch. Everything was so FAST!!!! Not once they took one thing one at a time since we do live in an area where Phillies are at...I am not a Phillies fan, my brother is and he would have told me...He was upset enough as Farewell was...yes, about the umpires...

I stop being Phillies fan around 1982, and choose the Braves instead because of my father so yes I did miss everything after that. I am sorry for my mistake that I didn't know and wasn't too sure about Tug. But he did looked really good, a very, very handsome man on that TV show. I remember how we all looked in the 80's...God rest his soul...he was always one of my favorites in my early days...and Pete Rose also...

What about Pete Rose??? I do remember him real well...very handsome man also...

I still do like the Braves no matter what, but I am a Red Sox fan since 2004...

Good luck Rays...Go Phillies!!! Pray all is well with the game and all...We do feel for Rays, but I am really sorry that we are rooting for the Phillies...there are rarely Tampa Bay fans here, I will tell ya...Allentown is swarming with Phillies fans like fire ants :eek3: and you should have seen them...it was like as if they were drugged...like an obession you had never ever seen...Ask farewell about this...he will tell ya...it was one of the reason the polices were so worried last night, but after all it went smoothly and ppl were upset, tired, cold and very wet that they wanna go home...but they will come back tonight if the game is still on...

GO PHILLIES!!! Keep waving your pride!!!

she is right, I did read article abt Rays' players' families come over to Philly for some WS games and they already scared all fans from Philly... Hello Rays? yall should know better Philly fans are #1 dangerous fans of any sports teams in any cities... Rays players and their families, welcome to Philly and I except yall go home immediatley

I found this article from TSN sports website.... here the article in quote...

World Series Game 5 postponed until Wednesday

The Sports Network

10/28/2008 2:20:36 PM

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - After rain caused the first suspended game in World Series history on Monday night, a wintry mix of snow and rain in the Philadelphia area on Tuesday caused the remainder of the game, scheduled to resume on Tuesday night, to be postponed until Wednesday night at 8:30pm et.

Major League Baseball made the call early, announcing the postponement just after 1:00 p.m. (et), after the confusion surrounding the decision to play on Monday despite poor weather in the forecast.

"While obviously we want to finish Game 5 as soon as possible, the forecast for today does not allow for us to continue the game this evening," MLB Commissioner Bud Selig said in a statement. "We are closely monitoring tomorrow's forecast and will continue to monitor the weather on an hourly basis. We will advise fans as soon as we are able to make any final decisions with respect to tomorrow's schedule."

The Phillies are up 3-1 in the best-of-seven series. A win would not only give the Phillies just their second-ever title and first since 1980, but it would also give the City of Brotherly Love its first championship of any kind since 1983, when the 76ers beat the Los Angeles Lakers for the NBA championship.

With the rain intensifying at Citizens Bank Park, the Rays rallied in the 6th inning to tie the Phillies in Game 5, just before rain forced the game to be suspended.

Carlos Pena, who had been held without a hit in the first four games, doubled and scored in the fourth inning, and delivered the tying RBI single in the sixth, lifting Tampa Bay to a 2-2 tie before the tarp covered the field prior to the bottom of the sixth.

A short time later, Selig announced the game would be suspended until there are proper playing conditions. After Tuesday's postponement, the hope is that the rain will clear and allow the Series to resume on Wednesday.

The forecast in the Philadelphia area calls for the precipitation to clear by Wednesday, with the temperature dipping into the low 30s.

Shane Victorino's two-run single in the first frame provided Philadelphia with the lead on a wet night with temperatures diving through the 40s, but instead of closing it out Monday the Phillies find themselves in a dogfight and in a waiting pattern.

The game will be continued from the point where it left off, with the Phillies coming to bat in the bottom of the sixth. Two years ago, MLB changed its rules on suspended games, moving to resume play rather than replay the entire game in the case of a tied contest.

Cole Hamels, who came into the game with a 4-0 record this postseason, was on the mound through the sixth inning, hoping to help the Phillies break a long championship drought in Philadelphia. The Phillies have Hamels leading off the bottom of the sixth, but manager Charlie Manuel confirmed Tuesday that he will be pinch-hit for the starter, an obvious move since Hamels will not be available to pitch.

Manuel did not reveal who he would use as a pinch-hitter, or who would pitch for the Phillies in the seventh. Rays manager Joe Maddon also played his cards close to the vest when interviewed on Tuesday.

Lefty Scott Kazmir, who lost to Hamels in Game 1, started for the Rays, but was lifted after allowing four hits and the two runs in four-plus innings. He had six walks and five strikeouts. Right-handed relieverGrant Balfour is still in the game for Tampa Bay.

"I think that the most important part of it is that both bullpens are rested, and that there's no telling what happens from this point," said Maddon, who would not reveal what he had planned for his pitching whenever the game resumes.

Selig said Monday that if the Phillies were ahead, he would not have let them win a rain-shortened game. He also said there is no thought to switching the finish of Game 5 to Florida. If the Rays can force Game 6, it would be indoors, at Tropicana Field. Game 6 was originally scheduled for Wednesday night in St. Petersburg, after a travel day on Tuesday.

If the Rays win Game 5, whenever it is played, the travel day will likely be dropped, and the clubs will fly to Florida and play Game 6 the day after Game 5.

The Rays checked out of their hotel earlier Monday and scrambled before finding a hotel in Wilmington, Delaware, which is about 30 minutes south of the stadium.

There have been 42 teams that have taken a 3-1 World Series lead, 36 of them have gone on to win a title. However, there have been six teams to rally from that deficit, the last being Kansas City in 1985 when the Royals beat St. Louis.

So my guess is for tomorrow night TB and Philly will continue Game 5 and then leave for St. Petersburg as soon as possible and do Game 6 and maybe Game 7 for Thursday and Friday... if Philly win tomorrow night that is moot point now..but the planned parade? That probably a jinx anyways so it wont do any good to look past that to that so called parade planned... that might give TB plenty of ammo to fight back and win....

fuck people! will anyone pls shut up abt Rays' favor to win? tmw weather at Philly will be still fucking coldest and Philly fans are still fucking crazy and loudest, I hope Rays still cannot handle those fucking weather and fans (sorry for my continue rant on Selig and yall people keep saying Rays are favor to win the fucking game)

fuck people! will anyone pls shut up abt Rays' favor to win? tmw weather at Philly will be still fucking coldest and Philly fans are still fucking crazy and loudest, I hope Rays still cannot handle those fucking weather and fans (sorry for my continue rant on Selig and yall people keep saying Rays are favor to win the fucking game)

What is the matter with you? You sound like a sore loser and your team is leading, jeezzz.

How did u know abt Phillies' planning on parade on tmw at 11 am if they were won WS Champ last night? I dont see any info on Philly.com?

I wish I can attend WS Game 5 start with 6th inning bottom on tmw but nah cant afford to miss job so will go home for just parade

They mentioned on the news...He did said a Wednesday at 11 am...A guy from a city of Phila was talking about the parade, he was telling us that it is gonna be a mess because of change of plans, they are having to firguring out what to do. You will have to remember that they will have to close some roads due to parade...Moving to another date is not easy, especially in a city...

Selig postponed game to tmw at 837 pm, fuck! I am still mad and hate Selig!

Yea well...I knew he would do that because of the snow and sleet we were having all day, then at this moment we are having high winds...it is so crabby out there, I tell ya...I drove for 45 minutes on a highway there and back, my car won't stay still-it kept going swooooooooosh, swoooooooosh.....but remember Farewell, the longer we had to wait, the better it is gonna be...the colder it gets is a good thing because it is not getting any warmer for Tampa Bay anytime soon :D

she is right, I did read article abt Rays' players' families come over to Philly for some WS games and they already scared all fans from Philly... Hello Rays? yall should know better Philly fans are #1 dangerous fans of any sports teams in any cities... Rays players and their families, welcome to Philly and I except yall go home immediatley

Yes you got that right dude...Allentown is next to Philly, the second worst city...That was one of the reason I moved outta there after discovering a dead body with a bicycle in a river behind our apt. :eek3: and due to highest crime in the area...And also the ppl are unbelievable rude and dangerous espically if you are next to any Phillies or Eagles fans...Run, run for your lives...I don't blame Tampa Bay and fans being afraid...

We were at a sport bar once watching the Eagles and Patriots Superbowl...I was like a very fewest Patriots fan, there was a guy next to me who was an Eagles fan, he did had that look wanting to kill me :eek3: Yes scary...Whew, he left unharming me...I warn ya all guys, it is not a freaking joke here...if I ever buy a ticket in Eagles' home field with the Patriots...I ain't buying or going there...there is no Hell way I would...these fans are surely freak me out, hahaha.....funny how you say Philly is the home of brotherly love...what happened to it? Mmmmm....

I found this article from TSN sports website.... here the article in quote...

So my guess is for tomorrow night TB and Philly will continue Game 5 and then leave for St. Petersburg as soon as possible and do Game 6 and maybe Game 7 for Thursday and Friday... if Philly win tomorrow night that is moot point now..but the planned parade? That probably a jinx anyways so it wont do any good to look past that to that so called parade planned... that might give TB plenty of ammo to fight back and win....

I wouldn't count on that hope...good luck Sharky and to other Tampa Bay fans :D Go Phils!!!

You are sounding so much like my brother and other fans...breathe dude for a minute there, I almost could hear ya within thousand miles, haha...

I do believe tomorrow night is gonna be the wildest night I ever seen in history...the more calmer and coldest the weather (no rain) is gonna be, the wildest fans will become...mmmm...wait and see. Remember farewell what I say when you watch the game...don't freak out!!! this game will be like the Saturday night game...and other thing, rem this, whoever won the first game is going to be a winner in the World Series...:naughty: And what happened to Howard with a two homers, and a pitcher Blanton's first hit homer, oh yeaaaaaaa I do have a very good feeling about this...so farewell, we will WIN...oh yeaaa...

GO PHILLIES!!! yeaaa!!!

What is the matter with you? You sound like a sore loser and your team is leading, jeezzz.

I just wanna showing my tired and frustrated of all people talk abt Rays gonna fucking win WS champ and I dont think it will gonna happen cuz Rays cannot handle Philly fans and very colder over there...

I guess you can't recognize a joke.....?

I dont enjoy any joke cuz I wanna Phillies win WS to get over with Phillies' drought for 28 years also end any Philly Sports teams champ drought for 25 years...

They mentioned on the news...He did said a Wednesday at 11 am...A guy from a city of Phila was talking about the parade, he was telling us that it is gonna be a mess because of change of plans, they are having to firguring out what to do. You will have to remember that they will have to close some roads due to parade...Moving to another date is not easy, especially in a city...

Yea well...I knew he would do that because of the snow and sleet we were having all day, then at this moment we are having high winds...it is so crabby out there, I tell ya...I drove for 45 minutes on a highway there and back, my car won't stay still-it kept going swooooooooosh, swoooooooosh.....but remember Farewell, the longer we had to wait, the better it is gonna be...the colder it gets is a good thing because it is not getting any warmer for Tampa Bay anytime soon :D

Yes you got that right dude...Allentown is next to Philly, the second worst city...That was one of the reason I moved outta there after discovering a dead body with a bicycle in a river behind our apt. :eek3: and due to highest crime in the area...And also the ppl are unbelievable rude and dangerous espically if you are next to any Phillies or Eagles fans...Run, run for your lives...I don't blame Tampa Bay and fans being afraid...

We were at a sport bar once watching the Eagles and Patriots Superbowl...I was like a very fewest Patriots fan, there was a guy next to me who was an Eagles fan, he did had that look wanting to kill me :eek3: Yes scary...Whew, he left unharming me...I warn ya all guys, it is not a freaking joke here...if I ever buy a ticket in Eagles' home field with the Patriots...I ain't buying or going there...there is no Hell way I would...these fans are surely freak me out, hahaha.....funny how you say Philly is the home of brotherly love...what happened to it? Mmmmm....

I wouldn't count on that hope...good luck Sharky and to other Tampa Bay fans :D Go Phils!!!

You are sounding so much like my brother and other fans...breathe dude for a minute there, I almost could hear ya within thousand miles, haha...

I do believe tomorrow night is gonna be the wildest night I ever seen in history...the more calmer and coldest the weather (no rain) is gonna be, the wildest fans will become...mmmm...wait and see. Remember farewell what I say when you watch the game...don't freak out!!! this game will be like the Saturday night game...and other thing, rem this, whoever won the first game is going to be a winner in the World Series...:naughty: And what happened to Howard with a two homers, and a pitcher Blanton's first hit homer, oh yeaaaaaaa I do have a very good feeling about this...so farewell, we will WIN...oh yeaaa...

GO PHILLIES!!! yeaaa!!!

abt parade, my mom never mention if she see news abt it... I am sure its tentative schedule for parade... game postponed to tmw so I am sure Philly still put tentative schedule for parade on this Friday

abt weather, I just wanna see tempature drop more down so Rays cannot handle any colder at Philly

abt dangerous at Philly, its true cuz I see few fans afraid when they attended any games on their opponent team jersey, once other teams leading and Philly cannot comeback, guess what? opponent team fans escaped before game end so they cannot worry abt fighting at parking lot... if anyone wanna go to Philly for Eagles games, suggest yall wearing eagles jersey with ur fav team underneath or just plain clothes so fans wont recognize yall

abt ur bro and other fans, it included my friends who are Phillies fans in Gallaudet show so much frustrated and crazy, also my dad when we were VP this afternoon

I have been crazy and frustrated since last night when Selig called suspened game, my friends and my roommates were trying cheer me up, well still not work... That means Phillies must win the fucking WS Champ to make me happy for days, weeks, months, years...

*clear my throat* now you know what Farewell was trying to state here, that all Phillies fans are surely dangerous and so impossible...they won't chill out till they are a winner...

I have lived with one all my life and it is not easy living with that person who is my brother. In time they will get over it, but not over night. I still do not know why...yea jeeze!!! (My brother and I are like a cat and mouse over freaking sports, heh heh)

I dont enjoy any joke cuz I wanna Phillies win WS to get over with Phillies' drought for 28 years also end any Philly Sports teams champ drought for 25 years...[/QUOTE]

:cheers: to that!

abt parade, my mom never mention if she see news abt it... I am sure its tentative schedule for parade... game postponed to tmw so I am sure Philly still put tentative schedule for parade on this Friday

abt weather, I just wanna see tempature drop more down so Rays cannot handle any colder at Philly

abt dangerous at Philly, its true cuz I see few fans afraid when they attended any games on their opponent team jersey, once other teams leading and Philly cannot comeback, guess what? opponent team fans escaped before game end so they cannot worry abt fighting at parking lot... if anyone wanna go to Philly for Eagles games, suggest yall wearing eagles jersey with ur fav team underneath or just plain clothes so fans wont recognize yall

abt ur bro and other fans, it included my friends who are Phillies fans in Gallaudet show so much frustrated and crazy, also my dad when we were VP this afternoon

I have been crazy and frustrated since last night when Selig called suspened game, my friends and my roommates were trying cheer me up, well still not work... That means Phillies must win the fucking WS Champ to make me happy for days, weeks, months, years...

She is in Philly right? I am like two hours away almost, maybe different new reporters??? I dont know...there were many diff reporters last night's game...

I do understand your frustration, and being crazy...I do know it all...my brother stopped talking to me when he heard about the game being suspended, he won't talk to me!!! Not even today!!! He won't feel alive till he sees the game, and winning the game as it is...I do feel for him and ya. I do understand. I am always waiting for him to come into his sense and cheer with me...:D

Hey farewell I ain't wearing Eagles jersey going to the game to see the Patriots nuh huh, no freaking way!!! I rather wear rags instead of any jersey or any Phillies shirt...and hummm, I rather keep my silence, haha...but wait!!! I ain't going there!!! Not now, not ever!!! Philly is too freaking for me with such crimes!!!

She is in Philly right? I am like two hours away almost, maybe different new reporters??? I dont know...there were many diff reporters last night's game...

I do understand your frustration, and being crazy...I do know it all...my brother stopped talking to me when he heard about the game being suspended, he won't talk to me!!! Not even today!!! He won't feel alive till he sees the game, and winning the game as it is...I do feel for him and ya. I do understand. I am always waiting for him to come into his sense and cheer with me...:D

Hey farewell I ain't wearing Eagles jersey going to the game to see the Patriots nuh huh, no freaking way!!! I rather wear rags instead of any jersey or any Phillies shirt...and hummm, I rather keep my silence, haha...but wait!!! I ain't going there!!! Not now, not ever!!! Philly is too freaking for me with such crimes!!!

Yea, my hubby is from South Philly and we visited his grandmother where he lived...talk about pure ghetto!

I plan on wearing my Cardinals jersey to the Eagles game on Thanksgiving Day. Guess I will get my ass kicked?
:shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, my hubby is from South Philly and we visited his grandmother where he lived...talk about pure ghetto!

I plan on wearing my Cardinals jersey to the Eagles game on Thanksgiving Day. Guess I will get my ass kicked?
:shock:

:shock: Image how many Eagles fans are gonna be there??? and how many of you wearing Cardinals??? If a fewest...Hummm, my best bet is not to wear it :giggle: after I learned my lesson at a sport bar and hang around in Philly half of my life watching Phillies vs the Braves...I bet football is the same...

I never had problem in Philly, it was because my brother was there wearing Phillies jersey or shirt, he would curse and scream among the crowd...:eek3: My father stopped going there...I don't blame him. I would not leave there alone, I make sure my brother comes with me to the rest room, get beer or whatever. I would take a hold of my brother's shirt along with the crowd like I fear for my life toward our car especially if they lose a game. He hated that, but he did understand my fear. But guess what Shel, my brother WILL NOT go with me to the Eagles game even if the Patriots will play bec he is none of their fan. He is a Skinners' fan :roll: So I ain't going...Good luck and make sure you stay so tightly with your brother and hubby with your dear life while you are there...even to rest room, get beer, or whatever...I would...oh, don't bring your purse :D

But at Bailtmore game, I had no fear at all!!! Isn't that weird???

Back