Report: S.C. governor says he was in Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't answer my question. I'm curious as to whether she would support impeachment proceedings in the case that he doesn't resign.

I guess we'll wait and see for her answer

Resignation is not the same as impeachment. Please see her most recent statement of "kick the bums out." Resignation is a voluntary act.

This is true. There is a very clear distinction between the two.

So, you are now for impeaching Sanford?
I prefer that he resign.

I don't know if what he did was an impeachable offense under SC law. I haven't heard or read any state legal opinions yet.

I was thinking more along the lines of not electing or reelecting them.

I prefer that he resign.

I don't know if what he did was an impeachable offense under SC law. I haven't heard or read any state legal opinions yet.

I was thinking more along the lines of not electing or reelecting them.

He's not up for re-election. This is his second term.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if he resigns. I don't know that sexual misconduct is an impeachable offense in SC either. But I would think desertion of office is, and it would appear that would apply since he took off and no one knew where he was.

He's not up for re-election. This is his second term.
Yes, I know, I previously posted that fact.

In Sanford's case, it means not nominating/electing him for any other public office.

In the case of others, especially Congressmen without term limits, it means not reelecting them.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if he resigns.
Yes, I would like to take it one step at a time. First, wait and see if he resigns. If he doesn't resign, then wait and see what the legal experts say are available options.

She must be. After all, Sanford originally said that he went "to do something exotic."
:hmm: according to the definitions 2 & 3 he could have been having kinky sex with a female that looks like a warthog
ex⋅ot⋅ic  /ɪgˈzɒtɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ig-zot-ik] Show IPA
Use exotic in a Sentence
–adjective 1. of foreign origin or character; not native; introduced from abroad, but not fully naturalized or acclimatized
2. strikingly unusual or strange in effect or appearance
3. of a uniquely new or experimental nature

4. of, pertaining to, or involving stripteasing

aaaahhhhhhhh yi yi yi yi yi yi yi yi

IMO - They all do it. It's just a matter of which ones get caught.

:werd:

when someone who preaches about family values gets busted, the scandal sells more newspapers so it gets more press...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back