Report: S.C. governor says he was in Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it shouldn't. But illegal, hypocrisy, and "sin" are three very different concepts. Sanford's cheating on his wife is his, his wife's, his mistress', and his children's issue to deal with. However, his lying about his whereabouts, his using state money to take the opportunity to visit his mistress, abandonment of office for several days while no one knew where he was, and claim values to garner votes that he proposes for the rest of the country, but fails to subscribe to for himself all go a bit deeper than the issue of "sin". Remember, separation of church and state. I am not so concerned with the concept of "sin" in this case (or any other for that matter), as it is a religious issue that should have absolutely nothing to do with politics. I am, however, concerned with the issue of honest representation, misuse of public funds, dishonesty, and lack of regard for the well being of the people he has pledged to serve.

good luck.

:laugh2:
Ever heard of the Downing Street Memo? Pretty damning, eh?

Damning? It what respect? We already knew that the UN would NEVER use the use of military force to get Saddam to comply (remember 17 UN Resolutions later...). Never. Certainly, there had to be meetings prior to 2003 to discuss taking Saddam and his regime out. After all he did break the surrender agreement after the Gulf War and in the ensuing years ignored the worthless UN sanctions against him. Going after a despot in a country takes months even years of pre-planning should the need finally arise. Haven't you heard about the pre-war planning for post-war Iraq that took place in July 2002?
http://www.defenselink.mil/policy/sections/policy_offices/isa/nesa/postwar_iraq.html

Damning? LOL.

She entitle her opinion.

I personally don't think adultery should make him resign the governorship as long as he doing his job well.

Private and Duty are strict separate.
Sanford can't be trusted now, so his effectiveness as governor is kaput. He should resign.

I have a question for you, Reba.

What do you think of him as Governor before his scandal come to the public? Is he good Governor?
Yes.

But now I don't know when he is telling the truth, and when he is not.

No it shouldn't. But illegal, hypocrisy, and "sin" are three very different concepts. Sanford's cheating on his wife is his, his wife's, his mistress', and his children's issue to deal with. However, his lying about his whereabouts, his using state money to take the opportunity to visit his mistress, abandonment of office for several days while no one knew where he was, and claim values to garner votes that he proposes for the rest of the country, but fails to subscribe to for himself all go a bit deeper than the issue of "sin". Remember, separation of church and state.
Yes, I'm familiar with the concept of separation of church and state. It was established so as to keep the government from forcing a state religion on the citizens, and allow them freedom to worship.

I am not so concerned with the concept of "sin" in this case (or any other for that matter), as it is a religious issue that should have absolutely nothing to do with politics.
I, and other citizens, are free to use the criteria of sinful behavior (among other criteria) to judge which politicians we support.

I am, however, concerned with the issue of honest representation, misuse of public funds, dishonesty, and lack of regard for the well being of the people he has pledged to serve.
Which are also matters of sinful behavior but you can call them whatever you wish. :)

Yep. Resign is the best option. Just as Clinton should've resigned for lying to his constituency, the judge while under oath, obstruction in order to hide his sexual relationships with Lewinsky, and the improper use of grounds (Oval office) and not his duty to attend to the office in order to have these illicit affairs while married. Why shouldn't Clinton have resigned but Sanford when both showed any lack of regard for the well being of the people as they both pledged to serve? Even Spitzer resigned over just a call girl issue and not to the same breadth and depth as to what Sanford and Clinton did.Same for McGreevey. A double standard at work here with Clinton? Should have resigned or not? Yes or no?

:hmm:

Your anti-dem diatribe is getting old and transparent.

Oh, puh-leeze. Do you ever read the news?

Oh, certainly. I have read the news about ACORN. Brought down by a fake pimp and a fake prostitute.

The irony of it all to watch ACORN crater.

Oh, certainly. I have read the news about ACORN. Brought down by a fake pimp and a fake prostitute.

The irony of it all to watch ACORN crater.

Do you ever bother to read the topic of the thread? It would appear you don't with the number of off topic posts you consistently make. The topic of this thread is Sanford lying to both the public and his constiuents, while all the while preaching "family values."

Damning? It what respect? We already knew that the UN would NEVER use the use of military force to get Saddam to comply (remember 17 UN Resolutions later...). Never. Certainly, there had to be meetings prior to 2003 to discuss taking Saddam and his regime out. After all he did break the surrender agreement after the Gulf War and in the ensuing years ignored the worthless UN sanctions against him. Going after a despot in a country takes months even years of pre-planning should the need finally arise. Haven't you heard about the pre-war planning for post-war Iraq that took place in July 2002?
Pre-war Planning for Post-war Iraq

Damning? LOL.

Yes, damning indeed.
The Downing Street Memo :: What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back