• Regular flat-top haircut

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Regular haircut

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unegawahya

Reaction score
I need to know: Should I give him a regular flat-top haircut or regular haircut? He'll be graduating from his elementary school on June 22nd.

If I were in ur shoes I leave his hair grow longer to his shoulder as long he wants to. I prefer to respects his comfort to have his choice to cut short or not.

Whitewolf1970 said:
I need to know: Should I give him a regular flat-top haircut or regular haircut? He'll be graduating from his elementary school on June 22nd.

Are your son attend LA school district?

I think it is hard for anyone here to give an informed answer. Everyone has a different opinion as to what means "regular". :P

What is your son's preference? Is there a style you can both agree on?

Different styles also depend on a person's face shape and hair texture. For example, a tall flat top looks better on a rounder face than a long thin face. People with really curly hair or with a strong wave or cowlick need a haircut that is easy to manage without lots of effort and product.

You see, there are too many variables for us to answer your question.

Okay, I gonna post a pic of my son.

TrippLA, he attends a Los Angeles District School.

My son hasn't decide what he want yet. He used to have a long hair when he was 2 1/2 years old. Until, the neighbor child gave my son a horrible bugs!!!! Grrr! Shaved 'em off because my son couldn't stand the buggy comb. <sigh> He got hooked on it having a haircut. I used to let it grow when he was 6 years old (didn't have any time to cut his hair) but kids in that school were making fun of him and danced around him because he's part of Cherokee. He came home with tears in his eyes. I was soo pissed off, I went straight to the school's office the next morning with my son in tow. So the school's officials straightened out by speaking to the kids that they shouldn't make fun of American Indians even though my son is also part of Hispanic. He didn't feel better then, so I let him have a haircut. Couldn't stop him. He was a beauty with a shoulder-length hair but brownish color (don't know if he got it from my mom's or his dad when he was young) which I missed the most. His hair color is gettin' darker. Like me, he rathers go to our forebears' side. Years later, some kids in his school decided to let their hairs grow long. I asked my son, is that the boy who used to make fun of him? He said, "Yes, but we made friends now. He let his hair grew long so he can stand up for me." <sigh> My son quipped that he would rather wait until he'll graduate from a middle school and let his hair grows long. But if he wants to be an officer, then...I know his boss will tell him to get a haircut.. <sigh> But if he becomes a detective, he can let his hair down. I hope they will let him keep his hair long.

I voted for the regular haircut. Incidentally, your son is a very good looking young man and I think he should be given the option of how his hair should be . . . for him. I wish my parents gave me that option, but they did after I received hearing aids in fifth grade, which I wore my hair just below my earlobes.

As a parent, you will need to make sure he is well kempt as he goes into his teen years, so don't let him do anything outrageous with it until he is old enough to afford it with his own money.

Cute kid. IMO, I think a regular haircut would look good on him.

Ah, now I can see what he looks like. Very nice picture, handsome young man. :P

He looks good with that haircut. He has a roundish face, so the fullness of hair on top looks good on him, especially with the widow's peak. His features show clear and strong with his hair away from his face.

Thumbs up!

Whitewolf1970 said:

Why don't you ask your son what he would like for his haircut?

Reba said:
Ah, now I can see what he looks like. Very nice picture, handsome young man. :P

He looks good with that haircut. He has a roundish face, so the fullness of hair on top looks good on him, especially with the widow's peak. His features show clear and strong with his hair away from his face.

Thumbs up!

Thanks. He hasn't had haircut for a few weeks before the pic was taken. His pic was taken in February. He quipped girls in school still chasing after him to the rr sometimes and he has been hiding until I pulled my car up. lol His autograph book was showing some writing that they hope he'll get many girls in middle school. Oh, dear.

Whitewolf1970 said:
Thanks. He hasn't had haircut for a few weeks before the pic was taken. His pic was taken in February. He quipped girls in school still chasing after him to the rr sometimes and he has been hiding until I pulled my car up. lol His autograph book was showing some writing that they hope he'll get many girls in middle school. Oh, dear.
Well, maybe he is TOO handsome already! ;)

He sounds like a sweetheart. I'm sure if the two of you discuss it you'll find a "'do" that you'll both be pleased with.

Even so, his hair grows fast, so if he isn't satisfied with the cut, it will grow back before school starts in the fall. Guys are lucky that way. :)

Reba said:
Well, maybe he is TOO handsome already! ;)

He sounds like a sweetheart. I'm sure if the two of you discuss it you'll find a "'do" that you'll both be pleased with.

Even so, his hair grows fast, so if he isn't satisfied with the cut, it will grow back before school starts in the fall. Guys are lucky that way. :)
Yep, they can be soo lucky they won't be bother by it. I hope so when he wakes up. ;) Girls we have tough time getting our hair to our likeness. :eek: We try to fix and then you can hear some of them yelling at themselves. "I hate my hair! Why won't my hair do what I want them to be in?" LOL! :D Guys just let their hairs be.

Why don't he have his hair shaven off... it'll look good on him and plus summer is almost here. So, that it will keep him cool. :)

Yea, he's cute.

I'm student at LA school district. :)

AnnyGuy said:
Why don't he have his hair shaven off... it'll look good on him and plus summer is almost here. So, that it will keep him cool. :)

He used to until he freaked out when he looked in the mirror. :) He didn't want to go thru again. ;)

A regluar hair cut will do. He's such a handsome guy! I bet the girls going after him eh? ;)

Back