Random Vents.....

Why is DD sick? What is the diagnosis, if any?
Just wondering.

I took her to the Doctor Monday, he said it was the start of an ear infection on top of a bad cold.

Her fever hasn't died yet completely. It keeps spiking back up. If it's not gone by Monday, I'm taking her back to the doctor and tell him it's not going away.

She's on antibiotics, ibuprofen, cough drops, and pediacare. I may have to start getting her ready for school and taking her myself. The only reason mom gets her up in the morning is because my DD insists that she wants to ride the entire bus route with my dad in the mornings. (He's a bus driver for her school) Mom insists that I just continue sleeping, thing is I'm awake by 6:30, about the time they leave.

I'll just inform them Sunday night that starting Monday morning, I'll be getting my DD up and ready for school in the mornings.

Thanks MIL, for not telling me the full list of ingredients of your punch (she said it's just Tahitian treat fruit punch). Which unfortunately for me, had grapefruit juice in it and having (b/c one my many meds) is a no no. So I've been feeling *quite* out of it.

According to pharmacist, it's due to too much Vitamin D absorption. Boy is it weird feeling like your getting sunburn by any bright light. (particularly indoors!) So now I'm hydrating and feeling like some bloody vampire... ugh.

I've never heard of this. It's possible to have *too much* Vitamin D absorption? I'm supposed to take 2,000 mg a day, which I think is a high dose, right? What a strange thing to feel like you're getting sunburned by a bright light!

I'm also on meds where I'm not allowed to have any grapefruit juice. Sob for me, cuz I love it, and haven't had any in years. So I feel your pain about accidentally having it when you didn't intend to.

I took her to the Doctor Monday, he said it was the start of an ear infection on top of a bad cold.

Her fever hasn't died yet completely. It keeps spiking back up. If it's not gone by Monday, I'm taking her back to the doctor and tell him it's not going away.

She's on antibiotics, ibuprofen, cough drops, and pediacare. I may have to start getting her ready for school and taking her myself. The only reason mom gets her up in the morning is because my DD insists that she wants to ride the entire bus route with my dad in the mornings. (He's a bus driver for her school) Mom insists that I just continue sleeping, thing is I'm awake by 6:30, about the time they leave.

I'll just inform them Sunday night that starting Monday morning, I'll be getting my DD up and ready for school in the mornings.

Ahhh, I see. DD must be feeling miserable, and you have a full plate as it is. Take her to the doc on Monday even if she seems to be getting better, since ear infections are bizarre things. Sounds like you don't get much of a chance to rest, but try to nap for short times. Even 15 or 20 minutes at a time does wonders, you know? Let us know how things are going!

Ahhh, I see. DD must be feeling miserable, and you have a full plate as it is. Take her to the doc on Monday even if she seems to be getting better, since ear infections are bizarre things. Sounds like you don't get much of a chance to rest, but try to nap for short times. Even 15 or 20 minutes at a time does wonders, you know? Let us know how things are going!

I think it's almost time for another 24-hours of happiness weekend at a friend's house, but I shall wait until after the Holidays.

MIL is upset with the carpet in the living/dining room and wants it shampooed. She comments that it's due to "the family being careless with all of the drinks and food". Well, we carry around glasses or bottles of water. We don't eat in any room except the kitchen. The cats do not have accidents or spit-ups on that carpet. She is the one eating and drinking in those rooms and her bedroom. I have a Hoover Steam Vac that I used in her room when she had to go to the hospital and nursing home recently. This carpet is 15 years old and has been through a flood when the hurricanes swept through this area 5-8 years ago. (Can't remmy as I wasn't here). She will not allow me to use mine as "it's not a professional cleaner". "Well crap woman. It got all the stains out of your room and your carpet is still clean now, 8 months later!"

Is your MIL in the early stages of dementia, by any chance? She certainly does seem - odd, to say the least.

We have one of those Steam Vac thingies too. They work well, but I have to admit the pros do a better job. But it's certainly "good enough," for heaven's sake. We don't have the pros in very often.

I hate pine trees. What gives them the right to keep their needles during the winter? Dogwoods, maples, palm trees (in wv hehe) something other than stupid pine trees.

I've never heard of this. It's possible to have *too much* Vitamin D absorption? I'm supposed to take 2,000 mg a day, which I think is a high dose, right? What a strange thing to feel like you're getting sunburned by a bright light!

I'm also on meds where I'm not allowed to have any grapefruit juice. Sob for me, cuz I love it, and haven't had any in years. So I feel your pain about accidentally having it when you didn't intend to.

Vitamin D is fat soluble. All the fat soluble vitamins can build up in your body and be a danger.

Asl courses are hard to find in fort mac, I've been looking for months.
The deaf community here must still be in the closet as well because I'm getting nowhere.

Is your MIL in the early stages of dementia, by any chance? She certainly does seem - odd, to say the least.

We have one of those Steam Vac thingies too. They work well, but I have to admit the pros do a better job. But it's certainly "good enough," for heaven's sake. We don't have the pros in very often.

I almost wish she was going through dementia, because then I could deal with it a little better. That's what my mother is going through. No, my MIL has an inoperable brain tumor that presses on the optical nerve. It is inoperable as if they try to remove, she will lose her sight totally. She is currently going with no peripheral vision and has cataracts that they will not remove as well.

What part "no contact" in restraining order make you think I want receive 24000000 text messages every day?!?!? GO AWAY.

I hate pine trees. What gives them the right to keep their needles during the winter? Dogwoods, maples, palm trees (in wv hehe) something other than stupid pine trees.

Sounds like you are allergic to pines. I love coniferous trees. :) Well, the coniferous trees have been doing this for million of years. There's tropical type of conifers as well.

Also - maybe the legal experts on here can verify - I think if a person has a restraining order, and the other person violates it in some way (like these text contacts), and the person with the order does NOT report it, then it's considered to be "allowing" the contact to happen.

I'm not sure of details; maybe someone else knows better. At any rate, you do not want to appear in any way to be "giving permsision" for these messages to continue.

You need to save the texts and report it to the police. Report each and everytime it happens (each day).

Yes! Report those texts....call a police officer, show ur restraining order/injunction...and have him file a complaint. When you go to court....have ur police report(s) on this, along with the texts...the Judge will apply a much harsher fine/sentence on Dallas....as it looks like Dallas is simply "thumbing his nose" at the Judge and Police....and they do not like that!

Dallas is texting you....trying to get you to drop the charges!...He wants to feel that he still has the control over you....Don't let him do this to you!...Kick him to the curb with a pair of steel-toed boots right in his crack!....

Also, he's trying to get you to engage in conversation with him. Don't do it. Just turn it over to the police.

Please do read "The Gift of Fear." Your local library might have it. de Becker explains exactly what to do in cases like this.

sunshine, everyone gave you the good tips. we all want you to feel comfortable in your own time.

I'm burned out on working all the time. I want a 5-day work week again.

Back