Racial Wealth Gap...

Are you saying that society is actively "devising ways to keep the minority population and the poor population from having the opportunities?"

First of all, wouldn't that be illegal?

Secondly, what would be the reasoning behind that?

Lastly, who makes up this "society" to which you refer?

Yep. Nope. Construction of power. People.

So you're not going to share your insights even in a broad outline unless we pay you?

So much for trying to bridge the gap.

I have shared my insights through out this thread. What I am not going to do is attempt to educate on the theories behind this sociological phenomena. Especially when it is obvious that learning is not the motive for asking.

Even the ones that are prepared do not have the opportunity.:roll:
None of them? That's not what I see happening around here.

And then there are those that have not had the opportunity to even become prepared because they are constantly fighting their way out of the hole that such disaparity has placed them in.
Apparently someone forgot to tell that to the many black college students attending school, and the black professionals working in this area.

No, isn't it so obvious? You were going to try to use my age against my perspective. Otherwise you wouldn't have asked. Weak..

You should probably put that crystal ball back in your pocket.:laugh2:

But like I said, obviously you have been told that before.:giggle: Kind of validates the whole point, doesn't it?:P

None of them? That's not what I see happening around here.

Apparently someone forgot to tell that to the many black college students attending school, and the black professionals working in this area.

You truly are naive. And that is not intended as an insult, but simply an observation based on your responses to racial inequities.

I have shared my insights through out this thread. What I am not going to do is attempt to educate on the theories behind this sociological phenomena. Especially when it is obvious that learning is not the motive for asking.
I didn't ask for theories behind a sociological phenomena. I would like to know what practical things can be done to resolve this gap.

You truly are naive. And that is not intended as an insult, but simply an observation based on your responses to racial inequities.
I suppose your way is better to tell black students that even when they get their degrees they will have no career opportunities? I guess they might as well quit now.

I didn't ask for theories behind a sociological phenomena. I would like to know what practical things can be done to resolve this gap.

To answer your question would require a detailed explanation of the theories.

I suppose your way is better to tell black students that even when they get their degrees they will have no career opportunities? I guess they might as well quit now.

No career opportunities is a different situation than disparity in opportunity.

Do you really believe that those disparities don't exist? They do exist, and in different proportion depending upon the population. The college educated will experience the inequality in different ways than will the non-college educated, but the point is that the disparity exists, and it is the direct result of racial issues.

Yep. Nope. Construction of power. People.
Yep? As in Undercover Brother?

All people? "People" includes all races.

If this is so obvious to everyone, then why is it allowed?

Yep? As in Undercover Brother?

All people? "People" includes all races.

If this is so obvious to everyone, then why is it allowed?

Why would you reference such a negative stereotype that was intended as a comedic statement when discussing such serious things as disparity in income and opportunity as applied to minority populations? That was a bit insensitive.

White privilege, to put it in a nutshell.

Jillio have been evading giving any direct answers or expanding on anything. Ignore her.

Jillio have been evading giving any direct answers or expanding on anything. Ignore her.

I think I detect someone here under yet another screen name. There is a striking resemblance to Google, et al. Mods, you might want to check this one out before it goes any further.

Just because you are incapable of understanding the depth of my answers doesn't mean they are nonexistent.

It's not the responsibility of people of color to educate white people about racism. Each person must examine his/her own privilege and deal with it. It's hard to do.

This. So much this.

Being a member of any minority group does not obligate you to be its spokesperson, and being a member of many majority groups does not give you the right to treat other people as learning opportunities.

I think I detect someone here under yet another screen name. There is a striking resemblance to Google, et al. Mods, you might want to check this one out before it goes any further.

Just because you are incapable of understanding the depth of my answers doesn't mean they are nonexistent.

Pretty much sums it all up.. Thank you.

Sure, you're going to be disappointed that I aint google or whoever else. Although the almighty that you are, probably are going to get me banned from here.

Sure, you're going to be disappointed that I aint google or whoever else. Although the almighty that you are, probably are going to get me banned from here.

:laugh2: Already making plans for blaming it on someone else when your actions get you banned! Now that tells a lot.:laugh2:

Who said anything about banning? I believe that was you. You are telling on yourself.:laugh2:

I disagree. People who don't attend college still can get skills that are highly valued. It's up to those people to obtain skills that will increase their earning potential. Maid/cooks don't usually require much skill to use, anyone could do those jobs which is why they get paid so low.

For example... a cook at a top restaurant would definitely earn more money than a cook at McDonald's despite having similar jobs.. Why? because the top restaurant requires more skill at cooking than the one at McDonald's. Anyone can be a cook for McDonald's but not any cook can work at a top restaurant.

Those without college degrees and low paying jobs aren't being punished. They simply didn't acquire or display skills to merit higher wages.

So it is up to the poor person, Black or whatever, growing up in a poor neighborhood where the schools are under par, and they are taught they have no chance in life -- To get out and acquire the right skills.

Yeah, that is a fair way to do things.

Society should have come up with that one a long time ago.

Back