Profoundly deaf - anyone like me, have CI?

Iam proud to be deaf : shrugs :

I am with her. It does not bother me if someone tell me that. I would say, " yes I am deaf and proud of it. " That's cool.

argument that are for and against CI.

I do not know if this forum would permit it, but I personally would like to see a logical argument(s): for CI and against CI. I feel that would be very helpful for those on the fence.

JPC, There is another thread for that. Look in Deaf Interests: Hearing Aids and CIs....

Jake is not new to the forum like you. He is mature enough to make his own decision about CIs (at least I hope so :p jk)

JPC, There is another thread for that. Look in Deaf Interests: Hearing Aids and CIs....

Jake is not new to the forum like you. He is mature enough to make his own decision about CIs (at least I hope so :p jk)

Oh, well I was referring to all in general not specifically Jake. And being mature enough to make a decision still does not mean one is making the correct decision. Decisions like this, in my opinion, should be based on logic and sound reasoning. Also, I was not thinking hearing aids. CI are vastly different than hearing aids.

I did not say temporal lobes. I said auditory lobes. The portions of that region in the brain that deal specifically with auditory perception. You do realize that there are sub-regions within the temporal lobe that deal specifically only with auditory perception?

In the deaf, those are reallocated to visual perception.

In the deaf, those are reallocated to visual perception.

For deaf who were born fully deaf and have never known any sounds they probably are. There are so many types and kinds of deafness though that we can't really say because something is true for one deaf that its true for all deaf.

For deaf who were born fully deaf and have never known any sounds they probably are. There are so many types and kinds of deafness though that we can't really say because something is true for one deaf that its true for all deaf.

Even those that are deafened later on in life. There is also a theory that has been tested that when an individual's brain does not allocate the auditory centers for visual stimuli, the areas will create phantom sound to fill the void. There is a hypothesis that tinnitus in some individuals is the result of the adjustment to deafness of the auditory centers in the brain. There is also a phenomena known as musical hallucinations that occur in late deafened that are believed to be the result of the same.

Iam proud to be deaf : shrugs :

I am too, i dont care if im deaf nor it effects my life.

What I was saying, you dont go around and then see a mental person and go "you are a retard" because thats rude.
I had people go up to me and say "you are deaf!", not that I'm offended or anything, buts its like "I know, i dont care, but thanks for pointing out the obvious sherlock"

Which is why I said, somethings are meant to be kept to yourself. You go to a store, see a guy whos limping, because he only has one leg, you dont go yelling "you are one legged man!" because its rude, same with deafness, "you got no hearing!" orlly?

edit: btw this was recent, me being pat:
capturepju.png

Last edited:
Doesn't JPC sounds like Jasin?

Oh yeah I just found his welcome post!

Last edited:

What I was saying, you dont go around and then see a mental person and go "you are a retard" because thats rude.
I had people go up to me and say "you are deaf!", not that I'm offended or anything, buts its like "I know, i dont care, but thanks for pointing out the obvious sherlock"

Which is why I said, somethings are meant to be kept to yourself. You go to a store, see a guy whos limping, because he only has one leg, you dont go yelling "you are one legged man!" because its rude, same with deafness, "you got no hearing!" orlly?

capturepju.png

Exactly what I was going at. You NEVER say the Deaf are not equal.

capturepju.png
:lol:

Wtf? This is not what I wanted to see - I am going to ask the moderator to close this thread, and clean up the mess. I SAID IN THE START OF THE THREAD - DO NOT DEBATE or of any negativity at all.

I am soon to be 24 year old, mature enough to make my own decisions. My assessment isn't until June 16th. I appericate these good lucks from you guys.

So keep your debating topics out of this thread, thank you.

but he starte- GAH LALA Good luck JClarke!

Like what others said, make this decision for you, not for others! Do what's best for you, ... not for others. Decide and we help/support on the way. :)

Wtf? This is not what I wanted to see - I am going to ask the moderator to close this thread, and clean up the mess. I SAID IN THE START OF THE THREAD - DO NOT DEBATE or of any negativity at all.

I am soon to be 24 year old, mature enough to make my own decisions. My assessment isn't until June 16th. I appericate these good lucks from you guys.

I want to point out, I pointed that out. :angel: :wave:

All the best JClarke! Do keep us posted. She'll be right. :D

Good luck with your assessment in June!! :wave:

Back