Profoundly deaf - anyone like me, have CI?

You are not answering my questions and they are valid points. I wonder why. Hmmm

I did answer your question. Read up.

Furthermore... I totally call your bluff on "6 years of college English." I have several friends who completed colleges, and hold post bachelors degrees. Almost none of them took six years of English. Even the two teachers I just asked right now - they only took five English classes. The only way you would have taken 6 years of English would have been an English major, and you have already proven to us all that is not the case here. I could even bring in our resident English professor here to rip you apart, but I am not even going to bother. It would be a waste of both his and my time.

Heh, this is not the first time I had to tell people who either have "honors in reading", "honors in English", or "6 years of college English", etc to read up on this very forum.

If you truly had that much experience, you would be able to spot the obvious difference in my examples, and compare to my previous statements.

That's all I have to say, neophyte.

/case

I did answer your question. Read up.

Furthermore... I totally call your bluff on "6 years of college English."

Heh, this is not the first time I had to tell people who either have "honors in reading", "honors in English", or "6 years of college English", etc to read up on this very forum.

If you truly had that much experience, you would be able to spot the obvious difference in my examples, and compare to my previous statements.

That's all I have to say, neophyte.

/case

1. Ellipses do not go after the word "Furthermore" when you start a sentence with that word only a comma does. It is not correct sentence structure to use ellipses after that word when you start a sentence with that word. When you do that, your sentence becomes fragmented.

2. There should be punctuation after "etc.” when you use that abbreviation. You, however, did not use any. Your sentence is fragmented.

3. The word "my" in this sentence, "If you truly had that much experience, you would be able to spot the obvious difference in my examples, and compare to my previous statements." is an incorrect use of the first person.

I am clearly not the one who does not understand English.

Good grief. The key word was "equal". Go back and re-read PFH's post. He said nothing that we are not human beings.

If that is true then the use of the word(s) "I said" is an incorrect use of the first person.

Like I said, I am not the one who does not understand English.

This is an argumentum ad hominem.

He's not saying your argument makes no sense because you are a dumbass liar. That would be an example of ad hominem argument, linking the validity of something you say to who you are as a person.

He's saying that you are a dumbass liar because of your foolish argument. Not ad hominem. Fact.

This has gone way off topic, please end the argument, thanks... jpc for the record I read through everything and you read what PFH said wrong, and then insisted on pestering pfh after he plainly and clearly explained what was being said. AGREE to disagree PLEASE.. and furthermore please don't abuse the report button... thanks

ON TOPIC... ready... set... go...

He's not saying your argument makes no sense because you are a dumbass liar. That would be an example of ad hominem argument, linking the validity of something you say to who you are as a person.

He's saying that you are a dumbass liar because of your foolish argument. Not ad hominen. Fact.

He called me a "dumbass" and a "moron" when I never once said anything equivalent to him. I also never said anything about him or anything else that was not based on facts. Therefore, he is the one that is being being negative and not respecting Jake and others here in this forum; he is the one that's the problem.

He called me a "dumbass" and a "moron". I however, never once said anything equivalent to him. I also never said anything about him or otherwise that was not based on facts. Therefore, he is the one that is being being negative and not respecting Jake, not me.

PFH should have never said what he said, RIGHT PFH??? with that being said you consistently trolled his statement which provoked him to say what he said. LIKE I SAID, agree to disagree. If you do not let this go we will discuss further actions.

If you're talking about mappings? Yes, those who just got a CI tend to go more often, like about every 3 months or so. And then as you wear them longer, you can branch it out to going to just about once every 6 months or so which I tend to do. Although I do know of some that goes just once a year. And also know of some that go more often. Sometime it come down to personal preference. Or you'd also go when there's simply a need to.

Just for clarification. When I said "remapping" I was not referring to the device itself but rather the Brain. Brain remapping is something entirely different. In science brain remapping is called neuroplasticity.

Back