Profoundly deaf - anyone like me, have CI?

PFH should have never said what he said, RIGHT PFH??? with that being said you consistently trolled his statement which provoked him to say what he said. LIKE I SAID, agree to disagree. If you do not let this go we will discuss further actions.

All my statements were in response to something he or someone else on here has said and they were all based on fact. I never once used any inflammatory words in those statements; unlike him I never once used any words like"dumbass" and "moron", words that are obviously inflammatory as they are insulting.

What is a troll?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

He's saying that you are a dumbass liar because of your foolish argument. Not ad hominen. Fact.

You can't claim it was the argument he was attacking, if you want your argument to be true, when a "dumbass" is a "stupid person"; Arguments are not persons, not in any context. Therefore, its your argument is false and NOT factual.

Dumb-ass | Define Dumb-ass at Dictionary.com.

Wirelessly posted

jpc said:
Is it a "Welcome Neophyte Day" here on AllDeaf.com?

Can you spot the difference between:
"people without hearing are not human beings."
"not an equal human being without hearing"

You're thinking of "not human being" along with noobbucket over there. I never said anything of the sorts, and never will.

You are not making any sense.

What PFH is saying is not hearing does not make you any less a human being, hearing or not we are equal. To feel you have to hear to be equal to others is a misconception.

Everything I have stated thus far has been factual and/or true and has not contained any personal attacks, such as the insults others on here have restored to using.

Wirelessly posted

What PFH is saying is not hearing does not make you any less a human being, hearing or not we are equal. To feel you have to hear to be equal to others is a misconception.

I never once said Deaf with or without CI are not human. NOT once have I said that or anything even close to that. And saying he's not making sense was in reference to the lack of cohesion in his statements that resulted mostly from the incorrect use of the first person.

http://papyr.com/hypertextbooks/comp1/coherent.htm
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/3737/which-of-these-sentences-use-the-correct-grammar

I do not insult people.

Once again, Everything I have stated thus far has been factual and/or true and has not contained any personal attacks, such as the insults others on here have restored to using.

Wirelessly posted

Jake, all the best with your decision mate. Do what's best for YOU! ;)

Wirelessly posted

Edited: doubLe post sorry - wireless did it.

Last edited:
Yes, all the best to you Jake. We hope you make the decision you feel is best for you.

Last edited:
Yo noob.

First: in red - I never said "NOT human beings". Comprede? So much for telling me not to twist things.

Second, In bold - are you saying some people require help? Do you require help? If you view yourself as requiring help to be equal to others, you are viewing yourself as inferior. Its as simple as that.

You did say not equal, i took it the same as not human enough as a human being

and people do require do if they want the help. For my situation, I have a technology that helps me hear (implant). But someone else, they do choose not to use the implant.

Of course some people are not equal with others. For example, a mental person cant help themselves, but with help and needs they can receive, we can make them equal as much as possible.

some people aren't equal as others. But I didnt say my deafness has caused me to not be equal with others, I just have the help of techonolgy to make me equal. And for those who decided not to get an implant are equal as well as they have the help of sign lanague and other needs just like I have help and needs to get the "normal human being"

and people do require do if they want the help. For my situation, I have a technology that helps me hear (implant). But someone else, they do choose not to use the implant.

Of course some people are not equal with others. For example, a mental person cant help themselves, but with help and needs they can receive, we can make them equal as much as possible.

some people aren't equal as others. But I didnt say my deafness has caused me to not be equal with others, I just have the help of techonolgy to make me equal. And for those who decided not to get an implant are equal as well as they have the help of sign lanague and other needs just like I have help and needs to get the "normal human being"

Please do not take what I say out of context next time, ok? I forgive you this time.

would you go tell a "mental person" (using what you typed) that they are not equal?

Thank You very Much!

Thank You for clarifying what you meant and what you said. :) :) :)

Last edited:
This is an odd set of statements, jpc, and maybe I'm misunderstanding you. But, a CI has nothing to do with learning or the brain, it provides access to sound, not an education. A CI doesn't repair damage, there are no nanocytes sent out to rewire brain activity.

As for your facts, are you saying that many Deaf people have inactive or non-functioning temporal lobes? :O !! Or did you mean that deaf "auditory cortices" are generally inactive and don't respond to stimuli when presented? Because I've seen several studies that show very different results from this.

:eek3: holy cow. Please stop bombarding me with your scary string of psycho PMs. Even not counting the repeated messages with your errors "corrected," it's far, far too much. I'm not interesting in being your pen pal and no, I'm not going to provide you with my university transcripts.:ugh2:

Gotta disagree with one point. CI has a lot to do with the brain. The whole purpose is to get sound stimuli to the brain where it can be processed. The ability to process to meaning is everything to do with the brain, not the CI.

Please do not take what I say out of context next time, ok? I forgive you this time.

would you go tell a "mental person" (using what you typed) that they are not equal?

the mental person would probably hate to hear that theyre mental which is why you dont go around saying "your deaf!" to a deaf person. Things such are meant to kept to yourself.

But the mental person would have to require help and need to live the human being life

the mental person would probably hate to hear that theyre mental which is why you dont go around saying "your deaf!" to a deaf person. Things such are meant to kept to yourself.

But the mental person would have to require help and need to live the human being life

It falls on the deaf ears.... next time maybe.

posters_foot_in_the_mouth.gif

This pictue of a little boy with his foot in his mouth and it says " a closed mouth gathers no foot"

auditory lobes

I did not say temporal lobes. I said auditory lobes. The portions of that region in the brain that deal specifically with auditory perception. You do realize that there are sub-regions within the temporal lobe that deal specifically only with auditory perception?

Iam proud to be deaf : shrugs :

Back