Powerful Winter Storm to hit the Northeastern states

37863.jpg

This is so true and applies to Florida too. We freeze at 40 degrees! (or at least I do..)

I remember when I lived in Chicago, whenever it went from 0 to 30 degrees, 30 degrees was a great temperature and it felt so warm! But now that I've lived in Florida for awhile, 40 degrees is freezing. SMH...

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone)

MangaReader said:
37863.jpg

This is so true and applies to Florida too. We freeze at 40 degrees! (or at least I do..)

I remember when I lived in Chicago, whenever it went from 0 to 30 degrees, 30 degrees was a great temperature and it felt so warm! But now that I've lived in Florida for awhile, 40 degrees is freezing. SMH...

I went out at 4:30 this morning, and it was -2, but when I went food shopping, it was about 10, and when I got back home about 90 minutes later, it was 14, and around 7:30-8 this morning it was -8.

Last edited:
We definitely got so much more snow than expected. This was this morning in the front of my house. Now the winds and the bitter temps have hit.

WOW it's so, so pretty!!!!

We have a wood stove and it is so much better than our fireplace was. Also, can cook on top of it if necessary. When we're burning wood we also put a pot of water on top to humidify the air.

Old picture:

http://www.alldeaf.com/400127-post10.html

Was your stove inserted into the fireplace?

Ooops, just reread so I kinda doubt now that it is an insert unless it isn't in too far....

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone)

Just what I DIDN'T want to hear. The Chicago area has not one, but TWO winter advisories, both with similar wording.

Right now, the next storm is due to begin around 6 tonight all the way through midnight Monday morning, and they're saying another 3-5 inches is possible, in addition to the 10+ we've already gotten this week. Looks like it's time to hit the streets again. :(

Was your stove inserted into the fireplace?

Ooops, just reread so I kinda doubt now that it is an insert unless it isn't in too far....
Our house was built with a traditional fireplace. The area covered by the dark surround is the original fireplace opening. We added the wood stove later. It is partially recessed into the fireplace, using its flue up the chimney. Our chimney is brick all the way up, inside and out.

Today I split a cord of wood and set it on the porch. I am bracing myself for Monday and Tuesday, when it will be minus ten and then get COLD!

Just update as of today, top 5 snowiest cities for this winter season.

1. Erie, PA...........75.4"
2. Syracuse, NY....51.8"
3. Rochester, NY...47.0"
4. Buffalo, NY.......45.3"
5. Billings, MT.......40.0"

Just enjoyed an hour and 15 min walk in the snow with my dog. What a great workout!

The Eagle/ Saint's game looked like it was friggin freezing. Burrrrrr
Tomorrow 49ers/Green Bay in Green Bay will be super friggin freezing.

Here in CA 43 degrees at 10pm.

The Eagle/ Saint's game looked like it was friggin freezing. Burrrrrr
Tomorrow 49ers/Green Bay in Green Bay will be super friggin freezing.

Here in CA 43 degrees at 10pm.

30 at 11:57 PM.

Tomorrow's high will be 12, and tomorrow night's low will be -16 degrees.

Monday, for the 24-hour span, it says it'll be -11 throughout the day and night.

Tuesday's high will be 2 degrees, the low will be 1.

Fast forward to Friday the 10th. They say it'll be 37 for a high, and 26 for a low.

Then Sunday the 12th will see a high of 42 and a low of 28.

Monday the 13th will see a high of 41, and a low of 26, and it doesn't look like it's gonna get this cold again for a while.

Weather don't bother me and I hang out with my friend and took a pictures of birds at outside during light snow.

Weather don't bother me and I hang out with my friend and took a pictures of birds at outside during light snow.

Not even below zero temps? Most people would rather stay inside and snuggle up and stay that way until it warms up again.

:wave:well - tomorrow here: - 25 to - 50 <below> windchill.....
they started announcing school and business closings yesterday.

we have a wood fireplace, have been using neighbor's wood that they no longer need but already had stacked. they converted to gas fireplace, which we had in the previous house.

Back