Powerful Winter Storm to hit the Northeastern states

we are gettin hit big time right now.
wicked. i'm gonna run out in the storm naked and sign to the wind the epic signs of my culture..........

PIC OR BAN!:giggle:

It's in the low 40's here now...supposed to be 20 degrees tonight and a hard freeze for 2 days....I'm not a happy camper as I've got a zillion things to do tomorrow....and my flip=flops are gonna be lonely as I'm gonna wear boots...anyhow, our Cat loves my flip=flops...Key West looks better everyday....

It's in the low 40's here now...supposed to be 20 degrees tonight and a hard freeze for 2 days....I'm not a happy camper as I've got a zillion things to do tomorrow....and my flip=flops are gonna be lonely as I'm gonna wear boots...anyhow, our Cat loves my flip=flops...Key West looks better everyday....

My aunt is unhappy too. She lives in florida as well. She posted the picture of her temperature. hahah

holy smooooooooookes its very very cold out there......hahaha
awesome. no streaking yet alas its the day time, yellow buses are stuck in the snow, i could only imagine the kids tryin to explain what they would see "some naked guy with sunglasses, wavin his arms around in the wind""
so to be a good citizen i did not this time do it, but i will and have done so. as a matter of fact for my web sight (in development and will be launched with much fan fair) i have picks of me in the buck doing kata with my shinken, and doing sanchin kata naked in the snow save but for my shades and toque of course

(sips a fine drink mmmmmmmm)

^^^^^^^^^^^^
banned.png

wow. this winter is becoming a serious business.... at this rate - I'm may have to trade in my 4x4 for Tauntaun

1511185_10103424341020029_724000478_n.jpg

Cant believe some Florida school districts are announcing that they will be closed tmw!!!

Cant believe some Florida school districts are announcing that they will be closed tmw!!!

This is getting bad. It's time to check the weather for tomorrow, and see what that looks like.

Update: Tuesday's weather says a high of 4 and a low of 2, with yet ANOTHER 2-4 inches of snow on the way.

bah.......thats easy this is, hoichi a moment ago. thats the brightest street light in town

2pqpflt.jpg

bah.......thats easy

Easy for you to say. Not the case where ice and snow dominate the winter months and part of March. Many of us would like to see warmer temps, and it IS supposed to warm up this Friday, so there's light at the end, but it's WAAAAY down there. It's too far away to get to.

Some of our schools are opening late tomorrow.

They don't want the kids to stand out at the cold bus stops, especially since they don't have warm clothing. Also, it takes longer to warm up the buildings after a cold night.

Some of our schools are opening late tomorrow.

They don't want the kids to stand out at the cold bus stops, especially since they don't have warm clothing. Also, it takes longer to warm up the buildings after a cold night.

It depends by building size, right? The smaller schools take the shortest time; the larger ones, like the junior high school or high school (or college prep) take longer to warm up, because some of these buildings have different designs, and warm up differently.

Nope, it is all about children safety. Its unsafe for kids to walk to school in this extreme cold.

It depends by building size, right? The smaller schools take the shortest time; the larger ones, like the junior high school or high school (or college prep) take longer to warm up, because some of these buildings have different designs, and warm up differently.

Damn, I missed that view! Blizzard is going pass us tonight. I can't believe I am going to miss blizzard... Hey Frisky Feline, be prepare! I don't know if they are going hit you tonight.

bah.......thats easy this is, hoichi a moment ago. thats the brightest street light in town

2pqpflt.jpg

Nope, it is all about children safety. Its unsafe for kids to walk to school in this extreme cold.

Yup, I know. I already knew that some schools would close. Those here in the greater Chicago area did, too. I was asking if it took longer for larger buildings to warm up than smaller ones, or ones with unusual designs, and I would imagine that it does.

Back