Powerful Winter Storm to hit the Northeastern states

My whole city is shut down , the city hall and COA is closed and MOW ,
meals on wheels are not being delivered to homebound people . Some elderly people only see one person all day and that is the person delivering MOW, that person can made sure their client is OK and has heat or has not fallen on the floor over night. I tried calling the COA , health department and no picked up. I call the fire department business # and they can't do anything until there is an emergency . MOW use to bring more than one meal if they knew a huge storm was coming , I do not know if they do this anymore.
I just hope there is not some elderly person with no heat and food during this storm. I use to be a health aide and I had a client that fell during the night and was not found until the morning, her DR. said she could has dies if she was not found on time. This so upsetting to me knowing people will not being getting a hot meal today, CRAP I gone out in worst weather than this to take care of my clients.

We have someone elderly here, and she has an injured knee (torn MCL, I believe), and she's not able to do a lot until the knee gets into better shape.

oh this snowstorm? NO PROBLEM! :cool2: just dropped off my bro at work

1526633_10103413449287149_2105472649_n.jpg

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone)

Grr. My tablet's accuweather.com app is seriously messed up. I just checked my phone's weather app, and the temps are much better than what my tablet says. It's supposed to get above zero today, and gradually warm up, and there is a high of 32 sometime next week, and then in 7 days, we'll see 40's, with a couple of 42's.

Yay! The snowplow fairy came to my house! (Retired neighbor who plows his neighbors driveways & sidewalks. I still had to go out and clear off my car, which is in the carport & clear the carport & porch. Back in bed warming up my cold toes.
Trying to decide if I want to work from home or go in at 10, when the office opens.

Yay! The snowplow fairy came to my house! (Retired neighbor who plows his neighbors driveways & sidewalks. I still had to go out and clear off my car, which is in the carport & clear the carport & porch. Back in bed warming up my cold toes.
Trying to decide if I want to work from home or go in at 10, when the office opens.

If you have the option to work from home, it's strongly recommended that you do so-- it's probably a mess out there.

We have a snowplow jackass ! Our condo manger hired an outside company to do our plowing and my granddaughter could tell the guy is doing a half ass job .

We have a snowplow jackass ! Our condo manger hired an outside company to do our plowing and my granddaughter could tell the guy is doing a half ass job .

Wow. That's quite some strong language there. This is no time to be insulting people when they may have to make hard decisions with this kind of weather.

oh this snowstorm? NO PROBLEM! :cool2: just dropped off my bro at work

1526633_10103413449287149_2105472649_n.jpg

People are being told not to go work if they do not have in Boston . My city still has a parking ban , you can't park on the streets until Saturday noon . That mean handicap drivers have to park in a parking lot and walk to a store down town or have someone drop them off. I think handicap drivers should be allowed to park close to the store instead of risking falling down.

the wicked, huge, giant, bury me deep snow storm......................

Erie, PA still leads most snowiest town in USA, my hometown earned 5th spot.

That is as of 1/2/2014 and after this storm the ranking may change.

Also, I noticed that I shoved more logs in woodstove than normal, seems winter is colder than normal, so be prepare for high heating bill if you have to pay for them. :(

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone)

Well guess what? The temps just plummeted to -8, and counting. Wish I didn't have to go food shopping this morning....
How often do you go food shopping?

Also, I noticed that I shoved more logs in woodstove than normal, seems winter is colder than normal, so be prepare for high heating bill if you have to pay for them. :(

wonder about your area, -8 degrees as well?

My whole city is shut down , the city hall and COA is closed and MOW ,
meals on wheels are not being delivered to homebound people . Some elderly people only see one person all day and that is the person delivering MOW, that person can made sure their client is OK and has heat or has not fallen on the floor over night. I tried calling the COA , health department and no picked up. I call the fire department business # and they can't do anything until there is an emergency . MOW use to bring more than one meal if they knew a huge storm was coming , I do not know if they do this anymore.
I just hope there is not some elderly person with no heat and food during this storm. I use to be a health aide and I had a client that fell during the night and was not found until the morning, her DR. said she could has dies if she was not found on time. This so upsetting to me knowing people will not being getting a hot meal today, CRAP I gone out in worst weather than this to take care of my clients.
That is a rough situation. I hope the neighbors of the elderly check on them. My brother checks on his elderly neighbor, and we used to check on our's until he died and she moved away.

If each person would check on and take care of just one neighbor it wouldn't be that difficult.

It's harder sometimes when the elderly don't cooperate. My MIL sometimes falls and doesn't get found immediately. She doesn't allow people in her house, and she forgets to use her Life Alert device. She lives in Michigan, so often the snow is a problem for transportation there. She got found by a concerned neighbor once.

Just got the power bill, and it is % 50 higher than this time last year.

I guess if power goes out, you can boil water in your fireplace then make top romain. You could eat for very cheap.

We have a no burn in our community....mean no fires in our fireplaces. I miss that.
That's disappointing that you can't use your fireplace for fire.

We definitely got so much more snow than expected. This was this morning in the front of my house. Now the winds and the bitter temps have hit.

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 8
Back