Post your gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
It went up to $3.93 today :mad:

I remember they had the same problem when gas first hit the $1/gal. mark. The old pumps didn't have enough display places for the extra digit. So, they put handmade signs on the pumps explaining that they were using 1/2 price on the pump but you had to actually pay double the amount shown.

Back then, people had to go into the gas station to pay or they had full service attendants at the pump, so it wasn't too hard to do. (More people knew how to do their own math calculations, too.)

The gas stations also didn't have enough 1's to change the numbers on their signs.

At least we haven't run out of gas like the "good ol' days".

Yes thats what they were going to do use the 1/2 price and calculate. And another problem is the higher price, the meter gears would be wearing out when it moves so fast. When the gas price was cheaper, the meter gears goes slow to calculate the cost but with $4, the meter would have to go very very fast meaning more wear out.

Electronic pumps are more effective but more expensive than classic pumps. Some station owners who operates old pumps can't afford to buy new pumps that costs over $10,000 each!

Yes thats what they were going to do use the 1/2 price and calculate. And another problem is the higher price, the meter gears would be wearing out when it moves so fast. When the gas price was cheaper, the meter gears goes slow to calculate the cost but with $4, the meter would have to go very very fast meaning more wear out.

Electronic pumps are more effective but more expensive than classic pumps. Some station owners who operates old pumps can't afford to buy new pumps that costs over $10,000 each!

It's probably not worth it to have analog meters anymore due to the mechanical stuff.

I think digital ones are much more reliable.

It's probably not worth it to have analog meters anymore due to the mechanical stuff.

I think digital ones are much more reliable.

Yes, because there's not much parts to replace the meters nowadays.

Yes, because there's not much parts to replace the meters nowadays.

Yeah, fewer moving parts to deal with except for the pumps to suck out gas from the tank to the car.

How about switch to count in per liter for analog gas pumps? It need shows convert list that consumers can understand.

Here is $3.59 and I paid $6.00 gas today since I barely have any gas left but when I get my paycheck on Friday then I will pay $30 to fill all the way up

If it reaches $10 per gallon, I'm walkin'

The gas prices here are inching close to $4.00 per gallon for regular unleaded. Yikes!

Argh... the price jumped again today. A few days ago, it was in the 40s. Now, it's in the 60s. Soon, it will be in the 70s. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back