Post your gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remembered when I moved back to Virginia to start my new job of 11+ years in 1997, gas was .89 (yes 89 cents!!) per gallon!! God, I missed these days..

Yeah, it sucks! I wish I could go back in time when gas is only a buck in the 90's

No kidding! When I was in high school, cruising around the mall was the thing to do for socializing. I guess gas must have been SO cheap to be able to afford to drive around a building for hours without a destination in mind! LOL! Thinking about it, why was that so "cool" back then? The dumb things we do when we were kids. LOL1

Yeah, that is what I did too, it was fun, I miss the old times :(

I remembered when I moved back to Virginia to start my new job of 11+ years in 1997, gas was .89 (yes 89 cents!!) per gallon!! God, I missed these days..

Yeah, it sucks that everything in price is going up now

Cal, yea.. who knows about gas prices in future.. wait and see..

do you prefer hybrid or what? just curious ha!

I guess I might want that Flintstones car.. no gas or electric.. All power of my feet! :lol:

Seriously, I probably would get Hybrid but would love to get hydrogen car but probably not possible for mass due to lack of hydrogen stations.

I guess I might want that Flintstones car.. no gas or electric.. All power of my feet! :lol:

Seriously, I probably would get Hybrid but would love to get hydrogen car but probably not possible for mass due to lack of hydrogen stations.

If you get that Flinstotes car, your feet will be burning like hell driving everywhere

I'm thinking of Toyota Pirus Hybrid or Honda Civic Hybrid OR Civic with CNG.

I thought about CNG since my UPS place have CNG station to fill which is easy spot for me to fill in (they have one pump that can pay with credit card). And CNG is $2.59 a gallon there.

I think Toyota Pirus would be a good choice for me and it gets almost 50mpg combined and saves half of my annual fuel cost compared to my Ford Explorer.

Ha.. you've been watching too many cartoons. :D

Low grade gasoline price here in Russia is 19 rubles per liter... that's about $3 per gallon. High grade is 22 rubles which is around $3.50 per gal. The price is high because of weak US dollar.

London is much worse where the price can fetch up to $8 per gallon.

Ha.. you've been watching too many cartoons. :D

Low grade gasoline price here in Russia is 19 rubles per liter... that's about $3 per gallon. High grade is 22 rubles which is around $3.50 per gal. The price is high because of weak US dollar.

London is much worse where the price can fetch up to $8 per gallon.

$8 per gallon :shock:

DVD you glad that you are not in eupro RME! you know what! they get free hosp by tax! they are happy! no wonder.. i prefer to live in eupro ! smile! i wish american copy eurpo! if it did, then we shoulod be happy bec we need hosp , med, blah! so we dont have to pay for it.. here are fk up!

Cal, oh isee! yea toyota hybrid yea.. it good one! i wonder are there any car/truck made more than 100 mpg??? i dont know what is the highest! lol!

wow! cal poor them.. but hyrid or electric car/truck would help.. who knows.. is it?

i wait for something happen to all gas who make that kind of prices which it goes up.. you know i mean.. i was hope they learn lesson about price gas up.. which it should not..

wait and see

Now its $3.99 at sheetz for regular :rl:

New prices swamp old gas pumps - CNN.com

That'd be a big hassle for those classic fuel pumps.
I remember they had the same problem when gas first hit the $1/gal. mark. The old pumps didn't have enough display places for the extra digit. So, they put handmade signs on the pumps explaining that they were using 1/2 price on the pump but you had to actually pay double the amount shown.

Back then, people had to go into the gas station to pay or they had full service attendants at the pump, so it wasn't too hard to do. (More people knew how to do their own math calculations, too.)

The gas stations also didn't have enough 1's to change the numbers on their signs.

At least we haven't run out of gas like the "good ol' days".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back