Post your gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding steady at $ 2.29

$1.17 per litre for gas.

1.19 EUR (US $1.50) per litre for gas.

The gas prices go low to 50% since last October 2008.

Yesterday I went to the gas station and there was a paper taped over the regular and plus meaning it was out so the only left was surpreme so I got that for the price of the regular price meaning 1.93. :D I was so thrilled.

I used to fill up my truck up to 75 to 80 dollars and now 40 dollars. :dance: Ok keep it going down and down and down. LOL

I remmy the price was .83 cent. :D

Now its $2.24 at the gomart its getting better :D

Yesterday I went to the gas station and there was a paper taped over the regular and plus meaning it was out so the only left was surpreme so I got that for the price of the regular price meaning 1.93. :D I was so thrilled.

I used to fill up my truck up to 75 to 80 dollars and now 40 dollars. :dance: Ok keep it going down and down and down. LOL

I remmy the price was .83 cent. :D

Can you say it's 1999 all over pretty soon if gas goes down more and more to less than $1?

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Seems in Iowa $1.69 everywhere, I must fill the car when I am out.

Does the gas stations in Iowa have E85 (85% ethanol from corn alcohol and 15% gas)? How much cheap is it compared to regular gas?

Yes we have it. But at a limited group of stations. It was cheaper, but I have not noticed since gas dropped. I will try to look when I am out later and report back on the price.

But the vehicles to use it cost a lot and it gets less mileage.

The normal unleaded plus is selling $1.69.

E85 is at $1.67 .

Does the gas stations in Iowa have E85 (85% ethanol from corn alcohol and 15% gas)? How much cheap is it compared to regular gas?

My car has E85, but the CLOSEST E85 gas station here in KC Mo is about a 25 minute drive north. Not worth my time/money to drive up there to save 2 or 3 cents.

E85 is a LITTLE bit cheaper, but when you look at long term costs of using E85 vs regular gas, regular gas is cheaper. Why you ask? E85 is CLEANER burning, BUT hotter burning. What this means is you are burning MORE gas than you would with regular gas so that means LESS miles to gallon with E85. The purpose of E85 is to help clean the environment, not pollute as much as regular gas would.

So, if you look long term, you would be saving money by using regular gas because of E85's shorter miles per gallon. More fill ups with E85 because of shorter mpg's, less fill ups with regular gas because of longer mpg's.

Now if you had a HYBRID car with E85, or just a regular Hybrid, then it is a whole different kind of ballgame.

My car has E85, but the CLOSEST E85 gas station here in KC Mo is about a 25 minute drive north. Not worth my time/money to drive up there to save 2 or 3 cents.

E85 is a LITTLE bit cheaper, but when you look at long term costs of using E85 vs regular gas, regular gas is cheaper. Why you ask? E85 is CLEANER burning, BUT hotter burning. What this means is you are burning MORE gas than you would with regular gas so that means LESS miles to gallon with E85. The purpose of E85 is to help clean the environment, not pollute as much as regular gas would.

So, if you look long term, you would be saving money by using regular gas because of E85's shorter miles per gallon. More fill ups with E85 because of shorter mpg's, less fill ups with regular gas because of longer mpg's.

Now if you had a HYBRID car with E85, or just a regular Hybrid, then it is a whole different kind of ballgame.

Diesel is cheaper on per mile but seems too pricey and it used to be cheaper in 6 years ago.

Of course, I prefer regular gas.

Regular and Turbo diesel is HUGE different!

If you got Jetta with regular Diesel engine, you can hit 60mpg easily.

If Turbo around 40mpg.

I know because I once own Jetta Diesel and know the difference. The only drawbacks with regular Diesel is that it only goes up to 50hp, not much power and sorry no automatics for this engine due to low HP. Other is warm time is required before starting engine, on summer time 5 seconds, and winter 20-40 seconds depending on temp.

Believe it or not, there is pros on it, higher MPG yes, and if in winter, inside jetta gets warm very fast, much faster than gas model. That is because Diesel runs on heat not spark plug so they run hotter.

Only improved by 10 mpg, example for Jetta and that's not very huge difference.

Diesel is more pricey in my area.

In july it peaked at $2.19 per litre of regular, now this week it stumbled down to $1.49 a litre (over the last 3 months it came tumbling quite rapidly)

Gee! we are about to hit oil price that would be 1/3 from the all time high record oil price! Already dipped under 50 bux a barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back