Police Taser 10-Year-Old Girl!

it doesn't kill and it doesn't cause damage. I think you're associating tazer with death electric chair and electric prod as torture device. It's understandable but it's not the same.

This method is just another mean of using pain as a punitive measure. At its level, it is similar to a needle prick, slap on hand or face, spanking on butt, or twisting the arm behind.

However for kids with CD or ODD, such punishment only aggravates the problem, not helping at all.

At least, the mayor is asking to have an investigation in this matter.

This method is just another mean of using pain as a punitive measure. At its level, it is similar to a needle prick, slap on hand or face, spanking on butt, or twisting the arm behind.

However for kids with CD or ODD, such punishment only aggravates the problem, not helping at all.
well - the situation got resolved very quickly and peacefully. Problem Solved!

At least, the mayor is asking to have an investigation in this matter.
only for political reason... re-election, remember?

it doesn't kill and it doesn't cause damage. I think you're associating tazer with death electric chair and electric prod as torture device. It's understandable but it's not the same.

Right. it isn't the same. But for me, i am not comfortable to see some lightly electric thingy on kids. I do not know how strong the taser is on kids especially.

Right. it isn't the same. But for me, i am not comfortable to see some lightly electric thingy on kids. I do not know how strong the taser is on kids especially.

it has different setting. this is what was said in the article -

The officer says they then "administered a very, very brief drive stun to her back with the Taser. She immediately stopped resisting and was placed into handcuffs."

the situation ended peacefully without resistance. nobody got hurt. nobody got sent to hospital. everybody's fine and dandy.

Tazing a child solve nothing. This is not the first time that the mother had called the cops on her 10 years old daughter, instead of involving the cops, the mother should have got her 10 years old daughter's behavior problem addressed by a psychologist. I've also heard that the father is going to fight for custody of his daughter, maybe he will do better job for his daughter than the mother. Law enforcement should not be involved in disciplining a child.

Tazing a child solve nothing. This is not the first time that the mother had called the cops on her 10 years old daughter, instead of involving the cops, the mother should have got her 10 years old daughter's behavior problem addressed by a psychologist. I've also heard that the father is going to fight for custody of his daughter, maybe he will do better job for his daughter than the mother had done. Law enforcement should not be involved in disciplining a child, it's the parents job, not the police.

not my problem and not your problem. we have no business in telling her what to do with her child. We'll throw in an advice for her and it's up to her to take it or not.

it doesn't kill and it doesn't cause damage..

What's next? Police taser a newborn for refusing to stop crying? I just cannot believe a full grown police officer cannot subdue a 10 years old without a taser, And for the mother who says it's okay to tazed her 10 years old, no wondered why her child is messed up.

What's next? Police taser a newborn for refusing to stop crying?
:hmm: I don't see why not......

I just cannot believe a full grown police officer cannot subdue a 10 years old without a taser, And for the mother who says it's okay to tazed her 10 years old, no wondered why her child is messed up.
who knows?

j/k about my 1st comment. that's rather appalling.

In 1960's, I was 9 or 10 years old. Newspaper delivery with small truck was anti competition with many newspaper boys (used to ride bike). Small truck is kind like very small UPS truck or old day milk delivery truck. Many kids started threw snowball at newspaper delivery's small truck. I joined with kids to have fun to throw at newspaper delivery truck.

Other day, we saw extra people inside rear truck. They shot us by sling shot. Hit me down. I got hurt on my left side of chest at near left arm/shoulder. Many parents made report to cop. The cop had nothing to do with newspaper delivery.

Cop said that many kids did pest on newspaper delivery. They wanted us to learn lesson and stop to throw at newspaper delivery.

I RATHER THAT THEY SHOOT ME WITH HIS TAZER BETTER THAN SLING SHOT.

When I was 12 years old. Newspaper truck was on way to our neighbor. I was hid behind bushes. It was approx 40 feet distance. I threw little rock to hit big guy's teeth. They did not catch me.

Next few days later, they rumor about bully guy got serious injury on his teeth. My parents asked me, "Did you revenage him back?" My mom said that cost him $3000 for teeth repair. I said, "No, I was not there. You know I was at grandma's house on thursday evening". They never find who did.

In 1960's, I was 9 or 10 years old. Newspaper delivery with small truck was anti competition with many newspaper boys (used to ride bike). Small truck is kind like very small UPS truck or old day milk delivery truck. Many kids started threw snowball at newspaper delivery's small truck. I joined with kids to have fun to throw at newspaper delivery truck.

Other day, we saw extra people inside rear truck. They shot us by sling shot. Hit me down. I got hurt on my left side of chest at near left arm/shoulder. Many parents made report to cop. The cop had nothing to do with newspaper delivery.

Cop said that many kids did pest on newspaper delivery. They wanted us to learn lesson and stop to throw at newspaper delivery.

I RATHER THAT THEY SHOOT ME WITH HIS TAZER BETTER THAN SLING SHOT.

When I was 12 years old. Newspaper truck was on way to our neighbor. I was hid behind bushes. It was approx 40 feet distance. I threw little rock to hit big guy's teeth. They did not catch me.

Next few days later, they rumor about bully guy got serious injury on his teeth. My parents asked me, "Did you revenage him back?" My mom said that cost him $3000 for teeth repair. I said, "No, I was not there. You know I was at grandma's house on thursday evening". They never find who did.

are you kidding!!

are you kidding!!

I am serious to tell true. I never forget "my mom said teeth repair $3000" for rest my life. They shot from his sling shot. That's very pain and bruise. What if, they hit my eye or fingers with rock or big BB. I do not want to be blind and deaf for rest my life.

I threw small rock to hit his teeth. Other day, they did search at near our neighbor. They pissed off and wanted someone pay for his teeth repair. They never find person who did throw rock. It was me.

This sling shot is worst than Tazer. The cop will not shoot tazer at your face. They will shoot on chest or leg. Feel electric shock for very few seconds.

Some people does not know what is sling shot. I show a picture.

daisy-slingshot-p51.jpg

I would have just left her curled up in a ball to sleep there all night. No cops, no tasers required. End of story!!!

......This sling shot is worst than Tazer. The cop will not shoot tazer at your face. They will shoot on chest or leg. Feel electric shock for very few seconds.

Some people does not know what is sling shot. I show a picture.

daisy-slingshot-p51.jpg

That is actually known as a wrist rocket.

This is what a sling shot looks like. Wrist rockets are more powerful that slingshots due to their design.

Sling_Shot.jpg

darkage said:
The cop will not shoot tazer at your face. They will shoot on chest or leg. Feel electric shock for very few seconds.

I beg the difference, there was a story about a 14 years old girl in New Mexico who was hit in the head and her hip by a firing taser dart that the police officer had used on her.

There's another story about a 12 years old girl who was jolted by a stun gun with 50,000 volts by a police officer in Miami.

There are many stories out there where children been tazed by police officers.

Police officers do have tasers which emit a 50,000-volt electric shock, would that trigger a heart attack in those children? You bet it would. I think it's so ridiculous to use it on children who are unarmed.

I beg the difference, there was a story about a 14 years old girl in New Mexico who was hit in the head and her hip by a firing taser dart that the police officer had used on her.

There's another story about a 12 years old girl who was jolted by a stun gun with 50,000 volts by a police officer in Miami.

There are many stories out there where children been tazed by police officers.

Police officers do have tasers which emit a 50,000-volt electric shock, would that trigger a heart attack in those children? You bet it would. I think it's so ridiculous to use it on children who are unarmed.

Yep, you are correct about 50,000 volt. That's pretty high for young children since their bodies are very fragile. I still opposed that taser thing. :mad2: It really bugs me to see the cops using their tasers on young children and elderly people.

In the old days 10 y/o were not beaten or tasered. As I remember it, parents were more strick and neighbors were just as bad if you were at their house and screwed up.

It's obvious that this child has something wrong to make her this violent. It is possible that there is some underlying mental issue or maybe this child has had to deal with being abused and then just snapped. We will never know, but there was no need to taser the poor child. The officer should have called for additional help and for child services as well.

:gpost:

Back