Police: Missouri man secretly exposed partner, and maybe 300 others, to HIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is sad to hear that a man has exposed at least 300 people to HIV through sexual activity. It was bad on the perpetrator's part to have sexual intercourse with people and not tell him he has HIV. It is also bad on the victims' part because they should have not committed fornication in the first place. This is the very reason why marriage is a good thing, given you find the right place and wait until marriage to have sex.

Sorry, I can't believe this is at all the victims fault... Not in the slightest. When you're 18, you're old enough to consent. If you choose to have sex, good for you, if you choose not to have sex, also good for you. However, saying this is the victims fault in the SLIGHTEST just because they had sex is pretty messed up in my opinion. :wtf:

I agree about sad to hear about this man has exposed to around 300 people.

Yes, I'm not interested in sexual intercourse anymore and my last time was in 2005 when I was teen. My view with marriage as love and if I was married so I will not have sexual intercourse unless I need it to reproduce the child. That's not religious reason, it is about my safety and interest.

Welcome back to AD. I know you have different philosophy on sexual orientation (gay/lesbian). I respect your belief, you respect mine.

Thanks for the welcome back, Foxrac. :)

Sorry, I can't believe this is at all the victims fault... Not in the slightest. When you're 18, you're old enough to consent. If you choose to have sex, good for you, if you choose not to have sex, also good for you. However, saying this is the victims fault in the SLIGHTEST just because they had sex is pretty messed up in my opinion. :wtf:

I didn't say it was ALL the victim's fault as I said it is both the fault of the victims and the perpetrator. This is one reason why you don't do things like having sex with a complete stranger. This is yet another reason why fornication is not a good thing! If the victims had respect for their bodies, they wouldn't carelessly have sex with a stranger. Sadly, this is all due to lust.

Thanks for the welcome back, Foxrac. :)

I didn't say it was ALL the victim's fault as I said it is both the fault of the victims and the perpetrator. This is one reason why you don't do things like having sex with a complete stranger. This is yet another reason why fornication is not a good thing! If the victims had respect for their bodies, they wouldn't carelessly have sex with a stranger. Sadly, this is all due to lust.

So you're saying by having sex when you're not married.... you don't respect your body? Really? Because I definitely respect my body.... I don't go sleeping around with everyone, but I've had my experiences, and they certainly don't mean I'm disrespecting my body. Humans as a species have sex for enjoyment, not like a lot of the animal kingdom that has it solely to reproduce.... it is an enjoyable act ( sometimes :laugh2: ) but it is not disrespectful to your body to have sex with someone you're not married to, or don't know! These days, yes people should be very careful with the things that are floating around but that's why there is protection. Engaging in a sexual act with someone you may just be physically attracted to is definitely not bad! What if someone doesn't want to get married? I don't want to get married, so am I supposed to be abstinent the rest of my life? I can see prostitution being disrespectful to your body... but not sex. Even in the case of prostitution, it's their body, and maybe they don't find it disrespectful. Maaaaaybe there is one that thinks it's awesome! To each their own. ( Not in any way stating I think prostitution is okay, but I do support people having free will and making their own decisions as adults. )

it is form of rape certainly grivous bodily harm..Some guy in greece or italy did this to women on holiday he got jail time

So you're saying by having sex when you're not married.... you don't respect your body? Really? Because I definitely respect my body.... I don't go sleeping around with everyone, but I've had my experiences, and they certainly don't mean I'm disrespecting my body. Humans as a species have sex for enjoyment, not like a lot of the animal kingdom that has it solely to reproduce.... it is an enjoyable act ( sometimes :laugh2: ) but it is not disrespectful to your body to have sex with someone you're not married to, or don't know! These days, yes people should be very careful with the things that are floating around but that's why there is protection. Engaging in a sexual act with someone you may just be physically attracted to is definitely not bad! What if someone doesn't want to get married? I don't want to get married, so am I supposed to be abstinent the rest of my life? I can see prostitution being disrespectful to your body... but not sex. Even in the case of prostitution, it's their body, and maybe they don't find it disrespectful. Maaaaaybe there is one that thinks it's awesome! To each their own. ( Not in any way stating I think prostitution is okay, but I do support people having free will and making their own decisions as adults. )

Many humans do sex for the sheer enjoyment of it. They just do it without wanting to commit. This is the very reason why there are many children that are born not knowing their father or mother because once the lady tells the guy that she had sex with that she's pregnant, the guy runs away or the lady wakes up to find that she's pregnant and didn't want to have a baby yet! It is all about purity and saving oneself for marriage. People these days have a hard time finding love because of lust.

if biggest slut in world what he did was bad tantamount to murder..womans sexual habbits nothing to do with what he did,was it not him that was sleeping around

Many humans do sex for the sheer enjoyment of it. They just do it without wanting to commit. This is the very reason why there are many children that are born not knowing their father or mother because once the lady tells the guy that she had sex with that she's pregnant, the guy runs away or the lady wakes up to find that she's pregnant and didn't want to have a baby yet! It is all about purity and saving oneself for marriage. People these days have a hard time finding love because of lust.

Yeaaaaah, I'm going to have to give you one of these... :roll:

I refuse to get married to someone without having sex with them first... it could be terrible for all I know! :laugh2: But in all seriousness, probably 97% of people in America have sex before getting married. These women that caught this terrible disease are in no way to blame for following a natural human desire. It was completely this mans fault! He KNEW he had the disease and didn't inform even if asked! Again, I don't want to get married ( Not that I can marry in most states ) I'm definitely not going to be abstinent forever to keep my "purity."

Whether people are gay/lesbian or straight, alot of them sleep around. No difference.

Agreed.....and a lot of the reason is simple........they're screwed up emotionally, and they're trying to "prove" something to themselves...
and although there are people who sleep around there IS something to be said for serial monogamy.

There is a lot of genuine good fun to be had falling short of going all the way. I tend to think that it is more practical to be really good at that and save the high risk doings for a long term ogamous.
If the other person is not good and not patient with the almost all the way for a good long time and not finding enough variety in that then what will you get when you go further? It is great protection for both your heart and your physical body to enjoy what is there to enjoy up to needing to use protection. Save getting Aids and all the other stuff for later.

Agreed.....and a lot of the reason is simple........they're screwed up emotionally, and they're trying to "prove" something to themselves...
and although there are people who sleep around there IS something to be said for serial monogamy.
Some people don't want to settle down and have a family. Some people don't want to have sex with a same person. It's legal and of course, it's not a sin.

Yeaaaaah, I'm going to have to give you one of these... :roll:

I refuse to get married to someone without having sex with them first... it could be terrible for all I know! :laugh2: But in all seriousness, probably 97% of people in America have sex before getting married. These women that caught this terrible disease are in no way to blame for following a natural human desire. It was completely this mans fault! He KNEW he had the disease and didn't inform even if asked! Again, I don't want to get married ( Not that I can marry in most states ) I'm definitely not going to be abstinent forever to keep my "purity."

I don't find this funny at all. These women are to blame as well because they willingly had sex with a complete stranger. If they had forethought, they would have avoided this stranger (and any other strangers) at any cost.

Marriage itself is such a beautiful thing and sadly, with how the world is today, most people don't have a good idea what commitment means and it all goes back to how they were raised.

Some people don't want to settle down and have a family. Some people don't want to have sex with a same person. It's legal and of course, it's not a sin.

Just because everyone is doing it, it doesn't mean it is right. Just because the law allows consenting adults to have sex, it doesn't mean it is right. Fornication is a sin. I said a while back that people have sex outside of the marriage due to lust.

Just because everyone is doing it, it doesn't mean it is right. Just because the law allows consenting adults to have sex, it doesn't mean it is right. Fornication is a sin. I said a while back that people have sex outside of the marriage due to lust.
Who said so?

All this talk reminds me of a job I once had where I had to sign a confidentiality agreement.

At the time I was employed, there was a male whom was sleeping around with several different women - and was passing around a STD. Because I was under a confidentiality agreement, I could not warn the women, or I would either be a) fired or b) sued and fired.

I remember being so ... torn ... by this. But my supervisor told me it was not my responsibility to warn these women - it was their responsibility to have protected sex.

So, if you knew a person was sleeping around and was knowingly passing around an STD, would you warn or would you stay silent?

I think there's a couple of different things here-

it's a really sick and sad thing about all these partners of this man, them getting exposed to HIV - that he didn't tell them.. I think protection for all partners is important. But just because the people he had sex with, were un-protected, does not mean they deserved to get HIV.

I do not believe anything about any sin/fornication, though. I don't share that perspective. Don't see anything wrong w/sex outside of marriage between consenting and responsible adults.

Legal? Sometimes. Sin? Always.

All this talk reminds me of a job I once had where I had to sign a confidentiality agreement.

At the time I was employed, there was a male whom was sleeping around with several different women - and was passing around a STD. Because I was under a confidentiality agreement, I could not warn the women, or I would either be a) fired or b) sued and fired.

I remember being so ... torn ... by this. But my supervisor told me it was not my responsibility to warn these women - it was their responsibility to have protected sex.

So, if you knew a person was sleeping around and was knowingly passing around an STD, would you warn or would you stay silent?
How did you know for a fact that the guy was passing around an STD? Did you have access to his medical record? Was he being treated for the STD? Is that why there was a confidentiality requirement?

How did you know with whom he was having sexual relations?

If you couldn't warn the women, could you speak to the guy? Even though you were told that it wasn't your responsibility, were you specifically prohibited from informing the women of the risk?

In this case, would protected sex be safe enough? Or would they have to avoid all sexual contact with the guy?

Were you prohibited from counseling the women about unsafe sex, in general, or just about sex with the one guy?

Sorry, can't answer your question because there are too many unknown variables to the scenario.

I think there's a couple of different things here-

it's a really sick and sad thing about all these partners of this man, them getting exposed to HIV - that he didn't tell them.. I think protection for all partners is important. But just because the people he had sex with, were un-protected, does not mean they deserved to get HIV.
Of course, it's not a matter of "deserving" HIV. The guy is totally wrong to do what he did. However, risky behaviors (indiscriminate sex, drinking and driving, chain smoking, dodging train crossing gates) are likely to bring with them deadly consequences. It makes sense that if one wants to stay healthy, one should avoid unnecessary risks.

I do not believe anything about any sin/fornication, though. I don't share that perspective. Don't see anything wrong w/sex outside of marriage between consenting and responsible adults.
Some people (myself included) do view sex outside of marriage as a sinful act.

How did you know for a fact that the guy was passing around an STD? Did you have access to his medical record? Was he being treated for the STD? Is that why there was a confidentiality requirement?

How did you know with whom he was having sexual relations?

If you couldn't warn the women, could you speak to the guy? Even though you were told that it wasn't your responsibility, were you specifically prohibited from informing the women of the risk?

In this case, would protected sex be safe enough? Or would they have to avoid all sexual contact with the guy?

Were you prohibited from counseling the women about unsafe sex, in general, or just about sex with the one guy?

Sorry, can't answer your question because there are too many unknown variables to the scenario.

Not sure I can answer your questions - legally.

If I am correct, a doctor will tell a person who is HIV positive that he/she can't have sex with anyone without protection. Obviously he ignored the doctor's instruction. That's why he's in a big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back