Pics of you - Part V

Never been skiing in my life, but am fascinated by it whenever I watch it on TV...My guess is that you need to have perfect balance? Strong leg and upper body strength?

I've been skiing since i was 3 or 4. It's not so much about balance nor even strong upper and lower body strength as it is about knowing how to use your body to go in the direction you want to go in. I see people in their 70s and 80s skiing all the time and I even met a 93 year old man who still goes skiing as often as he can.

Although, I have to say the most physically demanding work is skating on your skis a long distance in order to get to the chair lift lineup, that does require being fit! Once you get the momentum going, then it's great fun actually. (oops, don't mean skating on skis downhill, I mean from say the ski lodge to the chair lift).

I've been skiing since i was 3 or 4. It's not so much about balance nor even strong upper and lower body strength as it is about knowing how to use your body to go in the direction you want to go in. I see people in their 70s and 80s skiing all the time and I even met a 93 year old man who still goes skiing as often as he can.

Although, I have to say the most physically demanding work is skating on your skis a long distance in order to get to the chair lift lineup, that does require being fit! Once you get the momentum going, then it's great fun actually. (oops, don't mean skating on skis downhill, I mean from say the ski lodge to the chair lift).

For the 2nd part, that's assuming no one falls. For me, the most physically demanding work is when I wipe out on a steep slope, and losing my skis. So I have to shimmy on up the slope to get my skis and put them on while being on a steep slope. Or if the skis are still on, it's sometimes hard to get up when physically exhausted from wiping out.

And no, I don't wipe out often! ;) Only on the black diamonds....

Never been skiing in my life, but am fascinated by it whenever I watch it on TV...My guess is that you need to have perfect balance? Strong leg and upper body strength?

nope! I have neither! :lol:

Missed skiing....

Skied alot in the Northwest and East coast. It just becomes prohibitively expensive with a family. Although I wouldn't mind trying my hands on snowboarding.

397334_10101179689779109_8825955_66410428_586601088_n.jpg

I need to get real ski clothes

those clothes look pretty real to me. when i was growing up, we used to make fun of the city folks showing up in fancy and very expensive matching ski clothes - us country bumpkins just wore long johns underneath our jeans and wore thick sweaters and vests.

Thats pretty cool, my parents lives in Austria near the mountains, I am off there in 3 weeks, can't wait. I have skied all my life. This time I will be snowboarding. I HATE snowboarding but my friend is a learner so we are going to spend time on our ass having laugh rather than me leaving her at the bottom of slopes on her own while i whizz off piste having good time.... not fair eh... (will keep the skis in the car for when she gets too tired with being on her bum all day and want to have a beer. I rather spend the last hour skiing before hitting the apres ski!

DSC00125.jpg

BuckHuntCowdrayopenmeet2006004.jpg

-sps14310-100.jpg

well im close to toronto. Theres no snow on the ground and its raining. And its 7 degees here today..... such a bummer but fingers crossed!

well im close to toronto. Theres no snow on the ground and its raining. And its 7 degees here today..... such a bummer but fingers crossed!

Argh. We're having our second snowstorm in a week here in Montreal. if I could ask the clouds to head over your way and leave us alone, I would!

those clothes look pretty real to me. when i was growing up, we used to make fun of the city folks showing up in fancy and very expensive matching ski clothes - us country bumpkins just wore long johns underneath our jeans and wore thick sweaters and vests.

bet they fell over alot too LOL

i had crappy sweat shirts, old jeans (similar to what you described) and yet everyone at the track though i was riding a 490 lol, no, its a 200...i get beers given to me in the pits...those were the days....geee now i feel old.....so distant, like it was another lifetime ago...

triumph bike
6734468433_7659543001.jpg

my dream bike
6734474339_723fd168d6.jpg

some weird camera angle and now I'm smaller than that boy
6734474015_62876667aa.jpg

i'd take the Triumph anyday, if i really need a relaxed bike id look at the 'boring' VFR750 the older ones, do it up good put the best tyres on it possible and I'd just ride it slow, fast, medium without any fuss, that's the kind of bike i like. BMWs just not my cup of tea. Italians looks fun but i think they are strung up and too much repairs...costly to own...forget it.

Back