Pics of you - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actaully, your dirtbike riding experiences counts for more than mere 'miles' on the road. it is much harder, you had to negotiate more tricky obstacles, dealt with slippery surfaces of various types, also spontaneous balancing acts are demanding aspects of riding in an off-road conditions. But then again I guess you may meant dealing with unpredictable nature of 'other drivers' on the road and the speed .

Simply put, a rider with dirt bike experiences will better prepared than riders whose never touch an off road track in say a situation of wet, oil spilt tar seal corner that snatch and slide the front wheel from under you, you would have better chance of fighting the bike and wick back on throttle in no time and have the bike behaving, if not winning the bike back you'd still have 'the instincts' trained to judge how you would 'fall of the bike' safely, because in dirt bike riding, since falling off is an expected part of it.

I don't know if I largely agree with your statement. You still need to be trained and experienced for any scenario. Experience and Skill gained from Dirt bike scenario is not transferable to road scenario (maybe just quick reflex and increased attentiveness). because the way I see it - your skill & experience gained from WRC can be transfered to road scenario but it won't work for those who race in Dakar Race. or another example - your skill and experience gained from driving off-road hummer will not work for driving ferrari.

If you insist. It is the same photo on Facebook if you have access to view my profile :)

21obj10.jpg

Thanks Botts. It doesn't matter since few of them doesn't have facebook and can not view my profile. Just in case I posted one here. :)

Looks like a dead animal you're holding up :lol:
But way to go, donating to Locks of Love!

First of all, I recongize that he was hold of dead animal, double check on that picture. Oh it is his long hair. :lol:

wow jake, you remind me of that bloke in scooby doo:lol: only teasing.

hye jiro, yep, off road biking has no comparison to road bikes, i had motocross bikes for years(last one was a KX 420), you can go mad with them, take no heed to your surroundings etc, yes! sure you need to keep your bike upright, but you dont have to worry about going under an 18 wheeler.i drove bikes for years but due to my lack of safety awareness i had to get rid of them before i lost the use of my limbs, but i wish i had sat my test now i am more sensible(slightly) as i do love bikes. tourers anyway not them stupid "wombs on wheels", ye know the race bikes you need to be in the foetus position to be able to ride them, how can they say thats is fun:shock:

Here are these latest pics of me (This was taken earlier today) :)

2009IceStorm001.jpg

2009IceStorm003.jpg

Well I figured that I would put a pic of me up here, yes I know I am hidious...:

Enjoyed all the latest picture :D It's so nice to put a face to a name!

:ty: Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back