PETA Kills

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
For those of you who think that PETA really cares about pets, check this article out...
PETA Killed 97 Percent of 'Companion Animals' in 2006, According to VDACS

Death toll up to 17,400; overdue report describes PETA's deadliest year ever

WASHINGTON, Jan. 10 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An official report from People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), submitted nine months after a Virginia government agency's deadline, shows that the animal rights group put to death more than 97 percent of the dogs, cats, and other pets it took in for adoption in 2006. During that year, the well-known animal rights group managed to find adoptive homes for just 12 pets. The nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) is calling on PETA to either end its hypocritical angel-of-death program, or stop its senseless condemnation of Americans who believe it's perfectly ethical to use animals for food, clothing, and critical medical research.

Not counting animals PETA held only temporarily in its spay-neuter program, the organization took in 3,061 "companion animals" in 2006, of which it killed 2,981. According to Virginia's Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS), the average euthanasia rate for humane societies in the state was just 34.7 percent in 2006. PETA killed 97.4 percent of the animals it took in. The organization filed its 2006 report this month, nine months after the VDACS deadline of March 31, 2007.

"Pet lovers should be outraged," said CCF Director of Research David Martosko. "There are thousands of worthwhile animal shelters that deserve Americans' support. PETA is not one of them."

In courtroom testimony last year, a PETA manager acknowledged that her organization maintains a large walk-in freezer for storing dead animals, and that PETA contracts with a Virginia cremation service to dispose of the bodies. In that trial, two PETA employees were convicted of dumping dead animals in a rural North Carolina trash dumpster.

Today in Southampton County, Virginia, another PETA employee will face felony charges in a dog-napping case. Andrea Florence Benoit Harris was arrested in late 2006 for allegedly abducting a hunting dog and attempting to transport it to PETA's Norfolk headquarters.

"PETA raised over $30 million last year," Martosko added, "and it's using that money to kill the only flesh-and-blood animals its employees actually see. The scale of PETA's hypocrisy is simply staggering."
Center for Consumer Freedom :: PETA Killed 97 Percent of 'Companion Animals' in 2006, According to VDACS

This is awful.

I've never really liked PETA because I always knew that they were doing dirty business.

I've had to deal with students at NTID/RIT getting extremely emotional with their support for PETA and verbally attacking other students who didn't care for pets. "PETA is the best place for pets. We should help them!"

Well, PETA actually sucks. Other people do a better job than PETA. :roll:

Yes, I've known about PETA's methods for a while. Not good.

First, the headline is inaccurate. It implies that 97% of pets in the United States (or in the world) were killed.

Second, it's important for people to know what the Center for Consumer Freedom is. It's a deceptively named group that was founded with money from the tobacco industry. (For more information, visit SourceWatch or ConsumerDeception.org.) The CCF's goal was to put a positive spin on smoking. When that failed, they moved to other industries and are now funded by the restaurant, alcohol, meat and dairy industries.

The CCF opposes Mothers Against Drunk Driving. And their MO is to try to discredit those groups that oppose the CCF. Peta is one of those groups because it cares about animals and doesn't want people to murder them for food.

Even if you disagree with Peta -- and I know a lot of people do -- please realize that even some animal-rights groups do not agree with everything Peta does. So if you hate Peta, look into supporting less-outrageous animal-rights groups like Vegan Outreach or Farm Sanctuary.

The bottom line is that we all care about animals and don't want to see them suffer.

--------------------------
Like animals? A vegetarian saves the lives of approximately 95 animals every year | ChooseVeg.com
Wanna lose weight? Vegetarians Have Lower Rates of Obesity and Lower Risk of Type 2 Diabetes | ChooseVeg.com
Care about the environment? Eating Meat Contributes to Global Warming | ChooseVeg.com

My goodness I wish there is a way to get this situation solved. Poor animals. I do love pets.

My goodness I wish there is a way to get this situation solved. Poor animals. I do love pets.

Yep, me too. So many people out there abandons their pets or let them run loose or run away others abuse pets like not feeding them or giving them water and other use them for animals fight for money. So many people abuse their pets that end up in pound, peta and SPCA. It really terrible thing.

PETA is a scary business .. it is an opposite of a good business. It can fool you and anyone. I once read the article about the baby polar bear that was rescued by the one of the zookeepers because the mom rejected and nearly killed it. The PETA thinks the baby should be killed -- as if it is natural thing to do. Ahhh if I can't take care of my own child... would I kill him or her? No... I will let one of my family member to take care of the baby or ... adoption.

I support no-kill animal shelters ... not sure about ASPCA because of the enthusania (sp).

Please spay or neuter your pets .. otherwise the puppies may be ended up in the wrong place!

Hmmmm. Volume isn't necessarily an indicator of reliability, but I've seen a lot of good sense in what I've read of VamPyroX's 20,0000-plus posts, but I note this is AnimalLover's first post, so I tend to place more trust in what I know.

I also know that the vast majority of avid PETA supports have a lot of money but don't want any of it to be used for the benefit of people.

Snug and safe in their man-made shelter in whatever metropolis they dwell, they want to force their affected tastes for veggies on the rest of the world. They would be the first to whine and beg for protection in a natural environment where people are much lower in the food chain.

It's not really about loving animals. It's about despising people.

Sheesh.. I'm not surprise. I never like PETA at all.

It's pretty difficult for my family to trust, since it's "legally" thing to do harm those pets and animals FOR MONEY. GEE! =/

First, the headline is inaccurate. It implies that 97% of pets in the United States (or in the world) were killed.

Second, it's important for people to know what the Center for Consumer Freedom is. It's a deceptively named group that was founded with money from the tobacco industry. (For more information, visit SourceWatch or ConsumerDeception.org.) The CCF's goal was to put a positive spin on smoking. When that failed, they moved to other industries and are now funded by the restaurant, alcohol, meat and dairy industries.

The CCF opposes Mothers Against Drunk Driving. And their MO is to try to discredit those groups that oppose the CCF. Peta is one of those groups because it cares about animals and doesn't want people to murder them for food.

Even if you disagree with Peta -- and I know a lot of people do -- please realize that even some animal-rights groups do not agree with everything Peta does. So if you hate Peta, look into supporting less-outrageous animal-rights groups like Vegan Outreach or Farm Sanctuary.

The bottom line is that we all care about animals and don't want to see them suffer.

--------------------------
Like animals? A vegetarian saves the lives of approximately 95 animals every year | ChooseVeg.com
Wanna lose weight? Vegetarians Have Lower Rates of Obesity and Lower Risk of Type 2 Diabetes | ChooseVeg.com
Care about the environment? Eating Meat Contributes to Global Warming | ChooseVeg.com

Better to kill them for food than for no reason at all, eh?

And do you care as much for the suffering of people?

also dont support HSUS either - its ridiculous how many of these major animal welfare groups say they are helping but it seems as if they are doing more harm than good, just as much harm as their targets.

I supported PETA for a year or less until I found a booklet of them stating that IAMS would not stop testing on animals. Their action was to send your pet's poop in a plastic bag and wrap it in a box and send it to IAMS. I swear, this was in their booklet they send in the mail telling us about what's going on.

I didn't like that plus I read a story article that a group of PETA supporters stood outside of a KFC restaurant to dump animal's blood on people's fur coat outside of a KFC restaurant.

I did not like this, so I stopped supporting PETA fast. They also sold my mails to other companies resulting in getting many junks.

I support the idea of no testing on animals and avoiding unecessary abuses, but if their action is to send your pet's poop in a box???? Naw.....

Back