Oy! Teacher Tells Student He Could Be Arrested for Talking Badly About Obama

The whole thing is moot....something that took place almost 50 years ago. Not even worth the dialogue or discussion. An attempt that backfired badly.

Do you know that teacher has rights to tell students to refrain from political discussion in the class? If not then they can be disciplined for disrespect.

Sounds like the teacher was disrespectful, ignorant and prideful! She was yelling!

Sounds like the teacher was disrespectful, ignorant and prideful! She was yelling!

Yes, she was disrespectful, ignorant and berated her student. Reminds me of similar incident 4 years ago on YouTube of a teacher berating a student for not wanting to vote/choose Obama.

Who cares... :dunno:

A teacher is supposed to uphold and support the law. A teacher is supposed to know better. A teacher is not supposed to lose their temper in class. Freedom of speech is not hate! A teacher is supposed to be setting the example and teaching not filling them full of hate and non-truths! Teach facts not fiction! I care and so should you!

Everyone in America is entitled to and does in fact have freedom of speech as a right! Even the underage!

Absolutely. But I wonder how many 6 year old kids who got spanked for saying "He's a bad president"? :lol:

Wow! What kind of schools did you attend? I never had a teacher use threats or lying "tactics" to control a class. Our teachers never had to "scare" students into behaving. If there was a troublemaker, he got sent to the principal's office.

The special education at elementary school in LA.

In 1st grade, the teacher told all of us in cafeteria so if student throw the food so she will call police with her cellphone and take us to jail. I asked her - are you serious? so she got angry, yell at me and told me that throwing food in cafeteria is illegal and you can be arrested with metal handcuff so she told me - don't cry or she say that she will slap my face so I went sad and so quiet. In class, we are ordered to color the picture so I got too tired to color the picture and I took black crayon to color all picture so teacher told me that she will take me to doctor and get a vaccine for doing bad in school. She grabbed my shirt and took out of class to other class with multi-disabilities so she told me that she will call my parent and move me to other class with mental retardation. I told her that I was sorry about messed up and told me to color the picture again. After color the picture in correct and neat but she puts frown smile on it and told me to show to my parent with signature. I became upset and starting cry but she told stop... and told me that she will slap my face if I did cry so everything wasn't great. In hour later, she took my work to her desk and didn't require parental signature after see the picture with color. There are plenty of bad stories about special education classes.

1st grade was my worst ever and it was most cruelest teacher ever. This teacher worked since early 1970's but retired in about 10 years ago, however it was happened during 1994-1995 school year.

A teacher is supposed to uphold and support the law. A teacher is supposed to know better. A teacher is not supposed to lose their temper in class. Freedom of speech is not hate! A teacher is supposed to be setting the example and teaching not filling them full of hate and non-truths! Teach facts not fiction! I care and so should you!

You know that teachers have rights to tell students to refrain from political discussion in the class.

1st grade was my worst ever and it was most cruelest teacher ever. This teacher worked since early 1970's but retired in about 10 years ago, however it was happened during 1994-1995 school year.
Whoa! Did you tell your parents about that?

The teacher is a bad woman. No, it doesn't sound right. The teacher is a bitch. Yeah, it sounds better.

I am asking you kindly not to try to change me.

I didn't try to change you. I'm simply asking you which you are free to disregard.

Whoa! Did you tell your parents about that?

Yup, I tried but they didn't understand about what I was saying.

I had huge communication deficit and my grammar was really terrible.

Back