Votes: 19 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Maybe or sometimes

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What contract? What are you talking about?

I said that they are combined for recess and that they use ASL, not that it is taught.

Call tomorrow. You will owe me an apology.

They combine for lunch, recess, gym, etc. and those are all in ASL. Directly from your post.

And I have already posted the information directly from their handbook and their admissions department. As well as the academic dept. I seriously doubt that I will be told anything over the phone that contradicts what they provide in writing.:cool2:

Odd...no "Director of CI Program" listed in their staff directory.

Odd...no "Director of CI Program" listed in their staff directory.

Actually, I see that there is a woman named Mary Ann Kinsella-Meiser. It says that she is the "CI Coordinator" and that she is part of "Administration"

Yes, FJ, I already posted that info several posts back. Go back and read them. It is the language of instruction for that specific class only. It is not curriculum wide, nor is it limited to CI users.:roll:

That is your interpretation.

That is your interpretation.

No, it is not my interpretation. It is fact. All you have to do is read it.

The only interpretation going on here is on your side. You are picking and choosing sentences out of context in an attempt to get them to say what you want them to say, instead of reading what is actually there.

No, it is not my interpretation. It is fact. All you have to do is read it.

The only interpretation going on here is on your side. You are picking and choosing sentences out of context in an attempt to get them to say what you want them to say, instead of reading what is actually there.

It speaks about "oral apprach" classes, says that spoken language is the language of instruction. You think that means one thing, I have spoken to the school and know it is otherwise.

It speaks about "oral apprach" classes, says that spoken language is the language of instruction. You think that means one thing, I have spoken to the school and know it is otherwise.

We'll find out soon enough. I have already contacted the school.

Just because you have spoken to the school doesn't mean that you have an understanding of what you were told. I would suspect that you hear what you want to hear in the same way that you read what you want to read.

We'll find out soon enough. I have already contacted the school.

Just because you have spoken to the school doesn't mean that you have an understanding of what you were told. I would suspect that you hear what you want to hear in the same way that you read what you want to read.

I can not wait. :D You will commit to responding to this thread with the information as soon as you receive it? Are you emailing or calling?

Ditto.
And the question remains is that is it the methodology that creates the sucess, or the type of people who are attracted to AVT?
It really does seem like a large percentage of the people who opt for AVT for their kids, are the kind who tend to be stereotypically "suburban high achiever" types. Note to rick.....I'm not saying ALL oral families are like that....just saying that it does seem like the suburban high acheiver is overrepresented in this population. In other words, this is a population that would have done well with ANY methodology, due to EXTREMELY high parental involvement. (ie we need to get wittle Smashlie into the RIGHT nursery school so she can go to Name Brand University).........And rick....I know you've attacked me in the past on that.....but I would have to say that the percentage of families that are working class or not easily well off (ie not lawyers or other types of professionals) represented in AG Bell and Auditory Verbal Methodology is probaly very small......and represents the kids who have a nautrual apittute for oral communication. (and even back in the 60's and 70's and even the 80's there were kids with a nautral apititue for oral communication)

No where does DD state that she is opposed to parental involvement. Parental obsession is another story.

I beg your pardon? See the bolded part. :roll:

I can not wait. :D You will commit to responding to this thread with the information as soon as you receive it? Are you emailing or calling?

Of course I will post any information I receive. I will, in fact, be quite anxious to do so. And I have emailed 3 Administrators, and SLP, and the director of student support. I will follow up with phone calls. However, I oringinally used email so that I could cut and paste exactly from the replies.

I beg your pardon? See the bolded part. :roll:

That in no way states that she is opposed to parental involvement. She is merely referring to the level of parental involvement that can be observed in a specific group.

Ditto.
And the question remains is that is it the methodology that creates the sucess, or the type of people who are attracted to AVT?
It really does seem like a large percentage of the people who opt for AVT for their kids, are the kind who tend to be stereotypically "suburban high achiever" types. Note to rick.....I'm not saying ALL oral families are like that....just saying that it does seem like the suburban high acheiver is overrepresented in this population. In other words, this is a population that would have done well with ANY methodology, due to EXTREMELY high parental involvement. (ie we need to get wittle Smashlie into the RIGHT nursery school so she can go to Name Brand University).........And rick....I know you've attacked me in the past on that.....but I would have to say that the percentage of families that are working class or not easily well off (ie not lawyers or other types of professionals) represented in AG Bell and Auditory Verbal Methodology is probaly very small......and represents the kids who have a nautrual apittute for oral communication. (and even back in the 60's and 70's and even the 80's there were kids with a nautral apititue for oral communication)

deafdyke - You do not have to have money to have EXTREMELY high parental involvement. In fact the way that you are choosing to describe EXTREMELY high parental involvement, reads to me as no parental involvement at all, but rather "out sourcing". You seem to suggest that families with lower incomes, cannot be high achieving.

Oh, and Maryland is also open to auditory training, why isn't that "in direct opposition to their bi-bi philosophy"?

deafdyke - You do not have to have money to have EXTREMELY high parental involvement. In fact the way that you are choosing to describe EXTREMELY high parental involvement, reads to me as no parental involvement at all, but rather "out sourcing". You seem to suggest that families with lower incomes, cannot be high achieving.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? It thoroughly amazes me how some of you can insert meaning and wording that is not there.:roll:

Oh, and Maryland is also open to auditory training, why isn't that "in direct opposition to their bi-bi philosophy"?

I have already explained that you, not once, not twice, but numerous times; several of them in this thread.

As I said, we will have clarification as soon as my emails are answered.

Well, lets see. If the credentials after her name are accurrate, she is not in charge of curriculum or academics, but of adjunct services. You are still maintaining that spoken English is used in the classroom 90% of the time aren't you?

I am saying that there is a Cochlear Implant Program. Do you continue to deny that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back