Votes: 19 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Maybe or sometimes

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not wait. :D You will commit to responding to this thread with the information as soon as you receive it? Are you emailing or calling?

FJ,

Don't you get it, it does not matter what you say or the proof you present. Heck, it will not matter what the lady at the schools tells her for she will not listen for in her mind she is always right. She is the energizer bunny of arguing--she just keeps arguing, arguing and arguing.
Hope you had a nice Mom's Day!

Note to DD - Your point is so boring and wrong. Is it possible for you to come up with some new material? Good parents exist at every socio-economic level. Involved parents who want the best for their child is what we need more of!

Define exactly what you mean by that.

I am not defining it, they are. I say that they have a program that they call a "cochlear implant program", and that she is the director of said program.

Note to DD - Your point is so boring and wrong. Is it possible for you to come up with some new material? Good parents exist at every socio-economic level. Involved parents who want the best for their child is what we need more of!

For real. Apparently I am an over-involved, obsessive parent, and I promise we are POOR! :D

I am not defining it, they are. I say that they have a program that they call a "cochlear implant program", and that she is the director of said program.

I am asking you to define what you mean by "CI program". Tell me exactly what you believe that program to entail.

My mom was involved and she was a single mom earning minimum wage. Maybe DD is talking about those families who come from blue blood and old money? :dunno:

I am asking you to define what you mean by "CI program". Tell me exactly what you believe that program to entail.

You said that I was wrong and that there was no CI program. I gave you the name and contact information (along with her title from THEIR site) of the director of what THEY call the "Cochlear Implant Program". Regardless of anything else, I want you to admit you were wrong about that.

You said that I was wrong and that there was no CI program. I gave you the name and contact information (along with her title from THEIR site) of the director of what THEY call the "Cochlear Implant Program". Regardless of anything else, I want you to admit you were wrong about that.

Sorry, but that is not an explanation of exactly what you believe this CI program to entail. Why won't you answer the question?

Sorry, but that is not an explanation of exactly what you believe this CI program to entail. Why won't you answer the question?

I believe that it is a program within the bi-bi school that uses spoken language.

Now, why won't you admit that you were wrong and that there is a Cochlear Implant Program.

I believe that it is a program within the bi-bi school that uses spoken language.

Now, why won't you admit that you were wrong and that there is a Cochlear Implant Program.

You are going to have to be a bit more specific than that. The whole bi-bi program uses spoken language when appropriate.

It really isn't a hard question. Exactly what do you picture to be the day's activities for a student in this CI program? What will take place in their classroom?

Because your questions are as vague as your answers. I have already stated, and posted much information regarding the services they provide for CI using students, and for any student that has usable residual hearing aided or unaided. But you keep referring to some vague CI program for CI students only. And you seem to think that it applies to the curriculum across the board, and that there is no one but students using CI receiving any of these services. So you are going to have to be specific about what you mean about a CI program.

You are going to have to be a bit more specific than that. The whole bi-bi program uses spoken language when appropriate.

It really isn't a hard question. Exactly what do you picture to be the day's activities for a student in this CI program? What will take place in their classroom?

Because your questions are as vague as your answers. I have already stated, and posted much information regarding the services they provide for CI using students, and for any student that has usable residual hearing aided or unaided. But you keep referring to some vague CI program for CI students only. And you seem to think that it applies to the curriculum across the board, and that there is no one but students using CI receiving any of these services. So you are going to have to be specific about what you mean about a CI program.

You denied that they had ANYTHING called a "Cochlear Implant Program", you were wrong. They have a "Cochlear Implant Program".

Correct?

I don't know. I didn't get into the specifics of a day in the classroom. I was merely told that it is a program where they use spoken language in the classrooms. A parent I spoke to told me that in her daughter's class they use spoken language up to 90% of the time, but that in non-core classes (and lunch, etc) they are combined with the other students and they use ASL. That is all I know. I have also seen that they are called "oral approach" classes by the superintendent.
And yes, this would be different than speech classes.
The director of my daughter's school likened it to a "self-contained class inside the bi-bi school"

My mom was involved and she was a single mom earning minimum wage. Maybe DD is talking about those families who come from blue blood and old money? :dunno:

I am also the result of poor EXTREMELY involved parents. :wave: :lol:

FJ,

Don't you get it, it does not matter what you say or the proof you present. Heck, it will not matter what the lady at the schools tells her for she will not listen for in her mind she is always right. She is the energizer bunny of arguing--she just keeps arguing, arguing and arguing.
Hope you had a nice Mom's Day!

and going and going and going......

I hope you and your family have had a great Mom's Day!

Indeed they do rick48.

“Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” ~ Elizabeth Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back