openCap theatures laws?

Ice

Reaction score
any laws for this? i just saw the matrix, had to drive 70 miles to DC just to see the damn thing, the theature near me plays a opencap movie like once a month, always packed to the gills too, grrr, u would think that would give them a f'in clue

:shock: drive all 70 miles to DC qq u couldve stopped at the Rockville theater if u are north of DC -- the Rockville theater is right in the Courthouse Square area in the center of the town square (Rt 28/Maryland avenue north (exit 5 off I 270 this i know LOL) if i remmy right and that road takes u right into courthouse square)

if driving from the south there are some locations in VA that has open captioned showing -- i think 1 in Arlington and another in Alexandria -- im unsure where exactly they are sowwy abt that

ERM MY GOD i think every location that has a movie theater ( no matter how small or big it is) should have its open caption in ALL LOCATIONS and ready for the deaf to be there here on my island have NO OPEN CAPTIONED MOVIE GROWL! I wanted to see the new movie on the theaters ( a horror one) and that wasn t open captioned so i always have to wait til the movie comes on veido! GRRRRRR

There's no laws that claim that theaters are required to have open captions or another deaf accomdations.

So far, the movie companies are being generous.

Maybe, they need to figure the amount of deaf fellows in roate of city. Big cities are easy to find theater that have subtitle available.

yea, blows i want to see terminator 3

and it was arlington i went to, i call that whole area DC, i live south of there, rockvillie is alot further i use to have a girlfriend that lived in leesburg and wed go up there so i know the area but damn what a drive ;p

Movies are part of entertainment so it's up to the people that work at the theaters whether they want the movies OC or not. If they don't, then it's their loss. Yes, I do get disappointed about movies not being OC such as movies made by Sony. It sucks but I learn to accept it. If we had our way, then every other ADA laws would be abused and it would put everyone out of business.

Originally posted by Ice
yea, blows i want to see terminator 3

and it was arlington i went to, i call that whole area DC, i live south of there, rockvillie is alot further i use to have a girlfriend that lived in leesburg and wed go up there so i know the area but damn what a drive ;p

ohhhh i thought u were referring to DC itself not the DC metro area -- gotcha :thumb:

Oh please!! Movie theaters are starting to go digital. Captioning should not be a problem anymore if they use digital devices. I can see this in the near future: All the management have to do is to turn the captions on whenever a Deaf customer request it.

Many of the cinema DVD screeners does not have subtitles or closed captioned files on the dvd. :(

I am sure there will be all 100 percent in 2006!!!! Just be patient! YEs, to do all location and TV, Cable, and more etc!

SilenceGold said:
There's no laws that claim that theaters are required to have open captions or another deaf accomdations.

So far, the movie companies are being generous.
He's right... there are no laws. Movies are part of the entertainment industry so you can't expect the government to enforce laws for our own pleasure.

scottw said:
I am sure there will be all 100 percent in 2006!!!! Just be patient! YEs, to do all location and TV, Cable, and more etc!
100%? Nope... not gonna happen. Will never happen! Unless by luck, we enter the Star Trek generation... then it could happen.

Yes, it is Closed Caption might all of this area!!! All location in 100 percent in 2006. But, now, it 95 percent. You should ask ADA about that. I already reading about that US Supreme Court order of the rule for FCC!

scottw said:
Yes, it is Closed Caption might all of this area!!! All location in 100 percent in 2006. But, now, it 95 percent. You should ask ADA about that. I already reading about that US Supreme Court order of the rule for FCC!
Care to show me where it says that? I'll believe it if it was related to educational programming only, but not entertainment purposes.

I had to drive 100 miles to watch open caption movies.. in mpls/st.paul, MN.. that SUCKS!

VamPyroX said:
Care to show me where it says that? I'll believe it if it was related to educational programming only, but not entertainment purposes.

I had no idea what will happen. But, I got my mail for my information about Closed Cation for out to the movie.

Closed Captioning

Hello Everyone,
I am a journalism student at the University of Missouri and I ran across your chat room. I am writing a story about the lack of closed captioning movies in my own hometown. I want to know about your experiences and hope to put your words into my story. If you would like me to use your quotes in my story let me know by emailing apsmqc@mizzou.edu.
Thanks!

My brother work at movie theatre... He said to me that his work has OC once a month... I hope he and I will go move since he work there and get free pass to watch movie..

I rarely go to Crown Theatre Block E 15 to watch a movie with rearview CC display. in last few months ago, My girlfriend and I went to Block E movie to see the movie very good about winter storm goes bad and very deep dangerous frozen over the NY state.

Back