Older Women, Younger Men

I am 26 and a pretty good looking successful guy, I can date all the girls I want my age, but I absolutely love older women, unfortunately there aren't many single ones around here.

I just can't find anyone my age that is on the same maturity level as I am I guess, I don't know, cougars are great though :)

Age is just a number, don't let it get in the way of anything.

I dunno, if there were too big a gap in ages, I'd worry about getting thrown over for some twentysomething hottie whose tits aren't hanging down to her waist! :D

I'd rather have someone who is of my generation, who knows what I'm talking about when I talk about TV shows I watched as a kid, stuff like that.

What gives?

Seems like since I turned 4-0 (oops I gave my age away!), I get so many younger men hitting on me. Men around my age basically stopped and ignore me now. Recently a 27 year old man asked me for a date and I immediately responded with a "You are too young for me." I seem to be saying that lately. Why do I have an issue with dating younger men?

I am curious to see what other women/men here have to say. Often I hear younger men saying that they want a mature woman because of less drama, less games, and that older women know what they want compared to women to their ages.

Yet I see older men chasing younger women - does it means men my age start regressing? Dont they want a mature woman who doesnt dig games, etc?

Should I just throw away all caution and date a 27 year old man (only if he is mature and respectful) or be aware that such relationships would never work due to age gap? Am I doing age discrimination?

Is being a cougar all about what it is made out to be? Seems so many are wanting me to be their "cougar". Isnt that same thing as an old perverted creepy man hitting on a young woman?

Discuss away - am curious to know what you guys have to say/think/feel about this topic in general!

Go for it! You deserve it!

As Reba said--it's a date --not a marriage proposal!

gemma,

what are you waiting for?!?! stop asking questions and date him! how will you know unless you try it? :naughty:

Just letting you know that my husband is four years younger than me. We have been married eleven years so far. No children together except our previous marriages to different spouses with our children. It all depends on how you are happy in the relationship whether you are single or married. It doesn't matter how old you are in the age difference. Just go for it and enjoy dating and have fun. Good luck! :D <very happy>

Where did you get that information? Russia's law to allow marriage after 18 years old or older.

I lived and studied in Russia. I have friends that got married at that age. Also if you go for a walk on any Saturday morning you will see brides getting married that look about age 16-20.

If you like him, go out and have fun. Don't worry about the age difference.

my dad older than my mom he 6 years than my mom!

And also my late Grandfather Bean older than my Grandmother he 2 years than my grandma!

AND PLUS! my boyfriend James is also older than me he one years than me but he born in 1980 and im born 1981 but that fair ages for me.

Can these older woman/younger man relationships last?

In my counseling office, I have seen many relationships succeed with this kind of older woman/younger man scenario.

The media focuses on the age difference, but what really makes or breaks the relationship is how well the couple can form a partnership that works. Age difference is an adolescent worry: When you're a teenager, an age difference of even two or three years makes a vast difference in your experience and your outlook on life. Such a difference can interfere with communication, life goals, outlook, and relationship experience. In addition, for the young, the social reaction to such a relationship is often negative. If one partner is underage, a sexual relationship is even against the law.

But, as you get older, life experience and emotional growth help to equalize your relationship skills and resources. A 10-year or more difference in your ages makes little difference in how well you can conduct your relationship. Don't focus on an arbitrary numbers difference in your ages. If you are getting along, you have good communication and problem solving, and you love each other, that's a precious thing, and far more important than any age difference could be. If other people have a problem with it, let it be their problem.

Whether or not a relationship is healthy is not determined by age differences, but by the interaction between the partners. A 10-year difference is not too difficult to bridge, but a 20-year differences or more in age can lead to some difficulties as the partners get older. For example, the younger partner may mature and reconsider his or her choices, or an older partner may confront aging problems much sooner. But, as long as both parties are adult, and the couple has talked about their age difference and the future possibilities, I don't make judgments about their respective ages.

One inappropriate motivation for dating a younger person is fear of aging on the older person's part. A younger partner isn't going to reverse the aging process or protect you from old age. Obviously, a man or woman who dates someone as young as his or her children is going to run into some social opposition, but the differences that can cause the biggest problems within the couple's relationship are differing maturity levels.

As more and more women choose younger partners for relationships, the question arises: Are women in their late 30s and early 40s likely to be successful with partners who are 10 to 15 years younger than themselves? Success in these relationships depends on what the motivations of both people are. Some older people feel younger at heart than their contemporaries and like to date people who are as active as they are.

Chronological age doesn't always reflect either physical capability or emotional maturity. Sometimes an age difference creates a mentoring relationship the older person advises the younger one on life or career. This can backfire if and when the younger person decides he or she has learned enough, and wants to move on.

If you're asking: "Is it OK for me to have a partner who is much older or younger than I am?" You'll do better off if you forget about your ages and concentrate on whether the relationship works for both of you, or not. What really makes a romantic relationship succeed is the emotional connection.

I don t see anything wrong with older women dating younger men..for years it always been men dating and married younger woman. So why not older women date younger guys. I see nothing wrong with that so far. :)

I don t see anything wrong with older women dating younger men..for years it always been men dating and married younger woman. So why not older women date younger guys. I see nothing wrong with that so far. :)

Nothing wrong with that either. :P I used to date a woman who's in the 40's before. :)

When girl is 15 years old, dude is 25 years old. Friends and family aren't comfortable because it's so wrong.

When girl is 25 and dude is 35. They're just ok-ok (probably awkward) with them.

When girl is 35 and dude is 45. They have no problem with it. Really.

Starting over don't know what to do?

I have been married 30 yrs.My husband left 2 yrs ago but still visits.I don't know what to do.:hmm:

I have been married 30 yrs.My husband left 2 yrs ago but still visits.I don't know what to do.:hmm:

That is a bummer after 30 years of marriage. Along the way through your marriage, maybe your husband was not happy or maybe he is having a mid-crisis age and probably decide to look for younger woman, I don't know. It does happen to long term marriage. All you have to do is trying to grieve over your marriage and then when that is over, just continue moving on with your new life. You will be happy you did that. I hope. :fingersx:

My husband is four years younger than me and we have been very happily married for over five years:) Age is just a number....

Since i m just 34 year old now..and my b/f is 33 age 1yr old apart which not bad there no matter age is it's just follow ur important heart and faith and trust :) GO FOR IT! if you look for YOUNGER MEN never know good in bed :naughty: :giggle: kiddin!

well - my wife is older then me. At the time we met each other, I didnt think of her age and didnt feel anything related to fact she is older then me. basically I felt we were a match due to her personality and looks.:D

So who cares if you date a younger man as long he acts the way you want him to act. I have no idea if you want immature showoff or do you want a very ambitous, sparking personality ? Age sometimes does have alot to do the personality, but at the same time may have the least.

I fell in love with my wife since she acted very mature and honest. Since then we have gotten married and have kids. The added bonus with me being younger is that I might be able to stay around longer for her. Statiscally speaking women live longer then men and there are more older women then there are older men.:naughty:

Gemma, youre not exactly getting involved with someone just getting out of diapers here. 27 is a relatively healthy age to be with plenty of life expirience to throw around. If his reasoning is that the younger gals turn him off with the clubbing, flirting, mind games and whatnot--hes probaly looking for an older woman whos "been there--done that."

Go for it.

Back