Older Women, Younger Men

What gives?

Seems like since I turned 4-0 (oops I gave my age away!), I get so many younger men hitting on me. Men around my age basically stopped and ignore me now. Recently a 27 year old man asked me for a date and I immediately responded with a "You are too young for me." I seem to be saying that lately. Why do I have an issue with dating younger men?

I am curious to see what other women/men here have to say. Often I hear younger men saying that they want a mature woman because of less drama, less games, and that older women know what they want compared to women to their ages.

Yet I see older men chasing younger women - does it means men my age start regressing? Dont they want a mature woman who doesnt dig games, etc?

Should I just throw away all caution and date a 27 year old man (only if he is mature and respectful) or be aware that such relationships would never work due to age gap? Am I doing age discrimination?

Is being a cougar all about what it is made out to be? Seems so many are wanting me to be their "cougar". Isnt that same thing as an old perverted creepy man hitting on a young woman?

Discuss away - am curious to know what you guys have to say/think/feel about this topic in general!

Well, I'm not sure about men 'regressing' so much. I'm not sure why they do it, honestly. My husband is 39 and I am...23. Yup. That's right. And it works. It really does. But it doesn't always, of course. I do think you have to be more careful in this situation. I say, date a younger man only if you are comfortable with doing it. If he seems mature for his age, and really interested in you, then I don't see what a movie/drink/dinner/whatever will hurt. But you have to be comfortable with it. Age gaps do get comments. That I promise you. I have had people who were complete strangers asking me about it and advising me to be careful. Of course, I tend to look young for my age (when I'm not chubby with preggy fat). But people tend to be very disrespectful about age gaps. That SHOULD NOT be a reason not do to it though. Because, really, you can't let others dictate your happiness in life. If you do, you never will be. I hope I added something to the conversation!

younger

You are just talking about a date not marriage. Not all dates have to be about who you are going to marry. And this is why I prefer younger. In my age group women tend to look at a man my age through fairly mercenary eyes. Do I have a pension, medical insurance, a good living, etc. It is about status and the future and ahhhh!! Why on earth would I go on a date looking down the bore of that cannon aimed at me? I have worked all my life for those things. There is nothing fun for me having all that on the line just for dating. This for women who usually own their own homes and have everything pretty well all set up and are looking for a man to just plug in there. No one is going to just plug me in anywhere.
Dating a younger is a lot more likely to be about enjoying the day and that person. Because when you head out the door you have already come to grips with your thoughts about the future and all that stuff people do that really is not conducive to a good time or helps create a phony time. You throw that out before you walk out the door.

Back