Ohio man excuted after vulgar last gesture

its better to put him out of his misery anyways..if i had a dog that was attacking and killing other things, i would have him put down..and i wouldnt want this guy having even the slightest chance of getting out. keeping him alive in prison only wastes money and resources on someone who simply cannot be fixed. anyone that is at risk of killing/molesting people should be put down for everyone elses safety.

:shock: I am not in favor of the death penalty for mentally ill murderers nor have I ever been in favor of it for the mentally ill though I have been for it for heinous crimes in the past till recently.

I would not the guy free for a long time. I'd be in favor of mental health treatment and if he's deemed fit to serve in prison, have him serve out the remaining time of his sentence.

well, frankie isnt going and blowing away people, right?

that aside, i dont care who it is..if they are at risk of killing someone, they dont need to be here.

Even when that risk is totally dependent upon an illness they do not suffer by choice?

:shock: I am not in favor of the death penalty for mentally ill murderers nor have I ever been in favor of it for mentally ill though I have been for it for heinous crimes in the past till recently.

I would not the guy free for a long time. I'd be in favor of mental health treatment and if he's deemed fit to serve in prison, have him serve out the remaining time of his sentence.

No one has said he did not need to be incarcerated and never set a free foot on ground again.

its a valid point, i dont mind..it is what makes for a good debate!

Ok! Lol. I stop be offended on your behalf then. :lol:

I prefer to think that ALL human life has value. If you stop and think, I would hope that you would too.

Not all human life have value, no. I am very anti-capital punishment EXCEPT for child molesters, in which case I say draw, quarter those wastes of space. Make it slow, make it painful, make them suffer even half what they inflict on children who can't defend selves.

Even when that risk is totally dependent upon an illness they do not suffer by choice?

that isnt the issue..the issue is taking out anyone who is deemed a threat. obviously i mean in the context of being an insane axe murderer.
im just not very sympathetic..there really is no cure for being a crazed murderer, and i would rather spend the time and money on someone whos not..a crazed murderer.

Ok! Lol. I stop be offended on your behalf then. :lol:

Not all human life have value, no. I am very anti-capital punishment EXCEPT for child molesters, in which case I say draw, quarter those wastes of space. Make it slow, make it painful, make them suffer even half what they inflict on children who can't defend selves.

Who are you to decide which human life has value and which doesn't?

If you add and "except" to your statement, you are not anti-capital punishment. You are for selective capital punishment based on who you decide deserves to live and who doesn't.

We are not discussing child molestation. We are discussing execution of a severely mentally ill man.

a severely mentally ill man who killed some people! seriously, he isnt going to have any sort of meaningful life anyways, and hes a murderer. it was definitely for the best, but they shouldnt have waited so long.

that isnt the issue..the issue is taking out anyone who is deemed a threat. obviously i mean in the context of being an insane axe murderer.
im just not very sympathetic..there really is no cure for being a crazed murderer, and i would rather spend the time and money on someone whos not..a crazed murderer.

I know people with severe cogntive impairment as the result of developmental delays that are considered to be dangerous to others in select circumstances. If, acting on the capacity they have, they injure or kill another, should we execute them? Even though their actions were a direct result of the impact their condition had on the behavior? Even though they would have no concept of why they were being executed?

Who are you to decide which human life has value and which doesn't?

If you add and "except" to your statement, you are not anti-capital punishment. You are for selective capital punishment based on who you decide deserves to live and who doesn't.

We are not discussing child molestation. We are discussing execution of a severely mentally ill man.

Just express my opinion. My opinion: mentally ill people should treated, not killed. And no, child molesters not deserve live under any circumstance. Not care you think this make me irrational, emotional, hypocrite, whatever.

a severely mentally ill man who killed some people! seriously, he isnt going to have any sort of meaningful life anyways, and hes a murderer. it was definitely for the best, but they shouldnt have waited so long.

It is very risky to judge the "meaningfulness" of another's life. What makes life meaningful? Productivity? Life as the majority of society leads it? See where you are headed?

Just express my opinion. My opinion: mentally ill people should treated, not killed. And no, child molesters not deserve live under any circumstance. Not care you think this make me irrational, emotional, hypocrite, whatever.

I think it makes you a person in favor of institutional murder. And very willing to judge others when she doesn't want to be judged herself. I think it makes you someone who applies standards selectively based on her own emotions.

I know people with severe cogntive impairment as the result of developmental delays that are considered to be dangerous to others in select circumstances. If, acting on the capacity they have, they injure or kill another, should we execute them? Even though their actions were a direct result of the impact their condition had on the behavior? Even though they would have no concept of why they were being executed?
absolutely.
there was a case a while back about 2 people who were diagnosed as being mentally retarded..they managed to kidnap, molest, and torture a child and then kill him..sorry, they need to die and luckily, they are going for the death penalty.

I remember reading about a very bizarre case of child infanticide a while ago by a woman who suffered from schizophrenia and she apparently had a severe psychotic break from reality. She kept hearing voices from Satan and ended up killing and eating her new born baby boy.

That one was a very sad case. I did not favor the death penality for her even though that's one of the most heinous things I've ever heard of in my life. I did think she should be locked up for a very long time.

It is very risky to judge the "meaningfulness" of another's life. What makes life meaningful? Productivity? Life as the majority of society leads it? See where you are headed?

what makes it meaningful is not being an insane murdering person, for starters. really, thats about it. you kill, you can just go die somewhere!

On priciple I am against capitol punishment. I don't think putting people to death reduces any crime or criminal behavior. However if my loved ones were killed I have no idea how I would react. But decisions about how to punish crimes should not be based on emotional feelings. Once you put someone to death, there is no going back and saying "oops".

I think it makes you a person in favor of institutional murder. And very willing to judge others when she doesn't want to be judged herself. I think it makes you someone who applies standards selectively based on her own emotions.

Not favour institutional murder at all. Say what you like, I not support death penalty. Not believe government should kill anyone. Is prison justice I talk for molesters.

Who says I not want be judged? Really not care. Judge all you like. Or, continue judge all you like.

absolutely.
there was a case a while back about 2 people who were diagnosed as being mentally retarded..they managed to kidnap, molest, and torture a child and then kill him..sorry, they need to die and luckily, they are going for the death penalty.

Even though, through no fault of their own, they were born without the capacity to fully understand and control their actions? Why wouldn't separating them from society for the remainder of their lives be sufficient if the goal is to protect others from them?

Not favour institutional murder at all. Say what you like, I not support death penalty. Not believe government should kill anyone. Is prison justice I talk for molesters.

Who says I not want be judged? Really not care. Judge all you like. Or, continue judge all you like.

You stated that you believed in captital punishment for child molesters. And that is not even a crime that falls under the capital punishment statutes.

I'm not the one doing the judging. I'm saying none of us should be doing it. Certainly not as a state sanctioned execution.

Back