Obama supporters?

More concealed carry permits only exacerbates the situation, and reinforces the mistaken mindset. Social change and equity is the answer.

The problem with the even more mistaken mindset above is that its utopia-based wishfulness ignores reality.

Since 1992, in counties where "must-issue" policies have been given to sheriff departments and those poicies carried through, crimes of violence have decreased on an average of 1% a year where concealed weapons carry is permitted.

However, in areas where large city police departments follow the liberal mindset to deny those constitutional Second Ammendment rights, crime against people in their homes and on the street have increased.

Electing someone to perpetuate the helpless sheeple attitude is self-defeating.

The problem with the even more mistaken mindset above is that its utopia-based wishfulness ignores reality.

Since 1992, in counties where "must-issue" policies have been given to sheriff departments and those poicies carried through, crimes of violence have decreased on an average of 1% a year where concealed weapons carry is permitted.

However, in areas where large city police departments follow the liberal mindset to deny those constitutional Second Ammendment rights, crime against people in their homes and on the street have increased.

Electing someone to perpetuate the helpless sheeple attitude is self-defeating.

We have quite the way to go before we could even approximate Utopia.

I'm not oppposed to concealed carry permits, per se. I am opposed to the view that concealed carry permits will address the basic reasons that crime is rampant. If one increases requirements for concealed carry permits while at the same time addressing the social ills that create a higher crime environment, then it is not self defeating at all.

Let Obama win then anyone will whine about him. There are always negative. I complain that president of Russia sucks. I complain China sucks. I complain Columbia can't control stupid rebel who kidnapping all host. I complain most in Africa live in past and rape too much time.

We're suppose to help someone outside of US.

We have quite the way to go before we could even approximate Utopia.

I'm not oppposed to concealed carry permits, per se. I am opposed to the view that concealed carry permits will address the basic reasons that crime is rampant. If one increases requirements for concealed carry permits while at the same time addressing the social ills that create a higher crime environment, then it is not self defeating at all.

Enthusiastically agreed. The second ammendment is only one small item on a menu from which we need the whole, and should not -- cannot -- pick and choose.

Well, if you aren't voting for McCain, and you're not voting for Obama, looks like you are not voting. Which strips you of your right to complain about the political consequences that will affect you as an individual.

i didn't say i'm not going to vote. I said we'll see in the final battle and we'll know for sure.

I think I am going to wait for the DNC and RNC conventions to see what transpires....

exactly. I don't care about right now which is why I'm not rooting for either one now. it's all talk and tirade. It's better when it comes to final showtime.

exactly. I don't care about right now which is why I'm not rooting for either one now. it's all talk and tirade. It's better when it comes to final showtime.

Lol, same here but I don't know what more we can learn between now and then when one of our choices will both still be there on the ballot. Is it possible (has it happened before?) that someone else would be chosen out of the R & D conventions?

Lol, same here but I don't know what more we can learn between now and then when one of our choices will both still be there on the ballot. Is it possible (has it happened before?) that someone else would be chosen out of the R & D conventions?

chosen out of the convention? I'm not sure I understand. Please clarify.

chosen out of the convention? I'm not sure I understand. Please clarify.

Ummm, the Republican and Democrat conventions....is it possible that either convention can throw out the current candidate and install another person as candidate for President?

Ummm, the Republican and Democrat conventions....is it possible that either convention can throw out the current candidate and install another person as candidate for President?

ooooh... interesting question... I don't know for sure but this is what I think. Answer is no because anybody can run for Presidency. R and D are just there to support the candidates because they have money, reputations, connections, support bases, etc which is why it's nearly impossible for small party (Greenpeace, etc.) and Independent to actually have a chance at Presidency.

If R & D wants to remove the candidate from their parties but the candidate wants to stay on, that candidate could become an Independent and be kicked out of R/D. DNC/RNC can ask the candidate to withdraw from the race but it is up to candidate's choice to leave.

ooooh... interesting question... I don't know for sure but this is what I think. Answer is no because anybody can run for Presidency. R and D are just there to support the candidates because they have money, reputations, connections, support bases, etc which is why it's nearly impossible for small party (Greenpeace, etc.) and Independent to actually have a chance at Presidency.

If R & D wants to remove the candidate from their parties but the candidate wants to stay on, that candidate could become an Independent and be kicked out of R/D. DNC/RNC can ask the candidate to withdraw from the race but it is up to candidate's choice to leave.

Interesting question too.

I know that in history there has been conventions where it was deadlocked and couldn't agree on who to choose for the nomination.

Good example would be the Republican National Covention of 1919 where it was deadlocked between Warren Gamilel Harding and McDoughtery ( I think ). Anyway after a series of "backdoor" meetings--Harding ended up with the nomination.

The Democratic National convention will be interesting, especially if Hillary Clinton's supporters stage a protest to have her nominated instead of Obama.

These conventions....anything can happen.

The Democratic National convention will be interesting, especially if Hillary Clinton's supporters stage a protest to have her nominated instead of Obama.

These conventions....anything can happen.

Not going to happen. The only Hillary supporters that would try are PUMAs and pretty much outcasts.

Most folks have accepted the Unity thing, including myself. I want Hillary to understand that she ran a campaign that until it turned completely negative (mainly because of her surrogates), had a chance of upstaging Obama's campaign.

Once her surrogates (Ferraro, Penn and her own husband) started with the nastiness, her chances diminished and crashed.

Obama may not have the experience that some people demand but I can say that my own parents will not be voting for McCain and that's a change from a few months ago when they were unsure of Obama. They've never voted 3rd party in their lives.

However, they know the costs of survival and the cost of heating oil and food poses a huge risk to their income.

It will take years for us to see any benefit from drilling and our best bet is to continue to look at alternative energy and what it can do for our country.

America's wrong(right)-wing will continue to stir up fears about Obama's lack of experience and other lies. That's what people do.

When people KNOW that their goose is cooked, they resort to the fear factor to try and reign in their base.

It's not going to work this time. McCain is left to abuse the fear factor because he has nothing of substance to offer America.

To be fair, if he were the John McCain of 2000 (which is long dead), he'd likely poll very close to Obama, if not better.

You'd just have to be an idiot (no offense..seriously) to vote for John McCain.

i hope obama doesnt get it, he's got a muslim background I dont trust him.

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Georgia declares state of war with Russia

Grummer is correct about Obama. Obama's father is a Muslim; therefore, Obama has a Muslim background. In speaking of faith, he is a Christian.

:roll: Do you have a problem with Obama's muslim roots because his African father is a Muslim? OR because Obama's middle name is Hussein?

No, Obama has never been a Muslim, was not raised a Muslim. He never pray in a mosque. He was raised by his Christian mother and attends the United Church of Christ.

:roll: Do you have a problem with Obama's muslim roots because his African father is a Muslim? OR because Obama's middle name is Hussein?

No, Obama has never been a Muslim, was not raised a Muslim. He never pray in a mosque. He was raised by his Christian mother and attends the United Church of Christ.

Don't ever twist my words! I never said I had a problem with his background. You jumped into a HUGE wrong conclusion.

I DID SAY THAT OBAMA IS A CHRISTIAN.

Here's one of my quotations in my post: "In speaking of faith he is a christian.

Here's a good example: I have a combination of Irish, English and French background, but I consider myself as an Irish.

Be careful what you say!

Don't ever twist my words! I never said I had problem with his background. You jumped into a HUGE wrong conclusion.

I DID SAY THAT OBAMA IS A CHRISTIAN.

Here's one of my quotations in my post: "In speaking of faith he is a christian.

Here's a good example: I have a combination of Irish, English and French background, but I consider myself as an Irish.

wow Please re-read my post VERY carefully. I ASKED you 2 QUESTIONS in general way, NOT accuse you in my first paragraph BECAUSE you correct Grummer about Obama's Muslim's background. I expect you would answer my two questions... and agree or disagree with my view over Obama's background in my 2nd paragraph...

All what I see here is you accused me to twist your post... *shake my head sigh*

Be careful what you say!

Oh yes, I can read your post about Obama's faith to Christian. I wasn't realize that you have the problem with my 2 simple questions... wow...

Be careful for not make a false assumption...

FYI: I'm 50% Irish/Scottish! (My father is 100% Irish and my mother is 100% Scottish). :)

Last edited:
eh it's nothing new. Look at Bill Clinton and Reverends with Obama. Should we trust them too just because they were :gossip: :hug: on pictures/newspaper even though they talked badly of Obama behind his back? are they liars and hypocrites too?

http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/55465-georgia-declares-state-war-russia-4.html

Yes, we all aware about the political relationship between Clintons and Obama. It was already public that Clintons were upset and negative about Obama because Obama won. It took them several months to get their anger over and want to support Obama. Obama and Clintons negiotated each other... Obama and his supporters limit with Clintons as long as they support each other well but I don't see anything that Clintons and Obamas together as private but McCain and Bush?

Yes, we awared that McCain and Bush have few policitail disagreement but it doesn't mean that they doesn't get along because they have different political view but their friendship as private seem good... example play golf, etc. :dunno:

exactly! there's nothing to list because he's a newbie! How can I make a list for someone who is untested, unproven, and inexperienced? he doesn't have anything to prove.

I guess that I should fresh your memory when the links of McCain's and Obama's profile doesn't count you.

How can you say he is a newbie, untested, unproven, inexperience etc.?

- Senate Foriegn relations committee
- Homeland Secuirty committee
- Veterans affairs
- 10 years constitution law professor
- grassroots organizer
- State Senate
- US Senate

And respectful, positive manner, mature, good intelligence... and have good connected with Americans and the world, that's an exact kind of experience, I like him in a candiate!

Does Barack Obama have enough experience to be president? - Obamapedia

I think both positive experience and intelligence should be mix together because I beleive anyone who use good intelligence to bright new ideas, moviate, etc... If it's just experience which mean is unchange instead of do something new... that's why I beleive in both experience and intelligence, not just experience.

He made some icky choices on bills such as partial abortion and gun ban.

I personally disagree with Obama's partial abortion plan but Obama never say about gun ban but gun restriction?

McCain's political career - elected to Congress in 1982... became Senator in 1986... currently Ranking Member of the Senate Committee on Armed Services, Ranking Member and former Chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, and Member and former Chairman of the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs.

Obama's political career - Senator... only 3 years... served on on the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee... and that's it? Obama has not passed any major legislation bills. His voting record on bills is unimpressive.

Therefore.... Obama's political career is shaky at best - unproven, untested, inexperienced. I don't care about what bills he sponsored/co-sponsored. I don't care if he talks smart or good. The only thing that matters to me is result. If he can't deliver the result of what he strongly believes in (which I share with handful of his views) such as getting the bills/proposals passed... then he is useless. He's no Bill Clinton.

Sure, McCain has an experience but he is not brilliant man. Example: He said "We are all Georgians today!" He made a lot of assumption against Russia without think carefully...

Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran:
YouTube - Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran

Is it normal? :roll:

I like Obama but I ask - why should I vote for a man (of color) who can't deliver his promises/dream/passion to fruition?

It seem to me that you don't bother to focus his intelligence but his color?

Not going to happen. The only Hillary supporters that would try are PUMAs and pretty much outcasts.

Most folks have accepted the Unity thing, including myself. I want Hillary to understand that she ran a campaign that until it turned completely negative (mainly because of her surrogates), had a chance of upstaging Obama's campaign.

Once her surrogates (Ferraro, Penn and her own husband) started with the nastiness, her chances diminished and crashed.

Obama may not have the experience that some people demand but I can say that my own parents will not be voting for McCain and that's a change from a few months ago when they were unsure of Obama. They've never voted 3rd party in their lives.

However, they know the costs of survival and the cost of heating oil and food poses a huge risk to their income.

It will take years for us to see any benefit from drilling and our best bet is to continue to look at alternative energy and what it can do for our country.

America's wrong(right)-wing will continue to stir up fears about Obama's lack of experience and other lies. That's what people do.

When people KNOW that their goose is cooked, they resort to the fear factor to try and reign in their base.

It's not going to work this time. McCain is left to abuse the fear factor because he has nothing of substance to offer America.

To be fair, if he were the John McCain of 2000 (which is long dead), he'd likely poll very close to Obama, if not better.

You'd just have to be an idiot (no offense..seriously) to vote for John McCain.

I'm not sure about the unity thing yet. Afterall as I stated in my previous post, anything can happend at the DNC and RNC. As jiro123 mentioned in his post:

indeed indeed... there's always first time for everything

In the meantime, I am going to sit back and see what happens. :)

Back