Obama Re-Election Launches With Email, Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question: don't you find it excessive for campaigning to start now rather than next year when it closer to election time?

In Australia, all political parties can start their campaigning exactly three weeks before the election. I prefer it this way.

One question: don't you find it excessive for campaigning to start now rather than next year when it closer to election time?

In Australia, all political parties can start their campaigning exactly three weeks before the election. I prefer it this way.

Three weeks would be nice. This is actually pretty normal here....in fact the GOP is way behind.....one reason I don't think they have a chance.

Three weeks would be nice. This is actually pretty normal here....in fact the GOP is way behind.....one reason I don't think they have a chance.

That, and the fact that they don't have a candidate. They haven't got a candidate who conservatives actually want to support, so much as "someone who isn't Obama". Honestly reminds me a bit of '04. Back then, conservatives were still convinced Bush might not be so bad, and certainly wouldn't be as bad as any of them liberals, but liberals couldn't rally behind any of their candidates so much as they could say "Yeah, but but, look how terrible Bush is!"

As a liberal, that's how I currently feel, at least - hoping that Obama might actually become liberal if we elect him to a second term (when he doesn't have to worry about re-election) while being equally convinced that most of the conservatives (especially any of the "Tea Partiers", on the remote off chance that they get nominated) would be worse for our country.

So, sure, I'll vote for him... but it won't be nearly the landslide it was in '08.

Yes, I do think it's way too early to start campaigning. It distracts from the candidates' real work.

Does that include the "present" votes? :lol:
I kind of assumed they were all "present" votes. :)

Well, since you both think he is doing a poor job, this should be a plus. :hmm:
You got a point there. I always kind of wondered why people complained he wasn't focusing on jobs but instead focused on health care. I mean, he doesn't exactly turn everything he touches into gold. The last thing the jobs market needed was President Obama trying to fix it. I suppose it's better that he messed up the health care industry instead, but that's debatable.

Yes, I do think it's way too early to start campaigning. It distracts from the candidates' real work.

I agree that is way to early for a dem or rep to start but for an Independent that person must start ASAP. It is my position that ALL candidates should be Independent and not follow "the party line" The two parties, rep/dem, have ruin America.

Did the candidates start their campaigning this early back when they had no radio, television sets, internet, etc? They probably had to do most of their campaigning on a train.

Maybe it's a habit that stuck with them to this day. Frankly, I think it is way too early to start campaigning. It should be a month or two at the most prior to the election.

Candidates actually do their own website designing and mass email set ups?

Wow!!! I guess candidates have IT-smarts!

Candidates actually do their own website designing and mass email set ups?

Wow!!! I guess candidates have IT-smarts!
There's more to campaigning than that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back