Obama missed Boy Scouts 100th anniversary

Does he have to justify his reason for not going to the public? Maybe he doesnt want to share.
It would be more honest than making up fake excuses.

Besides, if he truly believed they were a discriminatory group, why would he send them a video greeting for their Jamboree, and why would he invite them to the White House for honor ceremonies?

I don't think Obama believes the Boy Scouts are a discriminatory group.

If that was his true reason for not attending he should be man enough to say so and not make up lame excuses for not attending.

He has, however, honored Boy Scouts at the White House so it seems that he does respect the organization.

I'm not sure which it is. It isn't clear where he stands.

Again, you are assuming that he was not stating his true reason for not attending. That is quite an assumption to make, since there is nothing to indicate that Obama was being less than truthful.

Perhaps he already did, when he mentioned his fund raisers. Maybe that was it. Not everyone thinks the BSA is a big deal; maybe that includes his advisors.

Politics is all about power, and it appears he is working to raise funds to keep his party in power, rather than making a public display at the Jamboree. Americans can count on the Conservatives to call him out for every gaff he makes. If he had skipped "The View" he would probably be labeled sexist. So it goes.

I can only hope the Dems find another candidate in 2012, because this one is doomed. I intend to vote Democrat, just as my way of giving certain people the finger. All politicians lie. Party doesn't matter. So I will just look for the "D" and check the box. Simple. Saves me a bunch of time. The ads have already started, and they are all going right for the throat of the opponents. "Who cares what I will do, the other guy sucks!"

BTW, I was a Boy Scout for 4 years; a Cub Scout before that. Was a Patrol Leader and rank was a Star scout. Also had my first exposure to homosexuality in Boy Scouts, while camping. :eek3:

Exactly. An assumption is being made that Obama was not being truthful, and there is absolutely nothing to support that.

If that was his true reason for not attending he should be man enough to say so and not make up lame excuses for not attending.

He has, however, honored Boy Scouts at the White House so it seems that he does respect the organization.

I'm not sure which it is. It isn't clear where he stands.

It is very clear where he stands. You are attributing posters' opinions of the BSA to Obama.

If he has a son, he might ask his son if he want to join the Boy Scouts. It will be up to the young boy if he want to go or not. If he does not want to join the Boy Scouts, that is fine.

Reba, I am putting the bold on the word IF as what if? I know he has two daughters and no sons. But suppose if he has a son, he might ask him if he want to join same like his daughters if the girls want to join the Girl Scouts. As a matter of fact, I am thinking that the Girl Scouts might be a little bit different than Boy Scouts. I remembered that I only joined Brownies (don't remember how long I have been a Brownie) which might be part of the Girl Scouts, so I don't know. :dunno:

Brownies are girl scouts. I loved to wear that beanie. lol I was a girl scout until high school.

Again, you are assuming that he was not stating his true reason for not attending. That is quite an assumption to make, since there is nothing to indicate that Obama was being less than truthful.
That's why I stated "if." I was giving Obama the benefit of the doubt.

It is very clear where he stands. You are attributing posters' opinions of the BSA to Obama.
You're the poster who brought it up:

"I'd say Obama made a wise and ethical decision not to attend the anniversary of such a discriminatory group."

As far as I know, Obama's decision had nothing to do with ethics or wisdom; according to his staff it had to do with previously scheduled plans.

Maybe for his golf game.

What!!!!!! You don't think he fudges on his golf score and takes "unfair advantages" in moving his ball? Tiger would not do that, even asd bad as he is playing, but Obama does.

What!!!!!! You don't think he fudges on his golf score and takes "unfair advantages" in moving his ball? Tiger would not do that, even asd bad as he is playing, but Obama does.

Hmmm, such a gold mine for sarcastic replies, but I'll keep a civil tongue in my head and say nothing. :lol:

You're the poster who brought it up:

"I'd say Obama made a wise and ethical decision not to attend the anniversary of such a discriminatory group."

As far as I know, Obama's decision had nothing to do with ethics or wisdom; according to his staff it had to do with previously scheduled plans.

Again, that was my opinion. Don't try to attribute it to Obama.

And he could have chosen to reschedule his previous plans. So he did make a choice.

And he could have chosen to reschedule his previous plans. So he did make a choice.

She didn't........ that is why she said IF Duh.

Careful....you are going to damage the chain like that

Since he chose to honor his previous commitments, then it seems his decision has nothing to do with discrimination. If Obama believed the BSA was a discriminatory organization, as a man of honor and ethics he certainly wouldn't hide behind a made up excuse of prior commitments.

I truly don't believe Obama considers the BSA to be a discriminatory organization because he has honored them in the past at the White House. That doesn't mean I think he holds the BSA in high enough regard to put off an opportunity to raise funds for political campaigns. But then again, he probably puts very few activities above campaigning and fund raising, so the BSA is no better or worse.

Back