Obama missed Boy Scouts 100th anniversary

I was in boy scout. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't eat and live outdoor.

That make me a whole person. Obama didn't attend or was in? What a butthead.

I was in boy scout. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't eat and live outdoor.

That make me a whole person. Obama didn't attend or was in? What a butthead.

Yeah, we can tell you were a BS.:lol:

Think about it...if the Boy Scouts had a history of discriminatory actions against black people back then, why should Obama attend their celebration? If he did, then black people will call him a traitor. So, he didnt go and I see conservatives complaining.

It seems like a case of damned if he does, damned if he doesnt.

Who the *$#@ cares?

Yeah You are probably right, but he would perfer to send his son the muslim scout instead a boy scout. who knows.. :P

but Obama is Christian

Think about it...if the Boy Scouts had a history of discriminatory actions against black people back then, why should Obama attend their celebration? If he did, then black people will call him a traitor. So, he didnt go and I see conservatives complaining.

It seems like a case of damned if he does, damned if he doesnt.

Who the *$#@ cares?
If that was his true reason for not attending he should be man enough to say so and not make up lame excuses for not attending.

He has, however, honored Boy Scouts at the White House so it seems that he does respect the organization.

I'm not sure which it is. It isn't clear where he stands.

Yeah You are probably right, but he would perfer to send his son the muslim scout instead a boy scout. who knows.. :P
I wonder what are the Muslim scouts?

Obama does have two daughters who could join the Girl Scouts.

They go to church but much less than they go on vacation. They just have not picked a "home church" yet.

Our pack is very diverse. There are Buddhist and Hindu kids. I'm not sure about Muslim but I wouldn't be surprised. The kids can get religious achievements for all faiths.

My dad was a Boy Scout and he made it to Eagle. It kind of suprises me cuz he's never been one for camping and he has never struck me as an outdoors man. I have mixed feelings about the Boy Scouts.

While I like the idea of outdoor activies, Lord Baden-Powell (founder of Boy Scouts) was sympathic to the eugenics movement. He is said to have be a supporter of the Hilter youth movment.

So I can see why many would be leery of the Scouts given the past history. If so, I can't fault Obama for not going to it.

Also I should note here that Institutions can change over time. I would hope that is true of the Boy Scouts as well.

I wonder what are the Muslim scouts?

Obama does have two daughters who could join the Girl Scouts.

See, Reba? You just said that his two daughters attend the Girl Scouts. There is no Muslim scouts. There was never one group of Muslim scouts in the news at all. Read my posts up over my threads. He is just joking or kidding. If he has a son, he might ask his son if he want to join the Boy Scouts. It will be up to the young boy if he want to go or not. If he does not want to join the Boy Scouts, that is fine. :cool2:

See, Reba? You just said that his two daughters attend the Girl Scouts. There is no Muslim scouts. There was never one group of Muslim scouts in the news at all. Read my posts up over my threads. He is just joking or kidding. If he has a son, he might ask his son if he want to join the Boy Scouts. It will be up to the young boy if he want to go or not. If he does not want to join the Boy Scouts, that is fine. :cool2:

No, she said that his daughters could have attended Girls Scouts.

If that was his true reason for not attending he should be man enough to say so and not make up lame excuses for not attending.

He has, however, honored Boy Scouts at the White House so it seems that he does respect the organization.

I'm not sure which it is. It isn't clear where he stands.

Does he have to justify his reason for not going to the public? Maybe he doesnt want to share.

It is good manners for Obama to not say anything against the Boy Scouts whether he likes them or not. There is not point in raising confrontation.

See, Reba? You just said that his two daughters attend the Girl Scouts.
I said Obama has two daughters. They could join the Girl Scouts if they want.

If he has a son, he might ask his son if he want to join the Boy Scouts. It will be up to the young boy if he want to go or not. If he does not want to join the Boy Scouts, that is fine. :cool2:
Obama doesn't have a son but he does have two daughters. Those daughters can join the Girl Scouts if they want to.

Back