NRA offensive exposes deep U.S. divisions on guns

Yeah, you got the idea! You thought he is just full of anger by his too much cussing. Same way, regardless how old he is and he can act like kid at any age, you know. I don't care how old he is really. The way he talks painted who he is to the society.

Kid? I thought he was an old man. :hmm:

Thats exact same as my thoughts too, but realize he is only a kid and immature I just roll my eyes up at him. Plus you see, he is pretty much self-centered and don't think what others thinks. Sad? Of course, what heck can we do?
I don't want to judge him. I judged his style of writing, which is as far as I want to go.

Another school shoot out! In Atlanta Georgia! Guess what? It turned out not too bad compared to other shooting out, know why??? Because somebody at school had gun and was able to take out the shooter right on spot. Only one injury but no death. So, it showed that law abiding citizen with gun actually stopped another massacre.

Armed Guard Stops School Shooter After He Opened Fire at Atlanta Middle School | TheBlaze.com

They were not sure how student smuggled gun though metal detector. See? These outlaws will always try find way to beat the system.

Another school shoot out! In Atlanta Georgia! Guess what? It turned out not too bad compared to other shooting out, know why??? Because somebody at school had gun and was able to take out the shooter right on spot. Only one injury but no death. So, it showed that law abiding citizen with gun actually stopped another massacre.

Armed Guard Stops School Shooter After He Opened Fire at Atlanta Middle School | TheBlaze.com

They were not sure how student smuggled gun though metal detector. See? These outlaws will always try find way to beat the system.

It looks like more and more schools are put the armed guards after CT school shooting occurred.

i can see the whole thread, and the Jiro is well read in this matter, and I agree that the proposed move to ban assault weapons isnt going to change much or at all. Here's a couple of points which should be highlighted , just to provide that maybe just maybe bit more sense into gun control can be seen to make sense. For instance, what i want you to be aware is that there are MORE GUN shops than there are petrol stations (gas stations for you), now this is kind of crazy, i can see you all bantering aout the constitution, fine, and its "about freedom". But I see the mentality of owning/or rights to own guns is somewhat not safe, (put aside the arguement self defence for now ok), because you see, owning guns makes people feel powerful, and thats dangerous in the hands of those inclined to kill at random or at will , especially those well embedded in the underworld, (movies just glorify it, its arent funny). There's a thing reducing number og gun shops and outlet might help alittle but it would change the fact nor the size/number/activity of those in the underworld (killing children to seize control of a botched sales or simply forcing arent going to change abit), police are kept away from these (they know how to). Also Id like to say there's a two side effect of freedom, shrinking freedom to jobs, or social security (not the handouts, I mean freedom to change jobs, qualifications and so on are all so controlled -people are angry).
thats what needs to be changed, its the social pressure its getting at people, and the shallowness of the media...and shadowness of what people are interested in, all this snaps people.
So gun laws arent the problem, constitution arent the problem, its the various institutions, places of employment that has to be loosen to give back freedom to people, and which give back hope.
This is what i think, its the hope thats stolen, and that theft of hope are the corporates, and those own corporates are the very people who owns governments, greed are abound. unbelieviable scale. and yet many people cant see it at all, because media go such wonderful job putting an entirely different picture of whats happening in society.
My view?, corporates got to realise their roles in society as the morale robbing entity, and that has to change, it WAS a business for flourishing, not anymore, the idea of prospect has been reframed over and over, its lost the plot, and control, excess control for greed, its affecting the entire nation(USA) and other countries, it is time for people to say what is NOT appropriate for corporations, the line have to be drawn, not people's freedom, its the corporations excess freedom to spread and suck lives out of people. its disgusting, and that's (what to me) is causing peopel to crack and go postal. People cant cope. its very scary. Gun laws debate is just a smoke screen of the real matter. Society are losing control to the vastness of powers that corporations and internation trader possess. its kind of sad that the East hates America, because it isn't even America at all, United States have became a scapegoat for capitalism's failure to flourish peoples' lives (but only to the owners).
This is just a different take on the whole 'killers popping out randomly' issue, scary yes but scarier is that society is Not looking at where and how the real freedom are dissappearing.

... i want you to be aware is that there are MORE GUN shops than there are petrol stations...
Where? South Carolina is a gun friendly state but we have way more gas stations than gun shops. In my entire town there are two gun shops (five if you include the hunting departments of Walmart and Dick's Sports) but there are at least 30 gas stations. (Probably more; there are at least eight gas stations within a mile of my subdivision entrance alone.)

might be a slight error not gas stations,,,but i DID saw it Somewhere...kinda busy right now, i have to pull out 4 more tree stumps, not easy..good day!

might be a slight error not gas stations,,,but i DID saw it Somewhere...kinda busy right now, i have to pull out 4 more tree stumps, not easy..good day!
I don't envy you with the tree stumps; I hope you either have a lot of help or you're using heavy equipment. :)

i dunno, probably not in your state.
I guess South Carolina isn't so redneck after all. :lol:

Interesting but they didn't give their sources for all these comparisons, and they seemed to be counting individual dealers, not shops, for the gun sellers.

I forgot to add the pawnshops in our town, so we could have up to eight places here that sell guns, compared to over 30 places that sell gas, and even more places that sell groceries. Within two miles of my neighborhood there are six grocery stores and six convenience stores and four drug stores that sell food but only one pawn shop and one Walmart that sells guns. :hmm:

Interesting. Of course, we don't go to gun shops every week, compared with going to the gas station or grocery story every week. We go to gun shops only a few times per year, and even then we don't always buy something. Very rarely do we buy a gun. It's usually just to buy ammo, accessories, or use the practice range. So I don't really understand how these comparisons are relevant to anything.

Interesting but they didn't give their sources for all these comparisons, and they seemed to be counting individual dealers, not shops, for the gun sellers.

I forgot to add the pawnshops in our town, so we could have up to eight places here that sell guns, compared to over 30 places that sell gas, and even more places that sell groceries. Within two miles of my neighborhood there are six grocery stores and six convenience stores and four drug stores that sell food but only one pawn shop and one Walmart that sells guns. :hmm:

Interesting. Of course, we don't go to gun shops every week, compared with going to the gas station or grocery story every week. We go to gun shops only a few times per year, and even then we don't always buy something. Very rarely do we buy a gun. It's usually just to buy ammo, accessories, or use the practice range. So I don't really understand how these comparisons are relevant to anything.

South Carolina has many different classes today, just like Alabama, so we have tourist, yuppie, college students, soccer mom, business, causal wear, redneck, gangs, farmers, social workers, government agents, etc.

This guy in the link compared "gun stores" to both. It is very misleading though, they are counting Wal-marts,pawn shops, sporting goods stores, outfitters etc.
Not to mention people who may go to gun shows with a retail license.

Pretty misleading really.

This appears to be where they got the figure. Notice in this link that most of the places people shop are not considered "Traditional Supermarkets"

Looks like the claims is based on a comparison of a subset of places people buy food vs a listing of people licensed to sell guns.

FMI | Food Marketing Institute | Supermarket Facts

Back