No proxy vp number

that is no charge the company will pay for the long distance calls . Sorenson use 800 number but some other vrs use local phone number but hearing people will have to pay the long distance when they does not have unlimited long distance. if VP user with local number and hearing people live same city. hearing people will pay local telephone plan like as Unlimited basic local or limited local plan like cheaper monthly fee allowance or pay per call charge depend on what people choose the calling plan.

deaf VP user has no monthly fee and no long distance fees!!

How does that work for LD? Who is the company? Are you saying that.....after we get our local number, the system will detect that we are deaf and not charge us for LD? if that is so, why is that? The playing field has already been leveled so I don't know why we would get LD gratis.

For now.. Remember in old TDD days, you could call long distance for free by giving relay fake phone #? That changed when they now detects your phone # via caller ID.

LD via VP may be free, but with real #, I wouldn't be suprised if they decide to start charging us for LD calls or even charge us using VP service like we do with cell phone within 5 years.. I hope for our sake it wont happen - but as long VRS companies still get subsidizing from TRS funds.

I agree that we could eventually be charged LD. And I think that is only right; what right do we have getting LD for free?

How does that work for LD? Who is the company? Are you saying that.....after we get our local number, the system will detect that we are deaf and not charge us for LD? if that is so, why is that? The playing field has already been leveled so I don't know why we would get LD gratis.

LD tolls still common in landline, but wireless custs dont pay LD tolls BUT the wireless carriers STILL have to pay the local and LD tolls to other carriers.. If I recalls, it is about 3 cents per call regardless of minutes of calls.. Wireless carrier for my market get over 1.5 millions calls per day.

I agree that we could eventually be charged LD. And I think that is only right; what right do we have getting LD for free?

10 digits numbering are scarce too, I would imagine that VRS companies will have to buy blocks of numbers which is VERY expensive and is valuable asset. Don't forget network resources is finite too. As long the US Govt is subsidizing the VRS services, it would remain free to us but I cannot imagine government would continue subsidize forever, if that the case, we would probably would pay VP just like we pay for our own land line/wireless service.

10 digits numbering are scarce too, I would imagine that VRS companies will have to buy blocks of numbers which is VERY expensive and is valuable asset. Don't forget network resources is finite too. As long the US Govt is subsidizing the VRS services, it would remain free to us but I cannot imagine government would continue subsidize forever, if that the case, we would probably would pay VP just like we pay for our own land line/wireless service.

I agree what you said about the government because what I see in reality is that there are too many VRS companies and I am sure that, sooner or later, the government, too, will see this and apply some economic pressure and the ensuing competition will weed out the weaker ones and be reduced to a more appropriate number of VRS companies because there are not that many of us. Do you agree?

I agree what you said about the government because what I see in reality is that there are too many VRS companies and I am sure that, sooner or later, the government, too, will see this and apply some economic pressure and the ensuing competition will weed out the weaker ones and be reduced to a more appropriate number of VRS companies because there are not that many of us. Do you agree?

In my opinion, I dont think they will be "weed out" but more likely larger VRS companies will buy out or merge with smaller VRS company but I dont see that happening anytime soon unless there are financial incentives for them to buy it.

Anytime anyone call from a voice phone (landline, cell phone, internet voice phone) to VP it goes to the VRS Relay. It will not ring your Video Phone only Relay will ring your Video Phone.

If anyone call from Video Phone will go to your Video Phone.

Yes that is right!!!

My IP number is a local phone number but home phone: if person call via long distance to your device. your person has depending on calling plan or unlimited long distance.

If person does not have unlimited long distance and person will be billed from telephone company.

hearing person with cell phone: a person use cell phone it will have package minutes if exceed then person will have to pay overage minutes. If a person have a unlimited night and weekend with free long distance a person will not be billed at night and weekend.

If person have VOIP. person can have unlimited long distance call and does not worry about charge per-minute charges for long distance.

My IPRelay number on AIM relay was owned by bankrupt corporate MCI. Verizon was brought MCI then Verizon sold to GoAmerica

Last edited:
Historic Calls for the Deaf Community

This is currently being annouced by Alex Chu, the owner of Alldeaf.com

And I have re-watched the Vlog numberal of times, and I have come to full understanding and surely, I am impressed with GoAmerica and FCC.

I might explain more clearly - Kelby Brick said in the Vlog that GoAmerica has taken their time to find the right way to be more equal with the public hearing people around USA. Hearing people use local and phone number to call anyone and anywhere.

You all might have used 1800 numbers, IP addresses, and proxy numbers - GoAmerica has found a new system that can be fully equal and more efficetive for the deaf people and the others. Especially everyone.

GoAmerica has made a new system that you get a 10 digit phone number that contains your local area code and phone number, where anyone can simply call you either way if it is a voice call from a hearing person or direct VP call.

Here is how it works, such what Kelby Brick said in the vlog -- A hearing person has a normal phone number, the same structure such hearing people do have, this person got it off a deaf friend, and the hearing person wanted to contact the deaf person - hearing person dialled the number that was provided.

The new system is intergrated to make it work, the system recongises the voice call and automatically transfers to the relay centre (to the perferred VRS company) and I believe the recongisation is how it might work, correct me if I am wrong, the system recongise the call as it is from a standard landline phone where it takes you to the relay centre automatically without a glitch or whatnot. That's where the VRS interpreter automatically connects to the deaf reciever.

But deaf to deaf standard VP call, is normal, the deaf caller dials the number over the internet, where the new system recongises that it is a standard VP to VP call, and it automatically connects to the deaf recevier's VP with the 10 digit number.

The new system recongises two ways of the phoning system, it might be a correct way to make it work. I might think of a VoIP sort of a similarity. As I have said earlier, it recongises the voice call and automatically connects with the VRS company.

I hope this is more clearly for you all. :)

Example of these transcripts

Hearing caller to deaf recipient
http://www.goamerica.com/10digit/GoAmerica_Transcript_1.pdf

Deaf caller to deaf recipient
http://www.goamerica.com/10digit/GoAmerica_Transcript_2.pdf

That's why, I'm impressed.

Back