No proxy vp number

Thank you JClarke...I am pretty upset tonight because of my cat so I am letting my emotions take over. Yes, it is one number for everyone to use, like Tayler and Kelby explained. I will say good night now. :ty:

GOOD LADY, You are not afraid to contact ED' alert and Kelby. :)

Now, now, there is no point to get into this a useless arguement... but I know it is a debate... but Etoilte is right, I watched both Vlogs and it explains that it will provide ONE number for everyone to use, no matter if it is a hearing person or a direct VP... and I believe you two are concerned on how this will work.

Thank you, JClarke. You are good point.

Now that's better - we're settled. We'll wait for the FCC to annouce how this will work. No need to agrue furthermore.

Etoile said:
"BTW Tousi - The 800 number (DirectVP) you have right now is free for your family to call! But they will be taking that away with the switch to the new program, you will get a local number just like your neighbors."

Oic, so between now and Switch On Day, which I believe is the last day of this year, hearing folks can call me gratis via their landline phone, right? Thanks again, E....

Direct VP is only ONE NUMBER.... VP TO VP OR if hearing people call DirectVP number will automatic route to the interperter and Interperter will call you via VP will be automatically.

800, 866, 877, 888 toll free number to your hearing family or friends and They will not pay the long distance fees but VP Company will pay the long distance charge, Deaf VP user will not being billed anyway.

Although those who are using My IP Relay Number won't be charged for any calls but those who calls to your "My Ip Relay Number" will be charged because the area code is not a toll free area code number.

This from their FAQ page;

Do I get billed for receiving a call on my wireless device?
You will not be billed for an incoming call. Your regular device service charges apply.

Does the person calling me get charged a fee?
Depending on where the voice caller is calling from and the number you are assigned, there may be a long distance toll charge.

Although those who are using My IP Relay Number won't be charged for any calls but those who calls to your "My Ip Relay Number" will be charged because the area code is not a toll free area code number.

You will not be billed for an incoming call. Your regular device service charges apply.

Depending on where the voice caller is calling from and the number you are assigned, there may be a long distance toll charge.

Good question. i will discuss with my Hovrs Supervisor. Thank you.

My IP number is a local phone number but home phone: if person call via long distance to your device. your person has depending on calling plan or unlimited long distance.

If person does not have unlimited long distance and person will be billed from telephone company.

hearing person with cell phone: a person use cell phone it will have package minutes if exceed then person will have to pay overage minutes. If a person have a unlimited night and weekend with free long distance a person will not be billed at night and weekend.

If person have VOIP. person can have unlimited long distance call and does not worry about charge per-minute charges for long distance.

For now we will have an 800 number but when we are changed to a regular local number, just like hearing folks, will we (deaf VP users) charged for long distance calls on our VP?

For now we will have an 800 number but when we are changed to a regular local number, just like hearing folks, will we (deaf VP users) charged for long distance calls on our VP?

that is no charge the company will pay for the long distance calls . Sorenson use 800 number but some other vrs use local phone number but hearing people will have to pay the long distance when they does not have unlimited long distance. if VP user with local number and hearing people live same city. hearing people will pay local telephone plan like as Unlimited basic local or limited local plan like cheaper monthly fee allowance or pay per call charge depend on what people choose the calling plan.

deaf VP user has no monthly fee and no long distance fees!!

What if the real number is automatically converted to the IP address, since you needed the internet connection to make the video work?

Anyone can find out other party's VP IP address when calling.. I can find out by going to my router and look at the session page..

But seriously, nothing will change the way we use VP, only difference is we will use different system that will handle true 10-digits number gateway system. Think of gateway as DNS server which look up the phone # and convert it to IP address being registered.. Your VP send out the gateway server the current IP address (either static or dynamic) once a while (either unit power cycle or every day - whichever it is being programmed by provider) so the # will still find your vp device.

that is no charge the company will pay for the long distance calls . Sorenson use 800 number but some other vrs use local phone number but hearing people will have to pay the long distance when they does not have unlimited long distance. if VP user with local number and hearing people live same city. hearing people will pay local telephone plan like as Unlimited basic local or limited local plan like cheaper monthly fee allowance or pay per call charge depend on what people choose the calling plan.

deaf VP user has no monthly fee and no long distance fees!!

For now.. Remember in old TDD days, you could call long distance for free by giving relay fake phone #? That changed when they now detects your phone # via caller ID.

LD via VP may be free, but with real #, I wouldn't be suprised if they decide to start charging us for LD calls or even charge us using VP service like we do with cell phone within 5 years.. I hope for our sake it wont happen - but as long VRS companies still get subsidizing from TRS funds.

Thank you richard for the clarification of NANP, althought dbarovian explained it, earlier today or yesterday (whatever it is )

For now.. Remember in old TDD days, you could call long distance for free by giving relay fake phone #? That changed when they now detects your phone # via caller ID.

LD via VP may be free, but with real #, I wouldn't be suprised if they decide to start charging us for LD calls or even charge us using VP service like we do with cell phone within 5 years.. I hope for our sake it wont happen - but as long VRS companies still get subsidizing from TRS funds.

I had a traditional TTY with acoustic couple , I was got traditional TTY the state paid the traditional TTY equipment in 1984. I don't have a traditional relay service for Florida Relay Service before 1988 but I was call in-state long distance to my ex gf and I was talk few friends on TTY on Long Distance call. my mom was paid long distance bill,she told me least 10 minutes 1 to 3 times a month. also I was in school in St. augustine -- I was call to my father while my dad is in the office in Seattle He was gave me toll free number 1 800 number the company pay long distance bills but my school's phone bill was not being billed for long distance. I was stayed in the dormitory. Collect call is very very very expensive to use. My father was afford to use collect call for incoming calls. I was call few times in 1993 to 2002 I was not being used Collect 2003 to now. because I was use internet text relay with no long distance charge. I was got Internet in 1994 to Now. I was set up first my own local traditional service in 1994, I cancel my telephone service in 2003 I was discontiuned traditional Long distance in 1997 because Instant message is free unlimited I was begin Nextalk.net software in 1998 to Now
I was used Nextalk.net for free long distance plus relay service.. but I got finally VP100 in 2003 I got updated new VP200 in 2007 to Now. I got new DirectVP number recently.

Anytime anyone call from a voice phone (landline, cell phone, internet voice phone) to VP it goes to the VRS Relay. It will not ring your Video Phone only Relay will ring your Video Phone.

If anyone call from Video Phone will go to your Video Phone.

Back