Nitro's recent situation

Are you suggesting that the world is perfectly safe and you don't need to be prepared to defend yourself? One thing you might ponder is why it makes you uncomfortable that he carries his gun but you probably don't think twice about how many people you encounter in a day that are packing and you have no idea, legally or criminally. I mean, he's a marshal, he's paid to protect people why are you worried about him.

I would never tell anyone about my gun(s)
All it does is set you up for unwanted targeting.... Its better off not knowing by anyone else. If someone knows you have it, they will expect it, what they dont know is more to your advantage.

If someone was to rob me knowing I have a weapon , will take me by surprise as they prepared for the worst. If they dont know Im armed thats where I get them by surprise when they least expect it.

I asked because of green's demand to know.

I'm inclined to agree at this point. I'm probably pretty firm on it but I MIGHT tell one employee. Sometimes I send him out to jobs without me. Especially when we have two locations to do at the same time.

That's it. I am now paranoid, all of you have now convinced me to build a bunker under my shed, and I am going to buy tons of ammo & all kinds of weapons, and get a used Hummer H1 with armor plating.....

Whoa, Nelly....it wasn't me asking....

Good-on-ya! I'm sorry! Forgive me. I meant goodonya. Either way, I'm glad he asked. It's important for me to hear what everybody says. Reba came out with some great input. Sonovacio, cdodd, and you... this is a good thread (even though I'd like for the title to be renamed more appropriately to the subject, gun safety. lol.).

That's it. I am now paranoid, all of you have now convinced me to build a bunker under my shed, and I am going to buy tons of ammo & all kinds of weapons, and get a used Hummer H1 with armor plating.....

Welcome to the bunker :wave:

Seriously though, I don't walk around worried about all this stuff. I just understand the world is not "Safe" and I have a plan to do my best to deal with it as needed. That's why I pointed out that health is important. I laugh so hard when people start talking about self defense when they are 100lbs over weight. Realistically a flight of stair poses a larger threat to these people than a mugger but they get all caught up in it. I wear my seatbelt, have fire/carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers, stay in shape and know first aid. Nobody calls me paranoid about that :lol:

Ok, well now, I want to start making black T-shirts with "Armed and Dangerous" written on them....any buyers....lol

J/K

Maybe " I carry 6 days out of the week, You guess which day Im not armed" lol

How about "Does this 45 make my hips look fat?"

or if you wanted to get all geeky "This human protected by accelerated atomic number 82

...I asked him if he really needs to pack it in order to ride to Home Depot. His response was "There are crazy people out there, I need to be prepared".

There is a line that needs to be drawn somewhere between preparation and paranoia.
If you think about it, many of the places where innocent people were shot were in "friendly" locations--a movie theater, schools, restaurants, shopping center parking lots, work places--places where you would least expect violence to occur.

I would never tell anyone about my gun(s)....
I don't tell everyone but there are people who know we own guns because we go shooting with them. When carrying concealed, we definitely don't announce that fact. That's why it's concealed carry and not open carry.

If you think about it, many of the places where innocent people were shot were in "friendly" locations--a movie theater, schools, restaurants, shopping center parking lots, work places--places where you would least expect violence to occur.

Because criminals will take the easiest opportunity for victims... NOW, once EVERYONE is a CCW holder and packing a cannon, criminals will be relucent to try to rob anyone or shoot in public. No, it wont stop them but it sure will make them have second thoughts before they attemt anything and surely will cut down on the criminal activities.

Seriously though, I don't walk around worried about all this stuff. I just understand the world is not "Safe" and I have a plan to do my best to deal with it as needed. That's why I pointed out that health is important. I laugh so hard when people start talking about self defense when they are 100lbs over weight. Realistically a flight of stair poses a larger threat to these people than a mugger but they get all caught up in it. I wear my seatbelt, have fire/carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers, stay in shape and know first aid. Nobody calls me paranoid about that :lol:
Right. There's a difference between being informed and prepared, and being fearful and paranoid.

:giggle:

I do have a black t-shirt with bright pink and green lettering on the back that says, "I shoot like a girl" from the Ladies Night shooting class. The front has the logo and name of the gun shop.

I hold a CPR/FIRST AID TRAINERS CERTIFICATE and I still have that fear of "Messing Up" if I ever have to use it in an emergency, because Ive never had to use it yet... I have taught my daughter, my wife and her kids but the wife and her kids could care less. My daughter however, I played dead a couple times ( cruel I know ) but I told her, One day something may happen to me and you or someone you know will need help.
I have attended auto accidents on highways til help arrived but luckily no life/death situations arose, just minor bangs and bumps.
I like watching survivalist doccumentaries, and love some of the information contained in these shows.

:giggle:

I do have a black t-shirt with bright pink and green lettering on the back that says, "I shoot like a girl" from the Ladies Night shooting class. The front has the logo and name of the gun shop.

I would hope you dont close both eyes when you shoot...lol

I would hope you dont close both eyes when you shoot...lol
Nope. If you must know, my group is so tight on the targets that they can't even count the holes accurately because they go thru the same space. When I was in the Navy, I earned a permanent Expert Pistol ribbon.

Just because I use pink targets doesn't mean I can't hit the bullseye. :lol:

Back