NFLer Aaron Hernandez is charged with murder and weapon charges.

Wirelessly posted

Foxrac said:
naisho said:
If convicted, Hernandez probably get life imprisonment without possibility of parole in prison state penitentiary (not jail). Massachusetts doesn't have death penalty right now.

Tell to Rio about difference between jail and prison.

I'm saying that some states have death penalty, not in Massachusetts.

TXGolfer said Hernandez has 2 situations in Florida - I'm not sure about it.

What did I do? Why does naisho have to explain that to me?

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

What did I do? Why naisho have to tell me ?

You said that Hernandez could have a whole life in jail so I quoted your post saying "Yes, that what I think too".

Naisho quoted my post by saying life sentence in prison because jail and prison are different.

I told him that he should quote you because you used jail.

I found no mistake between you and me. :dunno:

Wirelessly posted

Foxrac said:
Wirelessly posted

What did I do? Why naisho have to tell me ?

You said that Hernandez could have a whole life in jail so I quoted your post saying "Yes, that what I think too".

Naisho quoted my post by saying life sentence in prison because jail and prison are different.

Well, jail, prison, lockdown all the same, but wait! Let me correct myself. Hernandez will spend time in prison . His whereabouts for the moment could be jail bec no judge ordered placement for him. Hold tight buddy case not over yet.

Wirelessly posted

Well, jail, prison, lockdown all the same, but wait! Let me correct myself. Hernandez will spend time in prison . His whereabouts for the moment could be jail bec no judge ordered placement for him. Hold tight buddy case not over yet.

Yes, I don't see your word as big deal.

Tell to Rio about difference between jail and prison.
I think it's fair to learn about what's the difference. If George Zimmerman is convicted for killing Martin, would you say his conviction is manslaughter if it is really murder?

It's not a big deal, but I don't like seeing misinformed facts. You are more into government-related than Rio, so I quoted to you. I saw that you said you agreed Hernandez may spend a life in jail. Jail is never for life imprisonment - it's for people serving non-serious minor sentences usually around 1 years or less (sometimes more depending on circumstance).

I quoted you directly because you care about government terms than I think Rio is. It was this part of your post:
Yes, that what I think too

Wirelessly posted

naisho said:
Foxrac said:

I quoted you directly because you care about government terms than I think Rio is. It was this part of your post:
Foxrac said:
Yes, that what I think too

No wonder , someone sticks to government terms rme got it now Naisho :lol: you know these members more than I do lol

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Foxrac said:
Wirelessly posted

Yes, I don't see your word as big deal.

Yes , you did! Whatever!

It's probably strict depending on where you live and the local police's concerns. Certainly MA has uptight security since the past incidents, but has it always been like that?

For my current city in CA, residents can get CCWs here. The city police are rarely involved in the process aside from background investigations - the Sheriff takes care of the requests (our sheriff is pro-CCW by the way) and has no issues handing out CCWs with good and reasonable cause. Compared to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orange County, or San Diego - good luck with it, it's like winning the lottery with those counties.

Massachusetts has always been strict. My city and Salem, even more so. Years ago when I was applying for a job at the Coast Guard, I was trying to apply for a position with the security. They were reluctant to hire me because I'm from Peabody. A former employee was from Salem, MA and he was an excellent employee too so he was promoted. The promotion entailed carrying a firearm, but when he went to the police with the note from the employer and applied for the Class A (License to Carry), he was denied.

The security team looked further into this person thinking "maybe we missed something." They didn't; he had no criminal record, so they called Salem's police chief and asked why he was denied the Class A and the chief told them that he refuses to give anyone a Class A and that's all there was to that. I would have taken him to court, but this young man quit his job in frustration. The gun stores I frequent, and I've done business with them for years...do not allow customers without permits to handle firearms or make firearm related purchases unless they show the permit. I don't speak for every gun store in the state because I've only done business on the North Shore so I have no way of knowing what each and every city or town does.

I use to frequent a business named Magnum Sporting in Middleton, MA which was owned by a cop and he used to run the shop with his Dad. He was the person that created a bullet proof back pack which he had success with called "My Back Pack." He ended up going out of the gun business because our state just sucks rocks and makes life difficult for shop owners and he didn't want the hassle any more. He's still in business except he no longer sells guns. An example of the hassle we get: years ago, it was legal in MA to sell the Beretta Brigidier in Stainless, except you couldn't get the black gun of the same model because black is a dangerous color and we don't allow it here. This is all I can think of because why allow a model gun in one finish and not the other? We had Glocks for two months, then it was banned again because it wasn't hard enough to pull the trigger. Translation, a safe gun is one that won't work to save your life.

You don't have believe me about the permit thing, you can email The Four Seasons in Woburn, The Coin Collector's Gallery in Stoneham, Gun Sport North in Lawrence, and you can ask for Mike at Magnum Sporting in Middleton. Celebs like Hernandez seem to be able to get their hands on illegal guns as easy as ordering coffee at Dunkin Donuts....God only knows how he does it but I imagine money talks.

Massachusetts has always been strict. My city and Salem, even more so. Years ago when I was applying for a job at the Coast Guard, I was trying to apply for a position with the security. They were reluctant to hire me because I'm from Peabody. A former employee was from Salem, MA and he was an excellent employee too so he was promoted. The promotion entailed carrying a firearm, but when he went to the police with the note from the employer and applied for the Class A (License to Carry), he was denied.

The security team looked further into this person thinking "maybe we missed something." They didn't; he had no criminal record, so they called Salem's police chief and asked why he was denied the Class A and the chief told them that he refuses to give anyone a Class A and that's all there was to that. I would have taken him to court, but this young man quit his job in frustration. The gun stores I frequent, and I've done business with them for years...do not allow customers without permits to handle firearms or make firearm related purchases unless they show the permit. I don't speak for every gun store in the state because I've only done business on the North Shore so I have no way of knowing what each and every city or town does.

I use to frequent a business named Magnum Sporting in Middleton, MA which was owned by a cop and he used to run the shop with his Dad. He was the person that created a bullet proof back pack which he had success with called "My Back Pack." He ended up going out of the gun business because our state just sucks rocks and makes life difficult for shop owners and he didn't want the hassle any more. He's still in business except he no longer sells guns. An example of the hassle we get: years ago, it was legal in MA to sell the Beretta Brigidier in Stainless, except you couldn't get the black gun of the same model because black is a dangerous color and we don't allow it here. This is all I can think of because why allow a model gun in one finish and not the other? We had Glocks for two months, then it was banned again because it wasn't hard enough to pull the trigger. Translation, a safe gun is one that won't work to save your life.

You don't have believe me about the permit thing, you can email The Four Seasons in Woburn, The Coin Collector's Gallery in Stoneham, Gun Sport North in Lawrence, and you can ask for Mike at Magnum Sporting in Middleton. Celebs like Hernandez seem to be able to get their hands on illegal guns as easy as ordering coffee at Dunkin Donuts....God only knows how he does it but I imagine money talks.
that's pretty much same for NJ and NYC. Most gun stores and ranges here are owned by former cops.

Obtaining a license to carry is a complete joke in here. Even most former detectives can't get one and yet... Donald Trump (to nobody's surprise) has a permit to carry.

Donald Trump Among NYC's Gun-Toting, Paranoid Upper-Crust: Gothamist
There are 21,243 New York City residents licensed to carry a concealed weapon, and at least three of them are Trumps. Donald, Donald Jr., and Eric Trump, all proved to the NYPD that they need to have a firearm close at hand for safety reasons.

According to http://www.gao.gov/assets/600/592552.pdf, there are 32,000 active permits..... in a state of New Jersey with 8.9 million residents. Massachusetts has 251,000 active permits. NYC even has laws on limited number of guns and ammo that residents can own.

I'm just skeptical about your claim that a resident is required to get a permit in order to purchase accessories.... that doesn't sound right.

Im speaking for him and average Joe. If he is just another average Joe, he won't be able to get decent attorney in attempt to get not guilty verdict.

OJ is one example, he paid bunch to top attorney and he was found not guilty, image if he was just another average Joe, he probably will find guilty.

I know about civil, really don't matter because once acquitted, no jail time.

You forgot that he can be sued by family of the victim in civil court which can cost him millions dollars.

The security team looked further into this person thinking "maybe we missed something." They didn't; he had no criminal record, so they called Salem's police chief and asked why he was denied the Class A and the chief told them that he refuses to give anyone a Class A and that's all there was to that. I would have taken him to court, but this young man quit his job in frustration.

That would be a case for the NRA or the Civil Liberties Union. As far as I know you need three people to vouch for you when applying for a license to carry. And, it would be up to the police at first. The next step would be legal action which would take a lot of money and a lot of years.

Wirelessly posted

They got another person involved in the case. As of now, Hernandez remains in custody. The Pro shop Patriots is asking if anyone bought a Hernandez jersey will do a free exchange of another of equal value. Good thing they are doing this.

Wirelessly posted

They got another person involved in the case. As of now, Hernandez remains in custody. The Pro shop Patriots is asking if anyone bought a Hernandez jersey will do a free exchange of another of equal value. Good thing they are doing this.

What was the difference in cost between the jersey for Hernandez and Brady(which goes for $100)?

Eventually, and perhaps sadly, the Hernandez one will probably go for more money.

Wirelessly posted

Oh wow, I remember about Michael Vick too and his reputation was destroyed because of dogfighting, but now, he returned to NFL player under Eagles.

Hernandez will be a lot worse because of murder charge.

Yeah, it's disgusting that some celebrities and pro players like Vick gets another chance or leniency while most citizens who can't afford gets more punishments.

Something is wrong with justice systems unfortunately. :(

Oh wow, I remember about Michael Vick too and his reputation was destroyed because of dogfighting, but now, he returned to NFL player under Eagles.

Hernandez will be a lot worse because of murder charge.

Back