NFLer Aaron Hernandez is charged with murder and weapon charges.

Then my question is: Why would someone not look into whether he owns a gun. Was the pic posted on twitter or taken as evidence for recent events. TMZ apparently got a hold of it how hard can it be.

According to channel 7 Boston: the search of his SUV lead to the discovery of an ammunition clip matching the caliber of casings found at the scene of the killing of Odin Lloyd, the surveillance system showed him walking through his house with a gun, and his friend was also holding a gun, which can't be found...so I think we know why he was destroying his house to get rid of evidence....

The photo TMZ got was from a cell phone....that's why he destroyed his phones in pieces....this is going to get interesting when the trial gets underway....

It is not illegal to hold someone's gun, but you would think someone might look into it.

Oh, I don't even care that he owned a gun (if he did) I just don't understand idiots standing in front of a bathroom mirror with a gun taking "selfies"

Sorry but I'm a gun owner in this state - it is illegal to hold someone's gun if you don't have a permit. Try going to a gun shop - no permit? You're just looking then....
Wow, that is strict! No one needs a permit to use a gun in SC. The gun shop does a background check for purchasing a gun but it's not required for using one. The only permit required is for concealed carry. No permit is required to try out guns at the shop.

At our local shop, when a newbie buys a gun, they have to fill out the paper work and wait while the application is phoned in. The clerks do everything very slowly and stall while they make the call. They do that so they can also observe the buyer. They watch for any suspicious behavior or nervousness. If the buyer sends up any red flags, then the shop can refuse the sale.

Sorry but I'm a gun owner in this state - it is illegal to hold someone's gun if you don't have a permit. Try going to a gun shop - no permit? You're just looking then....

really? I'm not so sure about that... never heard of such thing in any state especially from my state. maybe you're confusing it with this law called "Minor in Possession of Firearm"?

the gun stores in NJ do have signs saying something like "NO PERMIT? NO GUN!". I don't think it's a law... just a store policy for liability reason.

Wow, that is strict! No one needs a permit to use a gun in SC. The gun shop does a background check for purchasing a gun but it's not required for using one. The only permit required is for concealed carry. No permit is required to try out guns at the shop.

At our local shop, when a newbie buys a gun, they have to fill out the paper work and wait while the application is phoned in. The clerks do everything very slowly and stall while they make the call. They do that so they can also observe the buyer. They watch for any suspicious behavior or nervousness. If the buyer sends up any red flags, then the shop can refuse the sale.

That is different....the police ssue the permits, which requires an extensive background check - but as you mentioned, the gun shops do their own too when the person is filling out the paperwork, and you're right, they look for signs. Some people actually state on paper that they're not allowed to have a gun and they're wanted in another state. I really can't believe it but the gun shops I've gone to have told me amazing stories of some of their experiences with customers. Here in MA - no permit, you're not allowed to handle guns, but you are free to look.

If you have a permit, you need a pin to make a gun purchase or buy ammo or even a holster - anything gun related, you need the permit. The new gun permits in MA look like a credit card and have your picture and thumb print, and like a debit card - you need a pin to use it. Their position, why are buying these things if you don't have a gun? What's it for? Forgot your pin? You'll need to wait until you find it again and try another day.

If I were a betting woman, which I'm not, I'd say that won't happen. People tend to make these people out to be the victim after a year or so. Richard Ramirez aka "The Night Stalker" got love letters up to the end. We've had very sad cases in this state that screamed for the dealth penalty and those people just skated.... Tsaraev will too I suspect.
Tsaraev already has his groupies. :(

As long as none of them are on the jury, there is hope for justice.

I also hope that at sentencing, they bring in all the survivors for impact statements. All the wounded, and the family members of the dead--bring them all in.

really? I'm not so sure about that... never heard of such thing in any state especially from my state. maybe you're confusing it with this law called "Minor in Possession of Firearm"?

the gun stores in NJ do have signs saying something like "NO PERMIT? NO GUN!". I don't think it's a law... just a store policy for liability reason.

Come to to Massachusetts and visit our gun shops. Ask if you can hold a gun without a permit and it's OK by them. Our laws are strict, right up there with NY, NJ, DC, and CT.

Come to to Massachusetts and visit our gun shops. Ask if you can hold a gun without a permit and it's OK by them. Our laws are strict, right up there with NY, NJ, DC, and CT.

I just told you. The gun shops in NJ do same thing but I don't think it's a law. We also do have shooting ranges in NJ and NYC where people can rent guns. Obviously... most of them do not have permits.

I can't find anything that corroborates your claim.

Sure, same goes with California too.

That is different....the police ssue the permits, which requires an extensive background check - but as you mentioned, the gun shops do their own too when the person is filling out the paperwork, and you're right, they look for signs. Some people actually state on paper that they're not allowed to have a gun and they're wanted in another state. I really can't believe it but the gun shops I've gone to have told me amazing stories of some of their experiences with customers. Here in MA - no permit, you're not allowed to handle guns, but you are free to look.
In SC, we have no permits to be issued other than concealed carry. Owning a gun requires nothing except being the right age. No one here would buy a gun that they hadn't tried out. The shop has an indoor range for trying out guns.

There is no minimum age for shooting but there is for purchasing.

If you have a permit, you need a pin to make a gun purchase or buy ammo or even a holster - anything gun related, you need the permit. The new gun permits in MA look like a credit card and have your picture and thumb print, and like a debit card - you need a pin to use it. Their position, why are buying these things if you don't have a gun? What's it for? Forgot your pin? You'll need to wait until you find it again and try another day.
Double wow! Anyone over 18 can buy ammo. There's no restrictions on holsters, bipeds, scopes, etc.

In SC, we have no permits to be issued other than concealed carry. Owning a gun requires nothing except being the right age. No one here would buy a gun that they hadn't tried out. The shop has an indoor range for trying out guns.

There is no minimum age for shooting but there is for purchasing.

Double wow! Anyone over 18 can buy ammo. There's no restrictions on holsters, bipeds, scopes, etc.

Same in Alabama but you are required to get permit for open carry in car.

:eek3:

that's just bizarre and I find it hard to believe. in NJ - prior to owning a firearm, a person must obtain "State of NJ Firearm Purchaser Identification Card" from a local police department where he resides in. His background check will be performed by NJ State Police and once everything's in order... Chief of Police will issue him a card.

With this card - he can buy any long gun. However in NJ, he is required to fill out a Handgun Purchase Permit (aka pink form/slip/paper) which will need to be approved by Chief of Police... and this can take up to 2-3 months to process.

No permit is needed to buy accessories or ammo.

It's probably strict depending on where you live and the local police's concerns. Certainly MA has uptight security since the past incidents, but has it always been like that?

For my current city in CA, residents can get CCWs here. The city police are rarely involved in the process aside from background investigations - the Sheriff takes care of the requests (our sheriff is pro-CCW by the way) and has no issues handing out CCWs with good and reasonable cause. Compared to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orange County, or San Diego - good luck with it, it's like winning the lottery with those counties.

How is open carry in a car defined there?

hmm

http://www.alabamaopencarry.com/docs/aochandout.pdf
You only need a permit to carry a pistol concealed or to carry one in a vehicle. (§ 13A-11-73)

MORRIS v STATE (1977)
“It is to be observed that this law prohibits carrying a pistol (concealed or not) in any vehicle or "concealed on or about his person, except . . . without a license therefor . . “[**4] . ." It does not prohibit an unconcealed pistol. Acts 1956, 2d Session, No. 43, p. 336. It is immaterial that defendant did or did not have a pistol permit. He had a right to carry the pistol unconcealed at the time and place of arrest. Defendant was under no duty to submit to any other than a lawful arrest.

§ 13A-11-73. License to carry pistol in vehicle or concealed on person – Required. No person shall carry a pistol in any vehicle or concealed on or about his person, exception his land, in his own abode or fixed place of business, without a license therefor as hereinafter provided.

Yep, OJ Simpson is an example of that.

You forgot that he can be sued by family of the victim in civil court which can cost him millions dollars.

Since he has money, he can afford high performance attorney. Gee! I don't think it is fair.

for now... but his fund will quickly be depleted since he most likely has no means of income. everybody has cut all ties with him.

Wirelessly posted

I don't think Hernandez has chance to be free according to media what they found and evidence destroyed doesn't look good. Like they say, innocent until proven guilty.

Also, he no longer in NFL unless the Raiders want him :giggle: JK JK

Last edited:
Back