New Here!

rgoodner

Reaction score
Hello my name is Chelle I'm 24 years old from Texas!
I'm hard of hearing, I have Ménière's Disease. While I am still able to hear I have decided to become an interpreter for the Deaf.
I'm taking up classes at CCCCD in Plano, Tx to become an interpreter. I stumbled across this website doing research on Gender Roles as an interpreter.
If the Deaf person is a man should he have a male interpreter and vice versa. Or does it matter about the subject content if the interpreter should be male or female.

But! I have only met 2 men in classes after 3 years of classes. One was already an interpreter he was just taking classes and the other was just taking it “because it looked easy”. Lol he failed!!!! So, the question that comes to my mind is really how many male interpreters are there? Maybe it is the place I live that has to do with it. Shrug?!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello all and I hope to chat soon!:wave:

Hi Chelle!:wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf!!

Men interpreters are very rarely to interprets...but mostly of women interpreters does interprets.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Hello my name is Chelle I'm 24 years old from Texas!
I'm hard of hearing, I have Ménière's Disease. While I am still able to hear I have decided to become an interpreter for the Deaf.
I'm taking up classes at CCCCD in Plano, Tx to become an interpreter. I stumbled across this website doing research on Gender Roles as an interpreter.
If the Deaf person is a man should he have a male interpreter and vice versa. Or does it matter about the subject content if the interpreter should be male or female.

But! I have only met 2 men in classes after 3 years of classes. One was already an interpreter he was just taking classes and the other was just taking it “because it looked easy”. Lol he failed!!!! So, the question that comes to my mind is really how many male interpreters are there? Maybe it is the place I live that has to do with it. Shrug?!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello all and I hope to chat soon!:wave:

Hullo! Welcome to alldeaf. Just wanted to say that I think it's great that you are learning to be an interpreter. I know nothing about the gender issue though. I hope you have fun here!

I used to go to CCCC years ago.

Welcome to AllDeaf! :thumb:

Back